Samui Tv Job?

Hellooooo....

Im new here. Just registered today. I was in Samui for a month and bumping around Thailand for 2 months. My first time. My brother visits Thailand almost twice a year for 3 months. So he's a vet.

So...... i was wondering... is this island in need of some edgy videographers, and editors (with own equipment)? I wanted to approach Samui Tv but never got around to it. Please i know... I'm living with the fact that i didn't look into it when i was there.

I have a handful of friends who live on Samui; Farang/ Thai and they keep busting our nuts to move to samui and get a job in the video/ entertainment industry or start our own company here. Conversation kept changing topics and now that im back in the 'land of zombies' I'm considering the idea. I remember Samui Tv and the promotion videos that they had going on around the island. Today i was on they're website and checked out all the videos. Pretty interesting but i don't want to be rude or a jackass or even step on any toes but i'd like get a foot in the door inside the video industry on Samui.

So... i really didn't want to hear it from my friends who are telling me that this island is in need of videographers/ editors just cause its something i want to hear. I'd rather hear it from a majority of people.

Is this some a place in need of editors... and does anyone know a contact at Samui Tv that could be of assistance in possibly getting a job.

I have 5 years exp. doing editing and my brother 7 years doing film/ video.

Thanks.

Judging by Samui TV, I would have thought all their editing is done in house by their production teams on final cut. Not sure what the situation is with visas for editors / directors so you would have to check the Thai consulate office to see if you are employable - may be that you can only be a video teacher, but I am not sure. I did meet one editor in BKK once and he was earning quite a bit so it must be possible - though I have no idea what his legal status is. I would say BKK is a much better bet for you - Samui is just too small, but then you will come up against the language barrier.

The best way I could think to do it (and as an ex-post house bookings manager I have thought of it before) is trying to persuade people from the UK or similar to employ you to film / edit for them in Samui - good excuse for a holiday then! Know someone who did that in Greece but wasn't immensly successful.

Good luck!