Doi Inthanon

waveydavey

Hi, the girlfriends mother is visiting from BKK later this week :o and we were planning a trip to Doi Inthanon. I now realise Thursday and Friday are holidays. Has anyone got experience of visiting during a holiday and if so is it likely to be excessively busy, enough to ruin the trip (even more than having the mother with us that is) ? We were planning on renting a car to drive there.

Hi, the girlfriends mother is visiting from BKK later this week :o and we were planning a trip to Doi Inthanon. I now realise Thursday and Friday are holidays. Has anyone got experience of visiting during a holiday and if so is it likely to be excessively busy, enough to ruin the trip (even more than having the mother with us that is) ? We were planning on renting a car to drive there.

Bound to be very busy beings as they're Buddha-related days and two of the country's most high-profile stupas are up there. Rent the car anyway and have mother drive there herself... problems solved :D

Bound to be very busy beings as they're Buddha-related days and two of the country's most high-profile stupas are up there.

THey're not high profile religious stupas. They're in honor of the HM the King and Queen. So high profile in that sense, but not in a sense that it's a prime place to visit on religious holidays. (Unlike Doi Suthep temple, etc.)

Yes there will be more people, but there will be more people at any other places you might visit as well.

With gas prices this high though, I'm willing to bet it's less people driving up from BKK than in past years.

Bound to be very busy beings as they're Buddha-related days and two of the country's most high-profile stupas are up there.

THey're not high profile religious stupas. They're in honor of the HM the King and Queen. So high profile in that sense, but not in a sense that it's a prime place to visit on religious holidays. (Unlike Doi Suthep temple, etc.)

Yes there will be more people, but there will be more people at any other places you might visit as well.

With gas prices this high though, I'm willing to bet it's less people driving up from BKK than in past years.

:o

I didn't say they were 'religious' stupas Mr pedantic. They are indeed in honour of the King and Queen and also loaded up with Buddha imagery. Hi-profile stupas, highest mountain in Thailand, Buddhist holiday = very busy, even if fuel were at 100 baht a litre :D

I've had some good news and some bad.

The good news is I managed to convince her it wasn't a good idea to go this week so we're going next week instead :D

The bad news is she only agreed to this as the mother has decided to stay for longer than first planned :D

:D

The good news is I managed to convince her it wasn't a good idea to go this week so we're going next week instead :D

The bad news is she only agreed to this as the mother has decided to stay for longer than first planned :o

เส้นผมบังภูเขา

• Transliteration: Senn pom bang puu khao
  • Literal: A hair hides a mountain.
  • Meaning 1: Sometimes the problem is not as big as you think it is.
  • Meaning 2: You can't see something clearly even when it's huge and right in front of you, because of that little something that obscures it.

or

เข็นครกขึ้นภูเขา

• Transliteration: Khen krok kheun phu kao
  • Literal: Push the stone to the top of the mountain.
  • Meaning: To perform a Herculean task.

?

Good luck !