Chefs Xp

Adelita

I've never had anything but good food, good service and accurate orders from ChefsXP... And even got an email response within the hour from their CEO one time, after sending them an email comment of praise.

But, I did get caught a bit one time similar to Sabaijai... maybe... I thought I had placed the ChefsXP order via the web... but after a few minutes...didn't get the reply email. And then I realized I hadn't clicked the last and final "confirm order" button to actually place the order... So, I just wasn't paying attention...my fault. So clicked that final button, and the food was on its way.

About Sunrise Tacos... actually, the prices are the same in the restaurant and via ChefsXP.... The latest printed menu I have from Sunrise has handwritten in pen on the front cover -- + 7% VAT. But the tax included prices aren't yet listed on individual menu items. Whereas they are included when you look on the ChefsXP web site.

I thought I had placed the ChefsXP order via the web... but after a few minutes...didn't get the reply email. And then I realized I hadn't clicked the last and final "confirm order" button to actually place the order... So, I just wasn't paying attention...my fault. So clicked that final button, and the food was on its way.

I've done that too... they have too many confirmation steps... but otherwise I love their service.

villa market has stopped me from buying wine at the restricted hours before

That's because you are a woman.

I'm a women... and Villa never refuses me. They even deliver my famous kitty litter and wine combo (an order one simply cannot do without).

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, you can order for delivery from Villa, by faxing a grocery list to them at 022598128.

They said long ago that they would put up their site for orders too,

but have not yet. Surely one of the major grocery stores will have online delivery soon.

At Emporium and Paragon you can also order anything from their stores,

but for their grocery, must send a messenger or maid to pick up the orders,

as they don't deliver from their market currently.

Yes, you can order for delivery from Villa, by faxing a grocery list to them at 022598128.

Do they have a list of products somewhere? Or do they get to chose which type of apples, etc, they deliver?

It'd be a blessing if that's the case as it usually takes 20 min to explain via phone if only a couple of items (even if my maid is ordering). That's why when I call, I keep my list simple as possible. Kitty litter and booze. The necessities of life. My cup would runneth over if I could get apples too.

At Villa, they charge the same as in-store prices.

You can tell them exactly what to select, (eg item, brand, quantity)

by just specifying it on the list you send them.

I had my maid put together a list of the grocery staples,

and I put it into a Word document, and added pictures,

which I select and fax to them.

Usually they get the items right, but it helps to be specific!

• 4 weeks later...

There is one basic difference between ChefsXp and Food By Phone. They both charge B60.00 for delivery and they both expect the restaurant to discount in the region of 20% from the in house menu price which is income for the delivery company (but not sure if the cost of food packaging comes out of this or the restaurant also pays for this on top).

The major difference is that ChefsXp charge the in house retaurant price for the dishes on their website (i.e. no additional profit for the delvery company) whereas in many instances Food BY Phone add a hefty surcharge onto the in house restaurant price on their own online menu (so this is extra income in addition to the front end 20% discount they have negotiated with the restaurant).

Therefore you are definately paying more for the same dishes from Food By Phone but cannot comment if this is offset by a better service than their competitiors.

• 1 year later...
just noticed that chefs xp has updated their website and will soon have the ordering function working for the wine connection, so you can order bottles of wine as well. this will be great for me because i always seem to go to the store at about 2:05p when there is no chance of my buying wine because of the inane restrictions. now i can just order it sent to my home.

I had a bad experience with Chefs XP recently, and did not get the food I ordered, rather I didn't get the sides meant to come with the dish. They blamed it on the restaurant, and then didn't fix it, as they said the restaurant claimed it was correct.

What a joke!!! The American staff who phoned after a good while said he needed time to investigate. I told him to forget it, as it was just a matter of side dishes. At that point the food was eaten and the meal lacked sides. If a side dish doesn't turn up, and you have a customer that's been loyal for a year - you don't ask questions.

You just sort it out. Lost me as a loyal customer for a year over not sending me a 60 THB side dish that was left off. Falls into the disappointing customer service encounter. I'll go back to Food By Phone, where despite being more expensive I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

They said long ago that they would put up their site for orders too,

but have not yet. Surely one of the major grocery stores will have online delivery soon.

At Emporium and Paragon you can also order anything from their stores,

but for their grocery, must send a messenger or maid to pick up the orders,

as they don't deliver from their market currently.

I shall inform my butler at once,i am sure he will not be impressed.