How To Make Money In Thailand...

Datsun240Z

Offshore work, pays well. I have a little experience in this as worked with Shell in the past. But I do not want something like this anymore. ( To much long times away from home)

The Oil and Gas Business is more then just offshore work. Thailand is booming right now in the construction of oil and gas facilities, both upstream and downstream. Will be interesting to see how the next year works out...

TH

TH

And long may it carry on..wish that bl**dy oil price would be $100+ a barrel... :o

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Human psychology never ceases to amaze me. I find it remarkable that someone posts on an internet site of strangers asking (hopefully) for the holy grail which will transform their lives, and then getting shitty when he doesnt get the replies he wants.

Fascinating. Truly fascinating.

Absolutely agree.

I suspect that the poster has garnered some idea that if you bring a little money to Los it will be easy to make more. This comes from a belief that if you can buy young girls then you can do anything with money.

In reality thailand is one of the more difficult places to make money with many here simply subsidising small businesses through pensions and savings.

not happening dude. Thailand only works for the starting out and the retired. It gave me teaching experience overseas but I can't live off under $1000 a month anymore or the 50,000bt/month my experience now qualifies me. I thought I had it made when I was 20 making 25,000 baht a month. If you don't mind making under $2,000 a month which is nothing when you think of savings there are a lot of things to do. Otherwise you are in the wrong country.

Not true, Tyree.

What I think you mean is that it's hard for the type of uneducated and unskilled farang coming here to make a decent living.

I'm currently trying to hire for two roles - a marketing communications manager and a business development manager - for a large international organisation. Both roles are covering a number of offices in South East Asia. Both can be based in Bangkok.

Both attract salaries of around 150-180,000 per month, but I'm buggered if I can find anyone half decent.

Dont understand why you people come to Thailand.

What exactly do you mean by "you people"?

Are you throwing around blanket statements about foreigners living in the glorious "Land 'O Thais" amongst its ever smiling, yet diminutive inhabitants? For shame. ..

"You people" indeed...

I resemble that remark. ..

That being said a high quality printer makes a fairly accurate representation of the currency here, which could pass casual scrutiny, not that I would ever condone such behavior.

As my bankaccount resources are not endless. And I want to stay a longer while in Thailand and change my visum. What are the best options for a foreigner like me to make good money in Thailand?

I'm still looking for this breaktrough... anybody got some good tips?

I could tell you, but since you used the word "visum" which doesn't exist in the English language, I won't. :o

Hi Daty, I could show you how to make $4000 a month P/T, and up to $10,000 a month F/T but that's small change compared to what can be made out there. What you need is to come up with the NBT....that's the Next Big Thing. Pick what it is and you will make millions in a short time. And don't forget to come back 'n' let us in on it!

As my bankaccount resources are not endless. And I want to stay a longer while in Thailand and change my visum. What are the best options for a foreigner like me to make good money in Thailand?

I could tell you, but since you used the word "visum" which doesn't exist in the English language, I won't. :o

Isn't it funny, i had to ly down on the floor, and laugh about my question for 20 minutes, with pain in my kidny :D

Not true, Tyree.

What I think you mean is that it's hard for the type of uneducated and unskilled farang coming here to make a decent living.

I'm currently trying to hire for two roles - a marketing communications manager and a business development manager - for a large international organisation. Both roles are covering a number of offices in South East Asia. Both can be based in Bangkok.

Both attract salaries of around 150-180,000 per month, but I'm buggered if I can find anyone half decent.

Hey Bendix, Do those positions also provide 'housing allowance', 'car allowance', and very little travel? If so PM me as I am sure I have all the qualifications.... But on the other hand, these wages are not above what I'm making now so why should I quit my current position? By the way, who really wants to live in BKK?

.... and after this post his inbox will be bursting from pms

Not true, Tyree.

are you surprized?, why anyone would relocate half way round the world for the sort of money astounds me, unless of course you were talking about a thai national.

are you surprized?, why anyone would relocate half way round the world for the sort of money astounds me, unless of course you were talking about a thai national.

Yet they might attract a person who could compose a comprehensible sentence, unlike you Sir ! :o

Yet they might attract a person who could compose a comprehensible sentence, unlike you Sir ! :o

agree with you 100% sir, maybe you might consider submitting your cv to the mighty bender.

Find something that has been banned in your home country for being useless, unnecessary or fraudulent and import or manufacture it here as a revolutionary product. Skin whiting cream, breast enlarger cream and hair restoring products come to mind. If you can make it cheap enough and don't kill anyone you can operate for years before anyone realizes they are being ripped off.

I get a kick out of seeing buttocks falsies hanging up for sale (I'm sure there's a nicer sounding term for 'em). The drawback is; when I'm cruising around for a chick, and I get all excited for one with a fabulously protruding butt, how do I know it's for real - unless I touch it, or take it home and undress it. If it's a top quality falsie, even the touch test might fail me.

Export

Good idea for the OP. He can export himself because he does not want to work.

good chuckle on that one, thanks imaneggspurt.

I'm looking at getting some funding in place to buy a hotel in Bkk. I may just pull it off next year as my backer is seriously interested.

Try to use someone elses money :o

They're not looking for expats to relocate across the world. They see this as middle management role for possibly someone already here or an overseas educated local.

bendix,

please you are killing me, i wonder how many english teachers are updating their cvs as we speak.

middle management, i am already here, sorry i wouldnt get out of bed for that sort of money, however i dare say in these days of uncertainty some need the money more than others.

best of luck.

I'm looking at getting some funding in place to buy a hotel in Bkk. I may just pull it off next year as my backer is seriously interested.

Try to use someone elses money :o

I have been very close to doing such a thing here myself, it was also a hotel (But in Pattaya).

The amount to be invested was close to $ 1mil, and I would have had a tidy salary plus performance related bonuses, unfortunately a self serving 3rd party managed to throw a spanner in the works for me and being short of cash I had to divert my attention to full time employment.

I definately learned though that with an idea, some grey matter between the ears and a business plan then there are plenty out their with the capital who would be at least willing to have a look.

Once I am more settled (financially) then I may look towards trying to do something similar again.

• 6 months later...