Attention Eak, Your Sunglasses Are At Gecko Books

Ulysses G.

EEK is the kind lady that many people know helps save the cats at Wat Pra Pao. We try to help her by letting people drop off cat food here, so David 2 thought this would be a good place to bring her sunglasses, but I do not know how to contact her other then Thai Visa. think that she has me blocked because I keep leering at her and making inappropriate comments.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Naw, UG is just envious of the 3 trillion views on Kevin's "no free water at Red Lion" thread.

It was a masterful thread, I will admit. :D

Thank you , I'm flattered. :o The secret is to not give the name of your place, but to get someone to ask for it*. That way you're not construed as advertising according to ThaiVisas rules - I know I checked. :D

*As I said before, guys that would never ever go to a place like mine (tourist trap!!. I love that one) are now going around saying...

"I'm definitely never ever going there now." You've got to laugh haven't you?

Anyway, back to work, where did I put my whip?

OMG haha! Its rather embarrassing actually because the sunglasses are very cheap and I (oh the shame) superglued one side that broke because i liked them and couldnt find the same ones again. I realised I had left them behind a while later but decided nevermind because it was about time i stopped holding on to such a wrecked pair of sunglasses! I do need to drop by at some point anyway UG as I promised to give something regarding the Wat to you, just that I am most of my time at Mae Rim area at the moment and not easy for me to get into town. Will be off to Laos in the next couple of days too, so will be a while before i can drop by. Dont worry about holding onto them..would be different if Gucci's..ha! But if its no bother, then let them collect dust for a couple of weeks and I will drop by. Plus time to buy/sell some new books too. :D

Thanks SO much to Dave2 for the kindness!

As for the PM..I have NO idea whats wrong. Havent blocked anyone. So strange! :o ???

eek ...... Thanks SO much to Dave2 for the kindness!...... no problem ! ... and i met UG and his huge pussy ... WOW that cats huge !

UG ... Too bad most male expats are such a bunch of worthless dirtbags! .... you made that decision on a few seconds of conversation with me ? ..... bugger .... ive been sussed : )

dave2

That was certainly not directed at you. You are a gentleman and a scholar and you brought in Eek's sunglasses.

Eek has been having a little problem with finding the man of her dreams in Thailand. I just wanted her to know that this might not be the best place to look. :o

Dear Mr Gecko,

can you or anyone suggest a good book that will help me fathom whats going on at the moment re: recession/depression..

maybe an old book, maybe there is a new book out...

and please dont say "economics" for dummies. I just want a gripping yarn, not textbook... maybe a Keynes book for beginners? or are there better places to start.

do you have any books on Marx, no idea about all this (been stuck in Biology then IT for most of my life)

thanks.

lod dai mai krap?

Edited by UKWEBPRO

I have books on Marx, but I don't think that they would help you much with the current situation.

There are supposed to be many books that have predicted the current economic woes, but if you examine most of them, they got just as many things wrong as right about what would happen and belong more in the conspiracy theory section than economics.

To be honest, I don't have a great deal of interest in or patience with this kind of writing, so maybe someone who does has a suggestion? :o

sorry very vague request...

what about a great book on WWII? My father has the rise and fall of the third reich, but ive never read it.

Is there a better one, im worried that that one will be too biased re: japan, oil, etc

thanks. must pop by one of these days, just so many book there, i always get overwhelmed.

what about a great book on WWII? My father has the rise and fall of the third reich, but ive never read it.

Is there a better one, im worried that that one will be too biased re: japan, oil, etc

thanks. must pop by one of these days, just so many book there, i always get overwhelmed.

In war, every nation has a different perspective of events that unfolded. For a British perspetive you can't do much better than these IMO:

http://www.amazon.com/Second-World-War-Six...d/dp/039541685X

You should be able to find it considerably cheaper than the Amazon price.

IMHO, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich is not only a classic, but one of the best books about WW2. I have read it several times. However, bear in mind that a lot of new information came out with the fall of the Soviet Union, so you might want to read one of the better books that have been released recently to fill in some of the blanks that were filled with info from the Russian files.

If you enjoy fiction, From Here to Eternity by James Jones is great book that ends with the bombing of Pearl Harbor, but gives a lot of insights into the American military at that time. The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer is often said to be the best book on that conflict, but I was a little dissapointed when I finally read it. I much preferrred From Here to Eternity. :o

If you enjoy fiction, From Here to Eternity by James Jones is great book that ends with the bombing of Pearl Harbor, but gives a lot of insights into the American military at that time. The Naked and the Dead by Norman Mailer is often said to be the best book on that conflict, but I was a little dissapointed when I finally read it. I much preferrred From Here to Eternity. :o

Best WW II fiction I've ever read was Herman Wouk's 'The Winds of War', believe the sequel was 'War and Remembrance'. Wouk also wrote the 'Caine Mutiny'.

BTW: When eek comes back I have a couple cats that need new homes. We have taken in too many strays and am trying to cut back a little. They've had their basic round of vaccinations and are regularly treated for worms and fleas and stuff... Just had a thought, if eek is really into old and battered glasses I just ran across a pair of my son's classic paper framed 3d glasses; he's not here right now so I could throw them in as a bribe... err... a special bonus as it were...... :D

Best WW II fiction I've ever read was Herman Wouk's 'The Winds of War', believe the sequel was 'War and Remembrance'. Wouk also wrote the 'Caine Mutiny'.

I loved all three of these and also his similar books on the founding of Israel. You get a really enjoyable, easy read and a lot of history at the same time. :o

Edited by Ulysses G.