The Bed Club

Enjibenji

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a point of interest, i went by Bed on a motorcycle taxi yesterday afternoon and the ENTIRE staff were undergoing fire safety training with the fire department.

it looked like quite a production with quite a bit of eqipment and for some exercises actual fire.

In addition to getting fire safety training they should make a few more exits. The most important item in fire safety is the safety of the building itself, although training the staff is essential as well. I hope they continue such training regularly and often. The problem with a tragedy like this is that it's soon forgotten and the likelihood is that there won't be another nightclub or similar fire for a a few years. Will Bangkok nightclubs still be ready then? Or will most places even make the effort to get ready? Knowing the climate in Bangkok and human nature, I'm sadly pessimistic. But I do believe change can happen. But how?

Has anyone been in "The Tunnel"

I went there once last year and was out within ten minutes.

There where so many people and I couldn't stop thinking about the hel_l that would happen incase of some fire.

How about organising our own "House" party.

Just a small group of likeminded people and some good music.

I used to DJ in my homecountry and always liked the smaller places better and the best were our own small house parties.

Most of the DJ's now are just crap, they do not understand how to build up the tension and tease the audience.

:o

Quite a few good nights coming up soon:

tomorrow night Theme Club at new club P35 (which is meant to be plush), Deadmau5 as you say and also Culture One at BITEC which is bound to be good. Luckily Bed isn't the only decent club in Bangkok anymore.

Quite a few good nights coming up soon:

tomorrow night Theme Club at new club P35 (which is meant to be plush), Deadmau5 as you say and also Culture One at BITEC which is bound to be good. Luckily Bed isn't the only decent club in Bangkok anymore.

it seems like they've big plans for this place

6,000 capacity when they finish the concert hall

sounds like it could be a really good venue

let us know how it is tomorrow

QUOTE (CarlBkk @ 2009-01-23 03:28:59) *

Luckily Bed isn't the only decent club in Bangkok anymore.

Decent? That's a stretch.

NEVER AGAIN!

haha- AGREED! god that place sucks. i would like to point out that it is never my idea to go there. :o

if anyone finds a decent club in BKK let us know- for now i am bowing out of the club scene here- it's boring. maybe i will start looking for art bars (see other thread) :D...

i went to bed for first time other week for B Traits - a good selection spanning the various styles and eras ofv dnb - the club was awful, everyonewas cold and no one was really dancing, i mean really dancing. The sound system was way to quiet i could hear the people next to me talking to each other.

to top it off the mc kept saying yabba dabbo doo, rocking the mike like scooby doo - oh dear

the bar staff were friendly though but i won't be in a rush to go back

the P45 CLUB is next to the job centre isn't it

Theme Club (party organisers) had an event at P35 (Phetchburi soi 35, not far from Central Chidlom) on Friday night. A small soi with a big building at the end...you'd never know it was there - that's probably the idea since it stays open to 5am. An inconspicuous neon sign on the side is all it has, but inside it's spacious. I like it. Room for dancing, good seating, but it will be hard to fill up. I can imagine it will be the new 808 where concerts and big-name DJs come, and it deserves to be. Good lasers, good drinks (180 baht) and a very clear sound system.

It's obviously foreign-owned and all barstaff and security are very friendly. Check out their group on Facebook. I'd go back when another special night is organised otherwise I think it might be too quiet.

Nice one, just found it on Facebook now, looks like a nice place. 180 baht is steep for a beer though (is it me or am I spending the same on a night out in BKk that I do in the UK now???) anyway if its got good tunes then I'll be there at some point soon. Opening until 5am sounds good I just hope it doesnt fill up with whorebags everynight :o

Nice one, just found it on Facebook now, looks like a nice place. 180 baht is steep for a beer though (is it me or am I spending the same on a night out in BKk that I do in the UK now???) anyway if its got good tunes then I'll be there at some point soon. Opening until 5am sounds good I just hope it doesnt fill up with whorebags everynight :o

Hi Dave, 180 B was for a vodka mixer, not sure about beer. No rough women in there for the party on Friday...it's not known to them yet :-)

P35 looks impressive and when they finish the project they will have three clubs on the one site and a convention facility with all up capacity of 7,000 people. The current club is the biggest with a capacity of 750 and two others with 350 capacity from memory. Lighting looks good. They play 70s,80s, and 90s on Mondays and hip-hop two or three other nights awekk in the current club.

Last week they were offering free bottles on whisky for a group of four or more via facebook alerts. Great promotion to build a following. Still waiting to find out if they are going to have trance, tribal, or hard trance.

Where is it exactly on Petch 35?

If you go in, at one end is Petchaburi rd and at the other end is the Bangkok Palace hotel.

Dont tell me its that old abandonned cinema (metro) thats in between.

Lots of transport trucks parked in that area at night. dark and unlit, not someplace I want to walk around alone at night.

Where is it exactly on Petch 35?

If you go in, at one end is Petchaburi rd and at the other end is the Bangkok Palace hotel.

Dont tell me its that old abandonned cinema (metro) thats in between.

Lots of transport trucks parked in that area at night. dark and unlit, not someplace I want to walk around alone at night.

I'd say it's about half way down the soi...you'd never know it was there until you're near it. The building looks brand new. Yes the soi looks dodgy but coming out at 4am no-one's around at all apart from people getting taxis home. It's not so dark and scary...Ramkamhaeng and Nana is worse :-)

There's a party at Koi Friday night with free minibuses to P35...so I'd imagine it to be quite busy. However, Saturday is Culture One...so people (like me) may be saving themselves for the big one!

As a round-off to the birthday event on Saturday we are planning to go to P35. Con anyone confirm the get-there-before-11pm-and-get-a-bottle-of-whisky' is still standing, that was mentioned previously in this thread?

Was there special event on Saturday? I prefer when it's not too crowded...

As a round-off to the birthday event on Saturday we are planning to go to P35. Con anyone confirm the get-there-before-11pm-and-get-a-bottle-of-whisky' is still standing, that was mentioned previously in this thread?

Was there special event on Saturday? I prefer when it's not too crowded...

The free bottle promotions are mid-week and not on prime nights - as to be expected. It's a house music night tonight (Friday) Tomorrow I don't know. Time I went and checked the place out properly. Anyone else there tonight except Hawkup?

I've been there once, wasn't worth it for me, too posy, too many girls standing like a statues, afraid to damage their make-up, showing off their diamonds....and guys look like pimps... :o

But as of hookers, Bed and Qbar are full of them, too bad for Qbar though, because otherwise it's a good club, but now I'm not going there anymore and nor my firends because of that...

Bed is full of hi-class hookers who tell you they are not, they are just there 'because many many handsome model farang here', ran into some who want 100,000 for one night.

Oh and also the bi-sexual male models from the poorest parts of south america and europe.

i understand now,these are the ladies that the bk farangs say,i didnt marry a bg or,she used to be at uni,makes me laugh that some of you didnt even know that there are freelancers in these places heheheheheheeh.CHeck your ladies again bk farangs lol.

i understand now,these are the ladies that the bk farangs say,i didnt marry a bg or,she used to be at uni,makes me laugh that some of you didnt even know that there are freelancers in these places heheheheheheeh.CHeck your ladies again bk farangs lol.

I'm going to go ahead and assume your lady is the one with education in your family... :o

P35 was a disappointment to me. It’s an 808 copy with vibes from a bunker. I’m not saying its bad but the place doesn’t offer something new to Bangkok’s nightlife. Last night the clientele was about 90% farang. A bottle of JW red is 1700 Baht and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire is 1800 Baht. Drinks are in the 180-250 price range.

The Indie Pop Night 8pm till late

1st Wednesday of each month

@ Temples Irish Bar

on Sukhumvit Soi 11, Bangkok

Live DJ Set from 9pm

Buy 1 get 2 free on Special 'Indie Rock & Roll' Cocktails between 8pm and 10pm

Happy Hour 5pm till 7.30pm

• 1 month later...
Be sure to pull up right outside the club in a brand new Mini causing as much fuss and inconvenience as possible to both the valet parking and anyone else within a half-mile radius while the whole time jabbering loudly into an iPhone about snowboarding and pretending to yourself that you're a member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

ROFL - brand new mini for 3 million baht! I used to drive a mini when i was 17 which i bought for 300 quid!

I wouldnt be seen dead in a mini LOL

Whats the big thing with minis, they are a shopping trolley with an engine, heap of junk!

Be sure to pull up right outside the club in a brand new Mini causing as much fuss and inconvenience as possible to both the valet parking and anyone else within a half-mile radius while the whole time jabbering loudly into an iPhone about snowboarding and pretending to yourself that you're a member of the Wu-Tang Clan.

ROFL - brand new mini for 3 million baht! I used to drive a mini when i was 17 which i bought for 300 quid!

I wouldnt be seen dead in a mini LOL

Whats the big thing with minis, they are a shopping trolley with an engine, heap of junk!

Erm...