Two Elderly English Men Brutally Attacked Following Road Accident

Pattaya_Fox

"My dear, not funny,realistic. I see worst then that in the street of London."

"Worse than" my dear chap - As English is obviously your second language and you are probably an immigrant I thought I should help you out - I would not want to seem as mean spirited as you make yourself out to be in your postings above.

Maybe I'm an immigrant that to write in English, but if you live in thailand maybe you are an immigrant that speak english (only). :o

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe the old boys where looking to take home a thai boy,maybe this time the choose the wrong one. :D 71-80 years old where they go at that time in the morning around pattaya.

Shame that you accuse two old age pensioners of paedophilia with no evidence of any wrongdoing and then fail to condemn a cowardly attack.

I din't accuse the old boy of been paedophile,maybe they where looking for adult boys. :o ha,ha,ha

You actually think you are funny? You are NOT. <deleted>.

My dear, not funny,realistic. I see worst then that in the street of London.

Really? And how long did you live in London for?

What kind of worm beats on an old man. I would love to meet these wimps in a dark alley one night. I hope they get what's coming to them.

Old farang man or young farang man makes no difference in the eyes of thai people. The fact that they are farang makes them guilty and and wrong in every circumstance.

Thais resent farangs, therefore when you live in a country where you are hated, it is no surprise to see incidents like this.

"Thais resent farangs, therefore when you live in a country where you are hated, it is no surprise to see incidents like this."

Not all Thai's - some will but not all.

I dare say for the majority we do not even concern them in any way.

Pattaya who needs it?

it's the other way round. Pattaya doesn't need people like you.

Well said! Pattaya needs more guys like the ones who got their butts kicked: Old, vulnerable, powerless, money in pocket. Easy marks to scam and beat up when they are angry!

Sadly, these things often escalate and it's not always understandable. In this case, it would have been better if they had 'fled the scene' after the accident instead of the incident that followed.

I've seen police stand by--maybe for their own protection--while a group beat the crap out of someone because of an accident.

Hope the two guys get over their injuries.

Maybe the old boys where looking to take home a thai boy,maybe this time the choose the wrong one. :D 71-80 years old where they go at that time in the morning around pattaya.

Shame that you accuse two old age pensioners of paedophilia with no evidence of any wrongdoing and then fail to condemn a cowardly attack.

I din't accuse the old boy of been paedophile,maybe they where looking for adult boys. :o ha,ha,ha

You actually think you are funny? You are NOT. <deleted>.

My dear, not funny,realistic. I see worst then that in the street of London.

Really? And how long did you live in London for?

2 years :D

Pattaya who needs it?

Pattaya is a complete sh1t hole, littered with the dregs of society, theres no denying that... Could I live there? no... Is the occasional weekend there good fun? yes.. :o

Edited by TopDogger

Pattaya who needs it?

Pattaya is a complete sh1t hole, littered with the dregs of society, theres no denying that... Could I live there? no... Is the occasional weekend there good fun? yes.. :o

Even the dregs of society have some morals i.e. not beat up 80 yo men.

As there has been no more news is it safe to presume its case closed.

This is an absolute <deleted> disgrace! How low can these people go, it's bad enough having the usual muggings, but to attack 2 elderly men is beyond belief. With the recent events in Phuket and the ongoing attacks in Pattaya it makes you wonder just how long people will carry on visiting Thailand.

The next question is if and when they catch these attackers will justice be served. I doubt it!

Cheers, Rick

Sorry to see anyone beaten for whatever reason, but despite not knowing the facts, everyone seems to act as if elderly farangs are entitled to some free pass to act in whatever manner they please without consequences. In the responses so far people with no access to reliable information have felt free to assume all sort of things negatively about the Thais involved.

Why not, since we're speculating, assume the farang were drunk, that they caused the accident, that they became obnoxious and abusive following the initial event? Just for the sake of discussion, of course.

No, that doesn't justify beating old people and the vast majority of Thais would not resort to such a response, but "in the early hours of a Tuesday morning" on the streets of Pattaya, it's quite likely that people you encounter have been drinking and that their behavior will not be responsible or well-mannered.

I'm not as old as these two, but I can be considered an elderly farang and I would not be out running about at that time of night in Pattaya (or New York or Manchester or Sydney) nor would I want to be driving then, especially if I had been drinking. I find that I am treated respectfully, or at least reasonably, by most Thais, but I wouldn't expect to be treated nicely if I acted like an arseh__e just because I'm old. I don't know how these two were acting, but you may have noticed that Pattaya does not attract saintly souls of any age. I've encountered a whole lot of elderly farang here whose behaviour could easily provoke the most patient of sober individuals.

Kaojai

The only facts we can gather from the original story are there was an accident late at night and these 2 have had a good beating infront of a copper.

Now old people get beat up in England now and then and it makes the news, but no 80yo gets beaten up in front of a copper.

As there has been no further news on what is an extraordinary crime, which in any civilised society there would be, people are going to make presumptions. As the BiB are so corrupt and have done nothing to stop this attack, people are going to presume they are looking after their own.

I have a lesson teaching Thai adults that includes the question, "Would you like to live abroad/in Europe/in Australia etc and if so, why?"

A common answer is, "Yes, because it is civilised." For years I have corrected the students' answer to "because it is a developed country."

This case actually shows that I was wrong and they were right all along. This is an uncivilised country. The police are beating up pensioners with impunity.

I have to say that it does not matter what the 2 old men were doing at that time of day its a free country. But when a off duty high ranking policeman does nothing to prevent them from a vicious beating is in itself a crime. There is no reason on earth why anyone should beat up any 71 or 80 year old man Thai or Farang. I find this story a disgrace to the Thai people who did this and the Pattaya police force. I do hope that these poor old frail defenseless old men recover from this. All the members of TV should just think for 1 min if this was your father or grandfather how would you feel now. I do hope this a one off incident as I for one would hope that the Thai people still respect the old people in this country if not then it will be a very sad day for Thailand.

Regards

Scotsman

That's the trouble with the cops here. As a previous poster said, no one will ever get beaten up in front of a cop in the UK. MY Mrs & I were walking in Leicester Square in London a couple of months ago and she saw some cops and was worried that she wasn't carrying her passport, I told her that they would never approach her unless she needed help or had done something wrong. She was very surprised when I told her she could go to a policeman any time she had trouble in UK and she would be looked after. Shortly afterwards she had her picture taken with one at the palace which she proudly shows her friends. The police here, well, slightly different story eh?

Surely time for the British Ambassador to step in.

You've got to be joking. He couldn't give a fig . If any of these western countries ambassadors cared, these kinds of things would almost never happen.

I'd say it's not entirely impossible that the English guys might have said something rude. Have seen it happen to much younger folks, both locals and foreigners.

Say something you know you shouldn't and the next thing you know, you're beaten unconscious with your shorts pulled down.

:D

Well if they did Mr Heng, that would make beating them unconcious whilst a Senior Policeman was present, completely acceptable then..

Absolutely unreal... :o

They were 71 & 80 <deleted> !!!!

I have to say that it does not matter what the 2 old men were doing at that time of day its a free country. But when a off duty high ranking policeman does nothing to prevent them from a vicious beating is in itself a crime. There is no reason on earth why anyone should beat up any 71 or 80 year old man Thai or Farang. I find this story a disgrace to the Thai people who did this and the Pattaya police force. I do hope that these poor old frail defenseless old men recover from this. All the members of TV should just think for 1 min if this was your father or grandfather how would you feel now. I do hope this a one off incident as I for one would hope that the Thai people still respect the old people in this country if not then it will be a very sad day for Thailand.

Regards

Scotsman

Well said and I fully agree. Beating up two elderly men of 71 and 80 years old is a disgrace and the ones who did that are cowards...COWARDS ! :o:D

Anyone who disagrees should think of the situation that YOU try to beat up an elderly Thai man....the Father or Grandfather of someone....

Just try to beat up a 71 or 80 year old Thai and see what happens... :D

LaoPo

No press follow-up, no police follow-up, probably nowt in the British press. Just more unfortunates permanently damaged in Thailand, I'm sorry to say.

Watch your step. The edge of the cliff is never far away in the Land of [fake] Smiles.

i know the two gentelmen involved,the older accidentally touched another pickup,very minor damage and the other driver not around, they drove off. immediatly they were chased and words were exchanged between the two drivers wherupon the older british driver was pulled from the cab and beaten unconsious,the passanger who had not said a word was also assaulted and needed six stiches. no police follow up and as for the statement that the guys were uncooperative ,its difficult to cooperate while unconcious.

the brave young thais ran away.

both old guys are now ok.

Edited by thaimate