Day At Yamaha Dealer

Bard

Trent and myself had a great day at Yamaha dealer in Bangkok, great bikes, great service.

The service was so good they trusted Trent and me with a R-1, R-6, FZ-1 and FZ-6 for a 1/2 day test ride at a race track... Yes believe it or not they did, so we have now a 1/2 day track riding on these bikes coming up. WOW, have to buy a Yamaha just due to that.

Put in some pictures for fun. 1st myself in love with an R-1, A tour kitted FZ-1 (same for FZ-6) I do not want the tank bag but a top box at the back, Tour screen for FZ-1 and FZ-6 on a FZ-1, FZ-6 barebone, finally Trent feeling smart on an R-1.

Cheers Bard

post-60239-1231480370_thumb.jpg

post-60239-1231480387_thumb.jpg

post-60239-1231480412_thumb.jpg

post-60239-1231480434_thumb.jpg

post-60239-1231480446_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bard

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes why the heck didn't we take photos of them??? Well you had a hard on and I was having a fantasy going on for the one with the long legs :o

hey! eyes off.. i saw her first

BTW for all those interested. There has been alot of talk online about big bikes coming down in price this year. Apparently the deal is there is a 10% reduction in tax each year for the next 10% years. So for all those waiting for the big tax reduction you will only need to wait 9 years 11 months and 21 days to save money. At 300% tax i think its ridiculous personally ... but what are we to do if we want to own big bikes legally?

Edited by nakedAIR1300

I will go for a FZ-6 pretty much decided for that, would like the R-1 buuuut want to tour with the bike as well so for a combo I think it's a great nimble thing. Think Trent is unsure of FZ-1 or FZ-6 still...

I didn't like the tank on the FZ-1 at all, crap position for the knee's didn't get the feel with it at all. The FZ6 was like fitting on a glove just fitted me perfectly, if the FZ1 had the same tank as the FZ6 it would be a winner.

So it the tank that swung your decision.

I had a 600 before. Now rides 1,000cc. I can tell you it would be very hard for me to go back to 600. There is no substitute for power and torque.

Just some food for thought.

Bikes are already expensive as it. So if you can afford a litre bike get one. And keep it for a very long time. :o

Yes I will do the final decision after we run them on the track for 1/2 day. Right now the FZ6 is my favorite from the little time I sat on them, but the track day will make the decision final. Also I want a bike I can keep for a long time, so I don't want anymore changes for a good while which is why I go for a new one from the dealer. Right now I'm 75 / 25 for the FZ6 but a real test at the track could turn that upside down. Can't wait for the test day...

Trent has the details, it's the 24th Jan outside Bangkok, never driven it so it will be a crash course in bike and track but never mind it will be a ton of fun. PM Trent for the details :o

Might end up with an R-1 ;o

Another thing I dislike with the FZ1 is the ABS brakes, at least it's optional in the FZ6 and I don't want it. Know some people with the model who has problems with it all the time, eats tires on one side since the ABS only works on one side... So that would have to go if I go for it.

Which track? Which day?

Actually the dates are flexible, we told him we were going on tour so when we were done we will ring him and organise them to take the bikes out to the track for testing. between 21st - 24th Jan sometime

and yes its Nakhon chaisri track which is only small so it wont us to really open up but its better than nothing

Yes why the heck didn't we take photos of them??? Well you had a hard on and I was having a fantasy going on for the one with the long legs :o

hey! eyes off.. i saw her first

BTW for all those interested. There has been alot of talk online about big bikes coming down in price this year. Apparently the deal is there is a 10% reduction in tax each year for the next 10% years. So for all those waiting for the big tax reduction you will only need to wait 9 years 11 months and 21 days to save money. At 300% tax i think its ridiculous personally ... but what are we to do if we want to own big bikes legally?

Is that for real naked? Or someone blowing a bit of hot air? Pity they wouldnt do it over 10 months? 800k for an R1, tis alot of money. Was that R1 a 2008 model? That bike most certainly suits both of you!!! (I'm trying to help you spend here)!

Thankx for the pix & info!

oh dude.. the sound of those Yoshis are awesome. Nice fat sound...

im still not sure on what im buying. I test drove the FZ1 yesterday and didnt like the feel of the tank when riding but i think once we do a track day and open them up i will have a better idea of what i want. I also dont like the color that they come in here, theres a choice of candy apple red (YUK) or grey... nothing a paintjob cant fix so we will see

Congratulations guys!

Sure, Yamaha brings nice bikes into Thailand. And they have a very friendly and efficient service...

I just bought "MY" FZ6F last month here in CNX, and I'm in love with her! :D

Nice and easy rides in cities or on the roads here... I don't need more power or torque even with my wife as passenger! OK I've never been a killer on the roads... I just like to tour gently and have some fun from time to time (at least at my low level of game).

Back home in Europe I used to ride bigger bikes (750, 900, 1000 and up), but here I think we are not in the same conditions on the roads (I mean traffic and tarmac quality...). Well, IMHO :o

On the FZ1, I don't like the exhaust, the seat, the tail end and (same) the tank... So as I wanted a "light" tourer, I went for a FZ6F, which design I adore: the tank, the comfortable seat, the fairing and the best: the two exhaust cans under the seat!

About the tax going down (slowly: a Yamaha manager told me -6% every year...), for sure I can't wait for 10 years for riding! And then, with inflation, maybe at the end the price will be in the same range... Don't want to "lose" my time...

Just about the choice of colours :D one month ago you could choose between black or... black! But no problem: the black colour fits her very well with the black engine and black frame... What about this now in 2009?

So yes, I'm very, very, very happy (and maybe a little crazy) with "MY" FZ6F!

Have a lot of fun friends, and make your own good choice!

Cheers and wave,

Gobs

Trent and myself had a great day at Yamaha dealer in Bangkok, great bikes, great service.

[...]

Are you talking about the one on Ratchada? Went there and was also impressed with their service, especially with their mechanics who seem to be totally addicted to bikes. Wonderful!

Yes we went to Ratchada, great people there and service 2nd to none.

I have to admit the FZ6 made me fall in love with it, this year it comes in Black and Midnight blue I loved that blue color, just made my day. This is another point with the FZ-1 it comes in granite, not black not blue but granite :o I agree the canister was also not "it" ABS, poor seat for touring and that cruiser tank made me want the FZ6 way more. Mr Man told us he had cruised BKK - CM in 220 km/h leisurely on it and that will meet my requirement any day. The seat and riding position was very comfy, and with a tour screen on it I can imagine how nice ride it is on long hauls.

When I lived in Europe my favorite ride ever was the Kawasaki 750 Turbo, it had the power of a 1100 but light as a 750, the 1100's was big and powerful however the 750 could lean on them in the curves. That is why I like 600's they're very nimble and fun to ride, do twisties and also tour with in comfort. I know racer's twist in there chairs now when I say this but I like to arrive and not be knackered for days after.

oh dude.. the sound of those Yoshis are awesome. Nice fat sound...

im still not sure on what im buying. I test drove the FZ1 yesterday and didnt like the feel of the tank when riding but i think once we do a track day and open them up i will have a better idea of what i want. I also dont like the color that they come in here, theres a choice of candy apple red (YUK) or grey... nothing a paintjob cant fix so we will see

hands of my bike dude! :o

you sit on that blue beast and she'll start sending subliminal messages to you..."buy me....buy me......buy me"

We'll test out FZ-1, FZ-6, R-1 and R-6

AnthonyR1 Ohh man just sitting on it made me want to take it out the door, God help me when I try it on the track...

it's an amazing bike but i have to say....the FZ1 may be a better all-rounder. touring on my bike requires that i employ my own personal spine surgeon :D

but i'm completely in love with the R1....actually as far as superbikes go, it's probably the most comfortable. my previous bike, the ninja was hardcore on long rides, BRUTAL!

1 of each is the best situation :o an R1 and a triumph tiger

what are the FZ1's going for? you should have a look at the tiger. travelmate and i went for a brief test ride at britbikes RCA, was very impressed. gets on the power instantly and crazy braking

Edited by AnthonyR1

The FZ1 was about 580k you can haggle it down 20k more plus get free mounting kit for Givi, tour screen, engine crash bar, 1 year full insurance, full reg and GPS power and mount on it, they'll also put on an aftermarket exhaust system for you, but you need to give the can to them. You should try it out on the track mate, that will make it easier to get the feel for it. Personally I fell in love with the FZ6 just wish it had the FZ-1 engine, but then again the FZ6 does 0-100 in 3.2 sec and top speed to 250 km/h so it should really do the trick for me.