Hotmail (now 250mb)

Cheeky Farang

guess what - u now HAVE to upgrade to hotmail plus if you want to be able to access ur hotmail a/c in outlook or outlook express...wot a bind... :o

My hotmail account(s) were upgraded to 250mb about 4 weeks ago, and I'm still using Outlook Express with no problems. Nothing in the notice of upgrade which I received, mentions anything about no access when using Outlook or OE.

lemon - where did you see/read that?

:D

guess what - u now HAVE to upgrade to hotmail plus if you want to be able to access ur hotmail a/c in outlook or outlook express...wot a bind... :o

My hotmail account(s) were upgraded to 250mb about 4 weeks ago, and I'm still using Outlook Express with no problems. Nothing in the notice of upgrade which I received, mentions anything about no access when using Outlook or OE.

lemon - where did you see/read that?

:D

<deleted>

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF6) : 'The server responded 'Access to Hotmail via Outlook and Outlook Express now requires a subscription. Please sign up at http://upgrade.msn.com'. '

PCWorld has an article about the upcoming "charge" to access hotmail via outlook...

PCWorld

So far "gmail" by google doesn't charge, but it is still in "beta". In Thailand, accessing gmail seems to be a lot faster for me than accessing Hotmail.

I just checked my hotmail. It is still 2MB.

May be I am not that lucky one.

------------------------------------

This forum looks great.

Keep checking your account(s).

MS expects to have all current accounts raised to 250mb by end of November. Newly established accounts will initally be at the old 2mb limit, but increased to 250mb about 30 days after first startup.