Anyone Know A Good Bike Mechanic?

Maccheroncini

Where do you usually go get a bike fixed (I have a mountain bike).  

Thankyou.

what is the problem with the bike?

Thankyou every one finally found a link with shops list!

http://www.chiangmaicycling.org/bicycleshops.html

I only need someone to maintain the bike for me, like changing parts etc.  I tried a place run by two old ladies and one older guy some years ago...  

Edited by Maccheroncini

Have found Jacky indifferent and less than accommodating even when bikes are under full warranty :D

Top Gear (Tom) is good for a service down Chiang Moi road... just don't let him sell you a GPS in the process.

Chaitawat in the old town is also good but generally busier than Tom.

Did I mention Jacky? :o

"Top Gear (Tom) is good for a service down Chiang Moi road... just don't let him sell you a GPS in the process."

Why not? GPS made my life so much easier, not only but specially in Thailand. Since I have my GARMIN Nuvi with a complete and very satisfying Thai map (in English) I find the most hidden corner anywhere, even in Bangkok, without losing my way. Year by year the friendly GARMIN dealer gives me a call when an update is available.

Tom often comes to the GPS topic simply because he is a captured fan of this useful technology (as I am). Can't be too bad to be informed about what modern GPS units offer.

Brgds

rebo

"Top Gear (Tom) is good for a service down Chiang Moi road... just don't let him sell you a GPS in the process."

Why not? GPS made my life so much easier, not only but specially in Thailand. Since I have my GARMIN Nuvi with a complete and very satisfying Thai map (in English) I find the most hidden corner anywhere, even in Bangkok, without losing my way. Year by year the friendly GARMIN dealer gives me a call when an update is available.

Tom often comes to the GPS topic simply because he is a captured fan of this useful technology (as I am). Can't be too bad to be informed about what modern GPS units offer.

Brgds

rebo

I'm sure it has and they are great tools but your missing the point. When all one wants is a quick service and not to spend many thousands of baht on something, anything, one does not want, by said proprietor or wifey, it tends to irk one slightly.

Oh, and I'm sure Tom comes to the GPS topic purely for its technological facets... and nothing to do with the monetary gain involved of course. :o

But yeah, hard sell aside, Top Gear is decent enough. :D