Police Fire Tear Gas At Protesters In Front Of Parliament

george

17:08-17:11 random shootings(blasts) are heard!!

Thanks for the updates, but i think we get the message now - dont think we need a update every 3 minutes :o

Ok man, I'll stop...

Actually, Thunder, some of us would encourage you to keep going - it's the only source of information we can get at present. Keep up the good work

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chai flees to Vimarnmek Mansion

BANGKOK: -- Parliament President Chai Chidchob fled from Parliament to Vimarnmek Mansion at 4:42 pm.

He climbed over the fence of Parliament's into the mansion's compound.

About 200 senators and MPs also fled across the fence to hide inside the mansion for fear that the protesters would storm in to the Parliament.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

Chai flees to Vimarnmek Mansion

BANGKOK: -- Parliament President Chai Chidchob fled from Parliament to Vimarnmek Mansion at 4:42 pm.

He climbed over the fence of Parliament's into the mansion's compound.

About 200 senators and MPs also fled across the fence to hide inside the mansion for fear that the protesters would storm in to the Parliament.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

The "Lawmakers", they haven't done anything wrong, have they, what are they afraid of? :o

Or are they simply reenacting the "flight of the Ex-Prime minister"?

Channel 3 reporting that the PAD are preparing themselves against further tear gas attacks with masks and scarves. I guess that won't help much if your legs are blown off or your car blows up!

Now reporting that some PAD members are carrying rods and sticks to protect themselves .... or for fishing?

Edited by Sunderland

17:17 heavy shootings(blasts) are heard again!!!

Is it a squeaky blast, a booming blast or a whizzing blast?

You must have perforated ear drums by now!! :o

Hey Sunderland, I just want to inform people what is going on and I think it's not funny, people are getting hurt by each blast, and from 16:00 to 17:29 the fighting hasn't stopped. And thinking that in the morning the shootings lasted only 5 minutes resulting in 80 injured people. Have a guess what are the consequences right now?

Actually, Thunder, some of us would encourage you to keep going - it's the only source of information we can get at present. Keep up the good work

Agree.

Appreciate Hammered's contributions, too.

Agree every info is appreciated....

There are some reports of police stopping ambulances at parliament and one of them shooting out the tyres. I dont know how reliable this is but it doesnt sound good.

Where are the peaceful and helpful PAD DEMONSTRATORS to INFLATE the tyres again ..................

Hey Sunderland, I just want to inform people what is going on and I think it's not funny, people are getting hurt by each blast, and from 16:00 to 17:29 the fighting hasn't stopped. And thinking that in the morning the shootings lasted only 5 minutes resulting in 80 injured people. Have a guess what are the consequences right now?

Fair comment. Not a criticism of your updates. I apologise. Where are you exactly? Close to Suan Dusit?

Wongsawat speaking on NBT now ... looks way out of his depth. He won't even last as long as Samak did. Lamb to the slaughter. Out before the end of the month. He'll soon wish he hadn't bothered filling the position. Rightly or wrongly, he was never likely to last long with his strong links to Thaksin.

Edited by Sunderland

How the hel_l can they deny access by ambulances. WRONG WRONG WRONG

your getting as wound up and emotional as those PAD <deleted> that just blew themselves up in there car, obviously premeditated.

and to hammered: what did they expect, are they not calling themselves an Army? Don't play the sypathy vote, it's wasting my time and that of Thai's that see things the way I do. Go police, clear the streets and gov house.

Keeping the elected PARLIAMENT HOSTAGE is equal to peaceful demonstration?

Fair comment. Not a criticism of your updates. I apologise. Where are you exactly? Close to Suan Dusit?

I live in Dusit, not far from the setting and I can hear each blast and I can see smoke if something burns. Just want to inform people who are far from the setting and want updated news.

I live in Dusit, not far from the setting and I can hear each blast and I can see smoke if something burns. Just want to inform people who are far from the setting and want updated news.

Cool. Hard to hear anything from here in Ladyao.

Interestingly how little has been said in the past 45 mins about the car bomb, if indeed it was a car bomb.

On the television the police have blocked the opening to one gate of parliament house so workers/MPs etc can go home. Convoy of vehicles and police minibuses have left. Tear gas fired intermittently to clear protesters from the area.

Certainly looks like the end game is being played out. The chaos suites a certain person sat in London.

Army back in control within 48 hours? If so, Thaksin will also use that as a further justification as to his supossed persecution and need for asylum.

Edited by mrtoad

Well at least Thailand made it into the Headlines of the international Media:

Tuesday 7th October, 2008

#

Thai deputy prime minister resigns

Seattle Post-Intelligencer

A Thai official says Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh has tendered his resignation to take responsibility for violent clashes outside...

#

Thai police fire tear gas against crowd

International Herald Tribune

Riot police using tear gas clashed Tuesday with several thousand protesters who barricaded Parliament while trying to block Thailand's new prime minister from delivering his first policy speech...

#

Thai police fire tear gas on protesters, 85 injured

West Australian

Police today fired tear gas on protesters massed outside parliament in the Thai capital, injuring 85 people as months of political turmoil boiled over, police and a medical official said. Nine...

#

Tear gas fired at Thai protesters

Breaking News.ie

Police fired tear gas canisters today at several thousand demonstrators trying to bar politicians from Thailand's Parliament, injuring scores of them and heating up a political crisis that has...

#

Thai police and protesters clash in Bangkok

RTE

Thai riot police have clashed with protesters in the capital, injuring 69 people, as campaigners intensified their four-month bid to unseat the government. Some protesters were badly hurt, including...

#

Thai police tear-gas anti-government protesters

ABC Australia

Police in Thailand have fired tear-gas at thousands of anti-government demonstrators who have surrounded parliament in Bangkok. An unconfirmed report says three people have been injured. As light...

#

Thai police break up siege of parliament by anti-govt protesters

New Kerala

Bangkok, : Police broke up an overnight siege of Thai parliament early today lobbing tear gas shells and smoke bombs to disperse thousands of anti-government protesters determined to prevent...

#

Opposition boycotts Thai parliament debate after protests

The Standard

2 hrs 40 mins ago) Thailand's opposition Democrat party said it would boycott a key parliamentary debate after police fired tear gas in an attempt to break up protests outside the building in the...

#

Dozens injured in Thai protests

ITN

About 70 people were injured when Thai police fired several rounds of tear gas at protesters outside Bangkok's police headquarters as an anti-government protest. The protesters responded by...

#

Thai protestors cut power

iafrica.com

Protesters cut the power to Thailand's parliament building on Tuesday, after police fired tear gas in an attempt to disperse them. Emergency generators quickly kicked in after a short black-out in...

#

Thai police fire tear gas against crowd

Find Law

Riot police using tear gas clashed Tuesday with several thousand protesters who barricaded Parliament while trying to block the new prime minister from delivering his first...

#

Thai police fire tear gas at protesters

AFP

Thai police fired tear gas Tuesday to try to disperse anti-government protesters blocking parliament, injuring 116 people as months of political turmoil boiled over, police and medics...

#

85 hurt in Thai political protest

Inquirer

Police fired tear gas Tuesday on protesters massed outside parliament in the Thai capital, injuring 85 people as months of political turmoil boiled over, police and a medical official...

#

Tear gas fired at Thai protesters, injuring 65

eTaiwan News

Police fired tear gas canisters Tuesday at several thousand demonstrators trying to bar lawmakers from Parliament, injuring scores of them and heating up a political crisis that has gripped the...

#

Thai protesters rally ahead of new PM

Brunei Times

Main road blocked: Supporters of the People's Alliance for Democracy blocking the main road outside Bangkok's parliament yesterday. More than 1,000 anti-government protesters marched on Thailand's...

#

Thai police fire tear gas on protestors at Parliament

Khaleej Times

Thai riot police fired tear gas on Tuesday at thousands of supporters of the People's Alliance for Democracy who have besieged Parliament to block the government's reading of a policy...

#

Thailand deputy PM resigns amid fresh protests

West Australian

A recently appointed deputy prime minister in Thailand, Chavalit Yongchaiyudh, resigned today because of a crackdown on fresh anti-government protests. In a resignation letter seen by AFP, Chavalit...

#

Thai cabinet delivers government policy address despite protests

People's Daily

Thailand's new Cabinet on Tuesday began delivering government policy address before the Parliament in a two-chamber joint session despite that anti-government protesters continued a besiege around...

source:

What a loss of face this must be for Thailand.

A country that has never been colonialised before is now colonialised by Sondhi and his croonies.

Police crack down on protesters to prevent from storming into Parliament: PM

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Somchai Wongsawat said Tuesday evening that police cracked down on protesters to prevent them from storming into Parliament.

Somchai said police broke up the protesters in the morning after learning Monday night that a group of people would break into Parliament and would disrupt the works of Parliament.

He was speaking at a press conference at 5:35 pm.

-- The Nation 2008-10-07

Certainly looks like the end game is being played out. The chaos suites a certain person sat in London.

Army back in control within 48 hours? If so, Thaksin will also use that as a further justification as to his supossed and need for Asylum.persecution.

No that nice quiet boy Somchai has said he will not resign or disolve and will carry on with his job. Hes off to Cambodia in a few days. Lots of his parties MPs have very big business interests over there so he needs to get that all back on track.