Kawasaki Er6n

12DrinkMore

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Down here in Rayong I've had people on Raiders and other little scooters try and race me on the ER6n. They are dealt with by a slight twist of the throttle, a friendly wave and a 'see ya wouldn't want to be ya' :D

Uh Oh Neverdie- that sounds like a challenge! :D

Better get you and your little Raider down to Rayong for a showdown! :)

Hope you won't be offended if I put my money on the 650... :D

Ride On!

Tony

Down here in Rayong I've had people on Raiders and other little scooters try and race me on the ER6n. They are dealt with by a slight twist of the throttle, a friendly wave and a 'see ya wouldn't want to be ya' :D

Uh Oh Neverdie- that sounds like a challenge! :D

Better get you and your little Raider down to Rayong for a showdown! :)

Hope you won't be offended if I put my money on the 650... :D

Ride On!

Tony

Wouldnt stand a chance in that situation......the names billy, not silly.

Thats why theres nothing wrong with having different rides for different jobs. In the ideal world I would have half a dozen different bikes, if money was no issue the kwaka wouldnt be part of the line up. Having said that, I still feel, even all this time later (since the er6n was released), it still appears to be the best bang for ur buck in Thailand.

Talking to the Manager Pongsak at Phuket Kwackers yesterday, who is a nice chap but has a tendency to share random information with me whether I asked the question or not, told me that the ER6n and 650R can be made white (pearl stardust white) with original parts for an additional 10,000 and 13,000 baht respectively. He wasn't entirely sure about the 650R and was checking and would call me today. He hasn't. He did have some pictures on hand of a white ER6n and seemed certain on that.

KawasakiER-6Nwhite.jpg

big_kawasaki_ER6f_2010_09.jpg

I would bet money that if he is able to order the white for the 650R, it will arrive saying "ER6f" on it, since that is what it is called in places where the white is offered.

I asked him about red, and he said he didn't think so, but would check.

53140a7a-427f-42d7-9c50-e358808967f.jpg

One would think you could get the ER6n in plasma blue as well, but I didn't ask.

2009_2.jpg

Talking to the Manager Pongsak at Phuket Kwackers yesterday, who is a nice chap but has a tendency to share random information with me whether I asked the question or not, told me that the ER6n and 650R can be made white (pearl stardust white) with original parts for an additional 10,000 and 13,000 baht respectively. He wasn't entirely sure about the 650R and was checking and would call me today. He hasn't. He did have some pictures on hand of a white ER6n and seemed certain on that.

KawasakiER-6Nwhite.jpg

big_kawasaki_ER6f_2010_09.jpg

I would bet money that if he is able to order the white for the 650R, it will arrive saying "ER6f" on it, since that is what it is called in places where the white is offered.

I asked him about red, and he said he didn't think so, but would check.

53140a7a-427f-42d7-9c50-e358808967f.jpg

One would think you could get the ER6n in plasma blue as well, but I didn't ask.

2009_2.jpg

Red is really nice scuba..... :)

I like the quality of the headers.. Been wondering how to solve that with mine..

Have had the headers off, cleaned up and painted 3 or 4 times, each time they go greyish white fast.. Used all kinds of high temp 1000 degree heat paint, yet they just dont stay black..

Red is really nice scuba..... :)

Did some checking. I cannot find the red available in the N. America or UK market this year, so it probably got dropped for 2010, which is why Ponsak isn't offering it. Theoretically you might still find the red parts available for purchase somewhere, but at that point you might as well just paint it. Be hel_l of a lot cheaper.

And I know why you like red....but technically a Ghost Rider should be white...no?

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Who pimps the wheel rims?

Looks nice.

Are you taking about the wheel stripes or the gold painted wheels?

I'm not a big fan of wheel stripes, but the gold wheels do look nice IMO. You can have your wheels stripped and painted any color you like for about 2000 Baht. PM if you'd like contact info.

Happy Trails!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

Engine balance check for all er6n/f owners.

I was in Kawasaki Pattaya the other day for yet another oil change hehe and while I was there the mechanic khun Nung just gave my bike a check over. He noticed that my tickover on the instrument rev counter was flickering "Oh no good" he said.

He went on to adjust the tickover ever so slightly (whilst sitting on the bike) with his right hand until the bars on the rev counter stopped flickering.

WOW! It is another motorbike, it rides and starts like new (well yeh I know I bought it in Sept) but it really did make a difference to the rideability of the bike. Changing gear is also a lot smoother, I think.

So if you have time, try it today and stop your revs flickering on tickover by very very slowly twisting the tickover screw.

Khun Nung did STRESS that when/if you do mess with the tickover screw too much it plays havoc with a few more things. Millimetre twisting is the key!

So, hope this tip helps fellow er6 riders, I would never have noticed without his input.

Thanks again to Kawasaki.

I have attached pics for you all.

Keep those good times rolling.

NormanW.

post-52293-1269656039_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1269656057_thumb.jpg

Looks nice.

I'm not a big fan of wheel stripes, but the gold wheels do look nice IMO. You can have your wheels stripped and painted any color you like for about 2000 Baht. PM if you'd like contact info.

Happy Trails!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

I like rim tape..

My machine (still not 'finish painted') looked plain but rim tape really set it off..

Looks nice.

Happy Trails!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

I like rim tape..

My machine (still not 'finish painted') looked plain but rim tape really set it off..

Also reflective at night!

• 2 weeks later...
This is the oil I use.

Are ya still changing your oil every other day? :D

That's gotta get pricey after a while! :D

Ride On!

Tony

How yer doing Tony?

Yeh I think I've changed it about 5 times now. I've done 10k kms now but I must admit I am finding it too hot to ride at the mo. :)

The oil is currently on offer at 842 Baht for 4 litres at Mobil petrol stations along the Sukhumvit road here in Pattaya.

I also have to say that, since I have cured the bouncing revs at idle my clutchless gear changes are seamless! Fantastic riding! :D

Keep those good times rolling and watch out for the icy cold water over Songkran. :D

I'm not going out in Pattaya from the 15th - 19th April. (Staying in watch er6 videos on YouTube). :D

Tony or any one, do you know if/where to buy slime green inserts where the grab handles used to be?

I would like to buy and then drill holes for the sliders I bought.

Just thought it cleans up the side view of the bike a bit.

Norm

post-52293-1271070666_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1271070690_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1271070742_thumb.jpg

post-52293-1271070761_thumb.jpg

Tony or any one, do you know if/where to buy slime green inserts where the grab handles used to be?

Norm

Hi Norm!

Yes- you can but those inserts direct from Kawasaki- I can't recall the price but believe they're only a few hundred baht. They say 650R on the and are pretty slick:

122009Ninja650BobSm.jpg

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

Norm

Hi Norm!

Yes- you can but those inserts direct from Kawasaki- I can't recall the price but believe they're only a few hundred baht. They say 650R on the and are pretty slick:

122009Ninja650BobSm.jpg

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

Cheers Tony, you're a star!

Going to go for the tail tidy soon as well.

Which one would you recommend? I like your clear one you have/had?

Well done one the GSXR by the way.

Secret Soi here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Trying to keep the good times rolling but falangs with boozka water cannons keep trying to shoot me down!!

This is the oil I use.

I don't think that this oil meets the JASO MA specification, ie contains no friction modifiers for use in wet clutch motorcycles.

I didn't quite understand all that about bouncing revs at idle. As the read out from the instrument panel is in "bars" I image that your idle speed was on the border between two "bars" and all he did was to increase/decrease the idling revs until a steady bar was shown. I doubt whether this would have any effect on non-clutch gear changes.

Now if you changed to the above oil at the same time, then I could wonder whether the clutch was actually slipping a wee bit making the gear changes seem smoother....

But just idle speculation...

This is the oil I use.

I didn't quite understand all that about bouncing revs at idle. As the read out from the instrument panel is in "bars" I image that your idle speed was on the border between two "bars" and all he did was to increase/decrease the idling revs until a steady bar was shown. I doubt whether this would have any effect on non-clutch gear changes.

Correct, one of the bars on tick over was flickering therefore indicating a rough tickover. Once he did what you said and slightly adjusted the tickover everything fell into place as it were.

It really is a different bike, a lot easier to ride now, maybe it could be because it has 10k kms on the clock now?

Happy Songkran.

Correct, one of the bars on tick over was flickering therefore indicating a rough tickover.

Not necessarily. The bars are spaced at 250 rpm. So if your engine was idling at around 1250 rpm then it is quite likely that the sixth bar, indication between 1250 and 1500 rpm would flicker on and off. By moving the screw to adjust the idling speed away from the threshold to say 1300, then the bar would remain solid. The recommended range for idling is 1250 to 1350. I cannot imagine how a slight adjustment of the idle speed would affect the smoothness of gear changes.

The idling speed is basically the no load rpm speed, except for ancillaries such as lights. If you switch on the main beam then expect the revs to drop. High performance high revving engines often have a rough idle anyway. Often they are adjusted for a significantly higher than normal idle speed.

Once he did what you said and slightly adjusted the tickover everything fell into place as it were.

It really is a different bike, a lot easier to ride now, maybe it could be because it has 10k kms on the clock now?

Happy Songkran.

Maybe you are just getting better at riding it? :):D

Wish I could find a way of reducing the "CLUNK" putting the bike into first gear.

And a happy new Thai year to you too.

Edited by 12DrinkMore

Correct, one of the bars on tick over was flickering therefore indicating a rough tickover.

Not necessarily. The bars are spaced at 250 rpm. So if your engine was idling at around 1250 rpm then it is quite likely that the sixth bar, indication between 1250 and 1500 rpm would flicker on and off. By moving the screw to adjust the idling speed away from the threshold to say 1300, then the bar would remain solid. The recommended range for idling is 1250 to 1350. I cannot imagine how a slight adjustment of the idle speed would affect the smoothness of gear changes.

The idling speed is basically the no load rpm speed, except for ancillaries such as lights. If you switch on the main beam then expect the revs to drop. High performance high revving engines often have a rough idle anyway. Often they are adjusted for a significantly higher than normal idle speed.

Once he did what you said and slightly adjusted the tickover everything fell into place as it were.

Happy Songkran.

Maybe you are just getting better at riding it? :):D

Wish I could find a way of reducing the "CLUNK" putting the bike into first gear.

And a happy new Thai year to you too.

Thanks 12drinkmore.

I hated clunking it into 1st so now I start in 1st gear so no clunk, anytime I am waiting for the lights I just switch off and start again about 10 seconds from green.

I would rather replace a clutch than a few cogs in the gearbox.

Drove to Bang na this morning from Pattaya without getting splashed with water (only a rain storm). Siracha dry, Bang Sean very wet as was Chonburi.

I went the old way, the way I used to come from the old airport before the expressway was built.

Brought back a few memories with all those traffic lights.

Stay dry.

Norm