Burapa Pattaya Bike Week 2009

RusticCharm

P.S. Agree many MC in Thailand & a shed load of Harley's in Pattaya.

It was a great event...

Sorry I did not catch up with many of you - 1 bike delayed for 2 hours..work! At least we made it.. Was great to meet up with Stefan and Nagas MC...

Reimund - recover well and thanks for the sms that same day... Hopefully we will meet up after your recovery...

Chris

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well some of us are back. Rustic & myself.

Gizmo is coming soon. Will post some pics after download.

Had a great time. The ride was awesome. 2 miles at least of 2 abreast riders.

There are a shed load of Harley's in Chon Buri province.

Ride On.

Well, they should have called the bike week chopper week I guess; Rustic and I seemed to be among the very few representing the sports bikes. Was a bit disappointed since neither I wanted to buy Harley shirts nor cowboy hats. Think we have to organize our own event.

The HST-Pirelli Open Track Day however was GREAT and compensated a lot :o

It does not matter what bike week you go to 85 % of the bikes are cruisers/ choppers, it is not only Pattaya. I ride a cruiser myself but i have nothing against sport bikes. I have a feeling sometimes when i read the bike section that some of you guys look down on us cruiser riders.

Jan.

Dotcom. who you asking?

don't you know the answer.............................. the V-Max is a muscle bike, in the same vein as muscle car. it was designed for raw straight line power to achieve the moniker of fastest bike back in the day. but of course you knew that. you was just playing :o

555. No i was asking biker bob ; who btw - I offered to go on rides with but he never answered me.

I tell you we jap bike riders felt like lepers at Burapa, 1000's of Harley's which Rustic calls Hardly Ridden.

Hi Dotcom, i would call the V-Max a power cruiser. BTW my bike is a Jap cruiser and i did not feel like a leper. I am interested in going out on rides but i dont think it would be any fun for you with me cruising 100-110. If i am wrong please pm me and we can meet for a drink.

PS. I love all bikes from Honda Waves to Harleys.

Jan.

Hi All,

A few more pics from the weekend in Pattaya-

021409BurapaSharkEnt.jpg

Pretty original entrance- gotta ride in through the shark's mouth.

Not a bike, but worthy of a pic all the same-

021409BurapaBigAir.jpg

Had fun watching the KSR kids stunting-

021409BurapaStunt.jpg

021409BurapaStunt1.jpg

021409BurapaStunt2.jpg

What's even more impressive- many of them rode their KSRs all the way down from Bangkok!

Good times at the dunk tank-

021409BurapaDunk.jpg

This Rasta bike caught my eye-

021409BurapaBike1.jpg

021409BurapaBike1Zm.jpg

Funny how now that I've been to a few bike rallies I start to notice the same bikes showing up over and over. Definitely seen these before, and still like 'em-

021409BurapaBike3.jpg

021409BurapaTrike.jpg

The bull riding for kiddies was a nice touch-

021409BurapaBull1.jpg

World's smallest quad?

021409BurapaMiniQuad.jpg

View from our suite at the Ceasar Palace Hotel-

021509CeasarPalaceView.jpg

A couple of future bikers hamming it up-

021509MirPlay2Zm.jpg

Getting ready to head out on Sunday am-

021509CeasarBikes2.jpg

021509GasVulcans.jpg

Stopped by the big Chinese temple in Bangsaen on the way back to Bangkok-

021509BikesAtTemple2Sm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony, Nong and Little Mir

Nice photos Tony...I was looking for those ER6n's - too many bikes! Here's a few more...

a collection of reprobates: (i'll give up my own face - thats me on the left - the rest can chime in on their own)

Yep - I'll own up. That's me on the right with the hat on. The only one dressed sensibly for the conditions! Hahaha.

Ok- let's change the subject and get this thread back on subject-

Here are a few pics from the Kawasaki Mityon Grand Opening which coincided with the Pattaya Burapa Bike Rally-

021409MityonTonyJim.jpg

Arriving at the event.

021409Mityon.jpg

It was pretty cool because the Kawasaki Mityon Showroom is on the same road that leads to the Burapa Rally so there were hundreds of bikes riding past the whole time.

021409Mityon1.jpg

Free drinks, food and t-shirts plus a raffle for some nice bike gear.

021409MeNongMityon.JPG

Let the Good Times Roll!

021409MityonChanTonyZm.jpg

So Tony - what is it you don't like about the VMAX ?

I've ridden a couple and the old one was all power and terrible handling. They go like stink in a straight line, but try to do any serious cornering and they get all squirrely and can't hold a line. To it's credit I understand Yamaha took the criticism to heart and that the all new VMAX handles much better than the old one.

Yeah, I've always been curious as to why the Thais associate big bikes with cowboys and indians..er..'native americans'.

Yeah always been a bit of a mystery to me too.. The whole thai scene of big bikes seems biased to the cruiser / harley / chopper / cowboy vibe. Hopeful that ducati, triumph, kwaker etc in the market might change the opinion of whats desirable.

Looks like a fun event.

Weather you like it or not, Harley's are THE BIKE for most Thais. I am still surprised by the amount of attention my HD gets when touring around the country but not so much here in Pattaya as every 5th or so farang seems to ride one. :D

On B.P. Bike Week the Yamaha stand was pretty much empty most of the time, whereas HD's was overflowing with people, and they sold many bikes too acc. to reliable source. :o

Ride safe whatever you ride

Yeah, I've always been curious as to why the Thais associate big bikes with cowboys and indians..er..'native americans'.

Yeah always been a bit of a mystery to me too.. The whole thai scene of big bikes seems biased to the cruiser / harley / chopper / cowboy vibe. Hopeful that ducati, triumph, kwaker etc in the market might change the opinion of whats desirable.

Looks like a fun event.

Weather you like it or not, Harley's are THE BIKE for most Thais. I am still surprised by the amount of attention my HD gets when touring around the country but not so much here in Pattaya as every 5th or so farang seems to ride one. :D

On B.P. Bike Week the Yamaha stand was pretty much empty most of the time, whereas HD's was overflowing with people, and they sold many bikes too acc. to reliable source. :o

Ride safe whatever you ride

yes i agree with you .the thais that are into the bike week scene put no pass on sports bikes ,its all choppers ,harleys and customised jap chops ...i saw a handfull of sports bikes at burapa and they looked really out of place there (no offence ment to sport bike riders) but thats the way it is there...they are into their harleys big time..especially customised ones..im sure there are plenty of thais into sports bikes but they are not really into the bike week scene.......the harley stand was busy all the time and the ducati and yamaha stand were empty....to see a one piece racing suit there would be like seeing a fish out of water....maybe if more sport bike riders got together and went in big numbers to bike weeks more interest might be shown..but thais are into the american dream etc. all you have to do is look around in any shopping mall and you will see every second young thai wearing a harley t shirt of some kind and these are the non bikers...so i reckon the chop,custom,springer,harley scene is stronger in thailand than any where else in the world........

Agree with Barry, Thai scene is all about choppers, customs etc....got nothing against it.

Wish we could organize sport bike event once in a while like Singaporeans do. Over there sport bikes outnumber easy riders significantly. In Malaysia sport bike clubs are all over the place too.

Guys you mihgt be missing the forrest for the trees, there is a sports bike Group in Khon Kean and Udon both. The problem I think is your not really finding a way to communicate with eachother.

I've posted there contact info on Thai Visa in the past. You can't expect it to come to you, you need to proactive if you want it.

Guys you mihgt be missing the forrest for the trees, there is a sports bike Group in Khon Kean and Udon both. The problem I think is your not really finding a way to communicate with eachother.

I've posted there contact info on Thai Visa in the past. You can't expect it to come to you, you need to proactive if you want it.

Cheers Ray,

I was quite pleasantly surprised by all the sport bikes at the Udon Thani Bike Week. The Tech21 booth must of had 30+ stunning road rockets on display. Quite impressive.

Personally I don't care what people ride. 50cc Honda Cub or 2053cc Triumph Rocket- as long as you're having a good time that is ALL that matters. Ride On and Happy Trails! :o