13 Year Old Motorbike Driver Killed Following Collision With Truck.

Boater

At 11.30 on Wednesday Morning, Police Lieutenant Colonel Jackgarin from Banglamung Police Station was called to a road in Huoy Yai Municipality to investigate a fatal road accident. At the scene, the officer inspected the body of Khun Wattana aged only 13. He was slumped over his mangled motorbike and was pronounced dead at the scene following a fatal head trauma. He is known to be a student at the Sattahip Witayacom School and was returning home following the completion of a 2 hour examination. According to witnesses, a 10 wheel truck was turning off the main road but failed to spot the motorbike on his inside. The boy was crushed by a rear wheel of the truck after he was knocked off his bike. The truck driver decided not to stop at the scene of the crash and is now being sought by Police.

http://www.pattayaone.net/news_24_09_51.html

Quote :Will they never learn...?

Sometimes due to family working and school location, if a teenager wants education motorbike is there only choice !!

I do not agree with kids on bikes but I understand the want for schooling.

It would be better if at least crash helmets were enforced and a fine passed on to the parents.

very sad loss of life.

It's one thing to use scooters to get to school and as an unavoidable cheap form of transport, but it's another to drive four to a machine, with the one on the front and the back using mobile phones, and the second one in steering, as I saw today. Thankfully they were actually going with the traffic instead of against it which is often the case. People in responsible country's pay money to see folk do things on motor bikes that don't raise a second glance on the roads of Thailand. I will never ever understand the parents lack of concern or responsibility for the safety of their children here in Thailand. I don't know how westerners with children here cope to be honest.