Urgent Advice Re Passport Needed Plse

Have recently damaged my old passport - 30 day exit stamp expires 5th December - have been to embassy however new pp wont be ready till 14th December.

Should I go to the Poipet border with old passport and new one when I receive it on the 14th given I will be a few days overstay or go to immigration immediately? The old passport is wrecked and cant be used - does anyone know the correct procedure here? Will the border put another entry stamp into my new passport or should this be done at immigration?

Thanks for any advice,

jj.

What i would do is go to immigration where you are based with the receipt from the Embassy for your passport, explain the situation to them and try to obtain a 10 day extension for 1900 baht that/ll take you through to when your new passport is ready. I see no point in going to the border if your old passport is totally "wrecked". Maybe somebody else has a better idea?

You should seek the advise of your Embassy. They will probably give you a letter of introduction to immigration that can be used with old passport to obtain legal status until after your new passport arrived and can be validated.