Coffee

phiah

Hello everyone,

at my last stay I was dying for a good cup of coffee at home.....staying 6 months this time I need to buy coffebeans, grinder, somekind of pot, eather espresso or stamppot? (I really don´t know the english name for this one, put the coffee in, add water, wait and then push down the handle-thing).

I´m not into coffeemachines!

Anybody can help? Please! :o

Edited by phiah

Hello everyone,

at my last stay I was dying for a good cup of coffee at home.....staying 6 months this time I need to buy coffebeans, grinder, somekind of pot, eather espresso or stamppot? (I really don´t know the english name for this one, put the coffee in, add water, wait and then push down the handle-thing).

Have you thought of one of those Nespresso machines? Coffee comes in a disposable capsule. They have a variety of machines including a small one for travelling. Coffee is the "best" and comes in multiple flavours.

Try googling "Nespresso coffee".

Hello everyone,

Hi Phiah,

What you are describing in your post is called a 'Cafetiere'. Any decent department store will have one. They come in various sizes. Another method is to make coffee in a tea-pot and use a stainer when pouring.

As for coffee; I use 'Van Nelle - Blue Mountain', ground coffee. I buy it in TOPS supermarket at 89 THB a 250 gr. pack. Makes good coffee for me.

Hope this helps.

Frm-Bkk

Hello everyone,

Hi Phiah,

What you are describing in your post is called a 'Cafetiere'. Any decent department store will have one. They come in various sizes. Another method is to make coffee in a tea-pot and use a stainer when pouring.

As for coffee; I use 'Van Nelle - Blue Mountain', ground coffee. I buy it in TOPS supermarket at 89 THB a 250 gr. pack. Makes good coffee for me.

Hope this helps.

Frm-Bkk

Hello Frm-Bkk, thanx so I´m about halfway there, as I do not know of any decent department store in the area?

I just bought one of the manual coffee makers that I think you are describing. I wanted something small enough to pack and take with me on trips because most of the hotels I stay in supply instant coffee :o and hot water in the rooms and I really like (need!) a good cup first thing in the morning or I'm dangerous.

I got it at Villa market in Hua Hin (The sponsor of this forum by the way). There are also Villa markets all over Bangkok (like Sukhumvit road Soi 33, easy to get to from the BTS skytrain). Villa also has a very good selection of quality coffees.

I just bought one of the manual coffee makers that I think you are describing. I wanted something small enough to pack and take with me on trips because most of the hotels I stay in supply instant coffee :D and hot water in the rooms and I really like (need!) a good cup first thing in the morning or I'm dangerous.

I got it at Villa market in Hua Hin (The sponsor of this forum by the way). There are also Villa markets all over Bangkok (like Sukhumvit road Soi 33, easy to get to from the BTS skytrain). Villa also has a very good selection of quality coffees.

:o:D:D  thanx, I think that does it for the pot, maybe they even have a coffeegrinding mill if I´m lucky!

Do you know of Boncafé at this location?

10/223 Soi Hua Hin 94, Petchkasem Road, Amphur Hua Hin, Prachuabkirikhan 77110

All the best

Phiah

I just bought one of the manual coffee makers that I think you are describing. I wanted something small enough to pack and take with me on trips because most of the hotels I stay in supply instant coffee :D and hot water in the rooms and I really like (need!) a good cup first thing in the morning or I'm dangerous.

:o:D:D thanx, I think that does it for the pot, maybe they even have a coffeegrinding mill if I´m lucky!

All the best

Phiah

I do think I've seen the small portable grinding machines at Villa.

And yes, I've been to Boncafe many times. I own a (very non-portable) Espresso machine that came from there and I go there for service and supplies. They are far up Soi 94, a bit out of the way, and difficult to find if you're not familiar with the area. I've never looked there for the small manual machines or grinders there but they may have them too.

:o:D:D thanx, I think that does it for the pot, maybe they even have a coffeegrinding mill if I´m lucky!

All the best

Phiah

I do think I've seen the small portable grinding machines at Villa.

And yes, I've been to Boncafe many times. I own a (very non-portable) Espresso machine that came from there and I go there for service and supplies. They are far up Soi 94, a bit out of the way, and difficult to find if you're not familiar with the area. I've never looked there for the small manual machines or grinders there but they may have them too.

thanx again you´ve been most helpful :D

• 4 weeks later...