Movin To Chiang M In Jan 2009

eja08

Hello,

I've been teaching English at all age levels in Taiwan for the last five years. Now, I'm ready to try the same in Chiang Mai. I vacationed there this past July and quickly fell in love with the friendly, fun-loving people. Also, the ancient wall that surrounds the old city is so cool!

Friends of mine who've stayed in the city tell me that jobs aren't as easy to find as in Taiwan. I'm known for my teaching style "letting them have fun while they're learning". It's worked fairly well me with so many schools that I've taught at. Hopefully, I can find a fulltime preschool position. If not, part time positions here and there are Ok. Any advice or suggestions would be very appreciated. (i.e. I've worked for enough school principals in TW that should be in jail. Which schools in Chiang Mai should I avoid?) :o

Thanks,

Ed

Hello Ed

You might do better asking such questions in the Ajarn.com forum as it’s a place that is specifically for teachers and teaching in Thailand. You’ll probably get a few responses here too, but you’ll surely get more valuable interaction with teachers already here and teaching from Thailand’s only real teaching portal.

Good luck

Aitch

Edited by Drew Aitch