Cm Vfw Post Seeking Meeting Place

Dustoff

The new Post of the American Veterans of Foreign Wars is seeking a suitable meeting room that will seat up to 40 people. We now average 12-20 attendees but our membership is steadily growing.

Our preference, at least for now, would be a restaurant that has a large quiet room and would be willing to allow us to use it in return for the food and beverages we order while there.

Our meetings at present are on the 1st Saturday of each month beginning at 10:30am and usually go for two hours or less. Ideally, access to a room and restaurant from 10am to 1pm which would give us time to visit and eat/drink before and after our meeting. Aircon would be nice since we are coming into the very hot season and few other customers so that we do not disturb one another.

Other preferences are something centrally located, plenty of parking available and a kitchen/bar that can handle a dozen-plus people who are usually hungry.

If you have any thoughts or possibilities, please PM me or post it here.

Thanks so much!

The new Post of the American Veterans of Foreign Wars is seeking a suitable meeting room that will seat up to 40 people. We now average 12-20 attendees but our membership is steadily growing.

Our preference, at least for now, would be a restaurant that has a large quiet room and would be willing to allow us to use it in return for the food and beverages we order while there.

Our meetings at present are on the 1st Saturday of each month beginning at 10:30am and usually go for two hours or less. Ideally, access to a room and restaurant from 10am to 1pm which would give us time to visit and eat/drink before and after our meeting. Aircon would be nice since we are coming into the very hot season and few other customers so that we do not disturb one another.

Other preferences are something centrally located, plenty of parking available and a kitchen/bar that can handle a dozen-plus people who are usually hungry.

If you have any thoughts or possibilities, please PM me or post it here.

Thanks so much!

Practically speaking, I don't think many restaurants will have 'meeting rooms' for 40-plus. Unless Dukes on the river can use their upstairs space - maybe worth asking.

Don't set your sights (or sites) too low. Almost every major hotel has all you need and more. We are starting the long low season now and many hotels are Very keen on doing any and all business with we expats.

From a serious conversation I had this very day with a former long term CM hotelier, you could do a lot worse than talk to the (American) GM at the new Shangri-La. Fantastic food and service - and their international marketing has not quite caught up to their facilities yet. Go get him!

And, by the way, delighted that there is both a VFW post and a sub-branch of Royal British Legion in town now.

Practically speaking, I don't think many restaurants will have 'meeting rooms' for 40-plus. Unless Dukes on the river can use their upstairs space - maybe worth asking.

Don't set your sights (or sites) too low. Almost every major hotel has all you need and more. We are starting the long low season now and many hotels are Very keen on doing any and all business with we expats.

From a serious conversation I had this very day with a former long term CM hotelier, you could do a lot worse than talk to the (American) GM at the new Shangri-La. Fantastic food and service - and their international marketing has not quite caught up to their facilities yet. Go get him!

And, by the way, delighted that there is both a VFW post and a sub-branch of Royal British Legion in town now.

Thanks. Our installation ceremony was less than two months ago and we are the first new Post in eight years in the Asia-Pacific Region so we are quite excited and proud.

It will be some time before our meetings have your 40-plus attendees and by the time they do, we will likely have rented our own place and be doing our own food and beverages. In the meantime, we are headed for the new Night Bazaar Dukes Restaurant for our May meeting and we'll see how it goes from there.

I am not familiar with the Shangri-La but would be happy to check it out. Explicit directions please?

Tuskers by the way did make a kind offer and is under consideration.

Dustoff

Thanks. Our installation ceremony was less than two months ago and we are the first new Post in eight years in the Asia-Pacific Region so we are quite excited and proud.

It will be some time before our meetings have your 40-plus attendees and by the time they do, we will likely have rented our own place and be doing our own food and beverages. In the meantime, we are headed for the new Night Bazaar Dukes Restaurant for our May meeting and we'll see how it goes from there.

I am not familiar with the Shangri-La but would be happy to check it out. Explicit directions please?

Tuskers by the way did make a kind offer and is under consideration.

Dustoff

Shangri-La is on Changklan ('Night Bazaar') Rd on your left as you leave the city centre. Huge modern pile set back from the road. Philip Dailey is their dynamic and friendly GM on 053 253 888. I have no connection other than being a (very) happy, occasional f&b client!