Reasonable Apartment In City Center

robster125

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and to Chiang Mai in general. I arrived early this morning, and am wondering where is a decent spot to start checking out furnished studios, or 1-br apartments close to the main city, night market, near the moat etc... I am not sure what budget I will be looking at, but something under 6K (including paying for utilities and internet). Also, where are some good places to go out and meet other people living and working in Chiang Mai (who are around my age [20's])?

One more question... is it cheaper to take tuk-tuks and songtauw's around, or rent a moto for a month...

Oh, and is there some sort of designated paths certain sontauws take? set routes?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out!

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and to Chiang Mai in general. I arrived early this morning, and am wondering where is a decent spot to start checking out furnished studios, or 1-br apartments close to the main city, night market, near the moat etc... I am not sure what budget I will be looking at, but something under 6K (including paying for utilities and internet). Also, where are some good places to go out and meet other people living and working in Chiang Mai (who are around my age [20's])?

One more question... is it cheaper to take tuk-tuks and songtauw's around, or rent a moto for a month...

Oh, and is there some sort of designated paths certain sontauws take? set routes?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can help me out!

Hi Robster125

I stay in a furnished apartment that is around your price range and right on the moat. I know the floor below me is free right now, PM me if you want and I'll give you more details and number to call etc. I am around your age and live and work here and the best place (in my opinion) is the reggae strip. Good crowd of youngsters who reside here. Come and meet us for a drink! What do you do here for work?

As for the tuk-tuk songthaews moto, it depends how much traveling you are going to be doing. Like if you work out of town it will be cheaper to rent a moto. Otherwise just rent one if you are going out for the day, like to the lake or whatever. Songthaew's don't really take a set route and you can get one anywhere around the Old City and a little bit out for only 20 BAHT.

Hope that helps. Welcome to CM!