Dating In Chiangmai

Patrick123

I am arrving in Chiang Mai early next month for an extended stay of 6 months to see how I like it before commiting myself longterm.

Without stepping out of line here what is it like in Chaing Mai for a single guy. is it possible to meet nice women around the age of late 20's early mid 30's, are they receptive to going out to the movies, dinner etc? day's out sight seeing...stuff like that.

I've been out of the dating game for quite a long time, and would like to play again! So any thoughts on the subject much appreciated.

I have been to Chiang mai before but just for a few days a few years ago so never got to check much out.

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think many Thai women of that age are interested in dating a farang unless they can not get a Thai partner.The ones that do will either be looking for a sugar daddy or a husband and very few of them will want to be seen in public if they can avoid it.

This is a great place for sex with no commitments or finding a good mate if you are very lucky, but not much of a place for just "dating" for fun.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I don't think many Thai women of that age are interested in dating a farang unless they can not get a Thai partner.The ones that do will either be looking for a sugar daddy or a husband and very few of them will want to be seen in public if they can avoid it.This is a great place for sex with no commitments or findinga good mate if you are very lucky, but not much of a place for just "dating".

I think that has changed from 10-20 years ago. Now the people who have a problem with Farang and Thai are hard to find in my experience, and the experience of my Thai girlfriend and her friends. The exceptions are ones the are pretty 'universal'. Old fat guys with a young hooker, and couples whose ages are more than 30 years apart. Every place outside of Thailand I've been to would have a problem with those two things for sure. And of the many women I 've asked about why they don't have a Thai boyfriend or why they prefer Farangs, the most common reasons are because they feel farangs are less likely to have Mia nois, and they are generally 'more suitable' as husbands. None that I know of couldn't snag a thai man if they wanted.

Edited by Ajarn

Thats left me kind of confused. I'm 46 years old I could not imagine me being with a much younger woman... 30 is kind of my limit. I really dont want to be viewed as a shugar dadddy I'm not rich enough for that title.

So that leaves marrige eekkk! just got out of one of those dont know if I could contemplate another one!

Do thais get divorced? are would there be any single divorced women that would be happy to spend time doing stuff without wedding bells ringing in her ears?

I dont really want just my own company in Thailand, I know what the other options are not sure thats me now!

cheers :o

Do thais get divorced? are would there be any single divorced women that would be happy to spend time doing stuff without wedding bells ringing in her ears?

My ex-wife :o She would be happy to spend time being stuffed without wedding bells ringing in her ears.

Edited by adjan jb

Thats left me kind of confused. I'm 46 years old I could not imagine me being with a much younger woman... 30 is kind of my limit. I really dont want to be viewed as a shugar dadddy I'm not rich enough for that title.

So that leaves marrige eekkk! just got out of one of those dont know if I could contemplate another one!

I dont really want just my own company in Thailand, I know what the other options are not sure thats me now!

Yes, Thais get divorced, but rarely without kids, so remarriage is important to them, as well as most any Thai women I have ever met...

I am arrving in Chiang Mai early next month for an extended stay of 6 months to see how I like it before commiting myself longterm.

Without stepping out of line here what is it like in Chaing Mai for a single guy. is it possible to meet nice women around the age of late 20's early mid 30's, are they receptive to going out to the movies, dinner etc? day's out sight seeing...stuff like that.

I've been out of the dating game for quite a long time, and would like to play again! So any thoughts on the subject much appreciated.

I have been to Chiang mai before but just for a few days a few years ago so never got to check much out.

Thanks

yes, of course " nice women around the age of late 20's early mid 30's" are receptive to dating" :D

as with all women, you have to learn how to approach them. (it took me 3 months to learn and have been dating quite a bit). thai women are like across between wild birds and cats, very curious and very ready to take flight, so take it nice and slow :o

then you need to learn how to keep them interested, while inspiring them to be interesting... hehe work of a lifetime for me i suppose... hehe

read:

Thailand Fever - Chris Pirazzi, Vitida Vasant

Private Dancer - Stephen Leather

Even Thai Girls Cry - H. Gump

Heart Talk - Christopher Moore

the rest is up to you, speaking a bit of thai, a sense of humor and confidence help a lot .

oh and never forget, CM is a small town, gossip flies faster than the speed of light...

chok diii

I can understand that. I spent some time in the Philippines and I found it easy to have casual friends there, but i guess its a completely diffrent culture.

Yes, Thais get divorced, but rarely without kids, so remarriage is important to them, as well as most any Thai women I have ever met...

Thanks

yes, of course " nice women around the age of late 20's early mid 30's" are receptive to dating" :D

as with all women, you have to learn how to approach them. (it took me 3 months to learn and have been dating quite a bit). thai women are like across between wild birds and cats, very curious and very ready to take flight, so take it nice and slow :o

then you need to learn how to keep them interested, while inspiring them to be interesting... hehe work of a lifetime for me i suppose... hehe

read:

Thailand Fever - Chris Pirazzi, Vitida Vasant

Private Dancer - Stephen Leather

Even Thai Girls Cry - H. Gump

Heart Talk - Christopher Moore

the rest is up to you, speaking a bit of thai, a sense of humor and confidence help a lot .

oh and never forget, CM is a small town, gossip flies faster than the speed of light...

chok diii

Thanks for that brief insight into the mind of Thai women, sounds like I have my work cut out.

My ex-wife :o She would be happy to spend time being stuffed without wedding bells ringing in her ears.

Somehow entirely appropriate, adjan jb, that you should be such a master of the double entendre. :D

I can understand that. I spent some time in the Philippines and I found it easy to have casual friends there, but i guess its a completely diffrent culture.

I think that if Thai women could communicate In English as readily as a Filipino, casual relationships would be more common here

Patrick,

Thai ladies love big ones,i cant get rid of them,they are all asking for my big one and it gets a bit tedious to be honest.

That rules me out then :o

cheers :D

I think that if Thai women could communicate In English as readily as a Filipino, casual relationships would be more common here

I will happily offer free English lessons to any potential date!

I will happily offer free English lessons to any potential date!

Let me rephrase that: I will happily offer free oral sex to any potential date!

That said, if you're looking for a date. You won't find many on TV. You'd better log/go out and get a life. :o

Patrick,

Also do not give your mobile number to thai girl,you will regret it,especially if 5 thai girls have your number as well.big trouble of jealousy,and you never get rid of them.

In that case, just change the SIM card.

What is the date today?

So many accept your offer that you cannot keep them straight?

Yep. I have to give so many "English lessons" that I might need a subcontractor. If interested just bring your mother tongue.

thai women are like across between wild birds and cats, very curious and very ready to take flight, so take it nice and slow :o

Hehe, very well put rafaelo! Couldn't agree with you more. :D

Well, this is a most artful, and philosophic opining on a problematic subject. Let's keep the ship on an even keel, Ladies and Gentlemen.... :D

BTW, IMHO Thai women most decidedly do not like "big" men....I meant that as a double entendre, of course. Not that I would know about that.

They do like sincere, genuine, kind and loving men, just like women EVERYWHERE do.

Helps if you have at least a mil in the bank, too. :o

Thanks

depends if you look like the elephant man or not.