Physical Examination At Sripat

uptheos

I know that I can get a good physical done at Sripat, but does anyone know if they do these two particular tests?

Thanks

:o

A. 2-D ECHO CARDIOGRAM WITH DOPPLER:

B. TREADMILL STRESS TEST:

Call the Special Medical Service Center at 053 946900-1

I was there today and picked up a leaflet about this subject.

4,850 "Gold" package.

No mention of treadmill...guess they don't have one.

I went there for two reasons.

One doctor I was happy with...the other I wasn't...and I wish it had been the other way round

I was going to write something similar to what PB has to say. Decent physicians order stress tests and other advanced tests (such as the new MRI test) as and when needed, as I understand it, pretty much anywhere --- except for places where they are interested in amortizing capital expenditure on equipment by using it when it isn't really called for, or alternatively invest in such equipment to create "profit centers." This in an infamous practice among some greedy physicians (as well as private hospitals) in the USA and elsewhere where physicians have private practices. There is no reason to expect such tests on a normal laundry list of physicals, whether you call them gold, silver or bronze!

Edited by Mapguy

When I went yesterday they said it would be good for me to have an MRI scan....they took my number to call me to confirm the appointment ...but have not called yet ,which surprises me as it was only a question of calling the lab.

Does anyone know if once you have an MRI scan that you have paid for does it become YOUR property?

Any idea on cost?

I had one at the Ram 3 years ago ...8,000B...probably gone up since then

Paully, my first CAT scan at Sripat cost me 3,500 baht, 18 months ago. MRI, I have no idea. Are you saying the appointment nurse suggested the MRI, rather than a doctor who had seen the results of routine tests? As Mapguy and I just said, maybe CAT and MRI scans are best left to the discretion of a supervising physician. My CAT scans were at doctor's requests.

This link from Mapguy's very informative thread about Sripat The check ups page: http://www.cmed.cmu.ac.th/container-eng/?p=34

Where is it located?

I checked the entire site but couldn't determine where is the Sripat building is located? All I saw was "13th Floor Sripat Building"

Giving instructions by landmarks and not compass directions...

If you stand at Suan Dok gate looking at the big mountain, you are facing Suthep Road, and a huge 14 story white building with the queen's blue crest on floors 11-14 is facing you. That is the Sripat building. On its first floor near the corner closest to Suan Dok Gate is the reception area, and you take the visitors' elevators (not the staff elevators) to floor 13.

This link from Mapguy's very informative thread about Sripat The check ups page: http://www.cmed.cmu.ac.th/container-eng/?p=34

Where is it located?

I checked the entire site but couldn't determine where is the Sripat building is located? All I saw was "13th Floor Sripat Building"

If you stand at Suan Dok gate looking at the big mountain, you are facing Suthep Road, and a huge 14 story white building with the queen's blue crest on floors 11-14 is facing you. That is the Sripat building. On its first floor near the corner closest to Suan Dok Gate is the reception area, and you take the visitors' elevators (not the staff elevators) to floor 13.

Thanks.

I had a sneaky suspicion it was on Suthep road when I read "Special Medical Service Center" on that website. I guess I get confused with the multiple names used to describe the medical facilities in that area, Maharaj, Suan Dok and now Sripat, so would you mind telling me the difference between the names or are they the names of the same complex?

Edited by vagabond48

Where is it located?

Thanks.

I had a sneaky suspicion it was on Suthep road when I read "Special Medical Service Center" on that website. I guess I get confused with the multiple names used to describe the medical facilities in that area, Maharaj, Suan Dok and now Sripat, so would you mind telling me the difference between the names or are they the names of the same complex?

Nah, I ain't no Thai, nor been here 22 years. I think Maharaj refers to the entire hospital complex, probably the largest in northern Thailand. I think Suan Dok is an old local name since it is outside Suan Dok gate and near the wat of the same name. I think Sripat may refer to the entire 14 or 15 story building. I have no idea what is on floors 2 through 11, nor the countless caverns and cavities in the attached buildings. I used to visit my injured student in another building. Got lost both times I tried to find physical therapy in either location. Had to have a native guide for my Wedn. morning orthopedic consults elsewhere in the amazing maze.

Paully, my first CAT scan at Sripat cost me 3,500 baht, 18 months ago. MRI, I have no idea. Are you saying the appointment nurse suggested the MRI, rather than a doctor who had seen the results of routine tests? As Mapguy and I just said, maybe CAT and MRI scans are best left to the discretion of a supervising physician. My CAT scans were at doctor's requests.

No PB , it was the Doc who suggested the MRI (24 hours now and I still have not got an appointment)

He suggested an MRI as the X-rays were inconclusive.

I am having a real problem walking more than a few hundred metres...sciatica I reckon, pain runs right down my leg into my foot.

The problem was the Doc just wanted me in and out of his office ASAP, did not really answer my questions and must have took no more than 3 minutes a time with me before and after the X-rays. :o

Now I don't want someone like that operating on me :D

However I don't mind paying for an MRI there as I am sure it will be cheaper than Bumrungrad ...which is where I intend to take it

Edited by ThaiPauly