Tabien Baan

What is a Tabien Baan and how can I get one or be registered on one?

Can anybody please help me?

My wife went to the local amphur office today and re registered herself in the house documents as living here. She used to live in Samut Prakhan.

I asked her if I could be registered as well but this apparantly is not permitted though I am on the house book as the father of our baby.

I thought I would be able to be registered and it would be a Tabien Baan.

It appears that I am mistaken.

:o

As i have known,Tabian Baan is the house registration document for thai citizens.It is also issued to Foreigners buying condos in Thailand.As well as foreigns who are residents of Thailand(having Thai PR).It is not issued to any foreigner not meeting the above conditions.

As i have known,Tabian Baan is the house registration document for thai citizens.It is also issued to Foreigners buying condos in Thailand.As well as foreigns who are residents of Thailand(having Thai PR).It is not issued to any foreigner not meeting the above conditions.

Thank you for that information.

My wife could not explain it to me. All she said is that the Amphur said it was not permitted.

I hope that having my name on the book might help as a certificate of residence or where I actually stay. Before we moved it used to be Bangkok.

I suppose the next thing I have to do is somehow change the address on my Thai drivers licence. That should be fun.

My wife could not explain it to me. All she said is that the Amphur said it was not permitted.

I hope that having my name on the book might help as a certificate of residence or where I actually stay. Before we moved it used to be Bangkok.

I suppose the next thing I have to do is somehow change the address on my Thai drivers licence. That should be fun.

Don't forget immigration. If you are on an extension of stay you will also have to do that every 90 days. And your wife, as head of household, should file paper with local police (or immigration if in town) on a form TM.30 which can be downloaded here:

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/form/main.htm

Don't forget immigration. If you are on an extension of stay you will also have to do that every 90 days. And your wife, as head of household, should file paper with local police (or immigration if in town) on a form TM.30 which can be downloaded here:

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/form/main.htm

Thank a lot guys.

I have to go back to Bangkok next month to restart my Thai Wife visa.

The village nearest to where we live has a branch of Kasikorn bank, 4 motorcycle dealers, a few agricultural shops and the usual shops plus a 7/11, also there are a few buses daily to Bangkok.

There is a police post at the crossroads.

The Amphur is in the next village and they have a larger police post but they have no bank or 7/11.

Sorry,I'm not long in Thailand,only two years,married wiht a thai national,livng,up to now in a rented home,have a bright yellow Tabien Ban,in my name,as I'm paying the rent,water,garbage etc. bills,don't have,of course,PR.

The booklet is very useful,for my Thai driver licence,the bank account,other things;difficult to obtain,time,witnesses and tea money required,but not impossible.Maybe a miracle?TiT :o

There are two types of booklet - one yellow (for foreigners) and one blue (for Thai citizens or foreigners with PR). My understanding from discussions with the officials at immigration is that only the blue book is officially a tabien baan. The yellow one is just a fancy booklet issued for statistical purposes only - ie to indicate that a foreigner lives at a particular address.