Condo

thaifever2007

first up. are you talking about buying or renting?

have a look at the prior threads in this sub-forum including the one about Hua Hin real estate agents. I posted there about a couple of agents I dealt with (good) and I am sure they would both have web sites you could look at to get an idea of prices.

townhouses are much better value than condos for renting, but of course if you are buying then you have the problem re: foreigners can't buy land. rental prices drop away as you go further from the beach.

don't commit to anything until you are i the area and have had a good look around, as the best rents (or buys) will take some searching out.

I would think it's unlikely, with the possible exception of some studio apartments. But don't flame me - we were shopping for rental places - there may be something out there in that range.

Google search for agents websites plus thaivisa classifieds and bahtsold.com. You should find plenty of comparative info to help you get a feel for the local market.

5 million for a condo. Are you kidding? Looks like we won't be moving to Hua Hin. I don't need to be around a bunch of rich snobs anyway.

It's unfortunate that you can not afford a beach front condo; I feel your pain........you're about 5 years too late.

However, just because your "wife wants to move to HH" and you don't have the money to pay market price doesn't automatically mean those who are there are "snobs"..............what a childish reaction to the truth.

Like most places in the world, Thailand has experienced a real estate bubble.

Even with the quick raise in prices, condos here are still "cheap" by most world standards............US $ 100,000 to 200,000 for a beach fronted unit.

Come look around, you might enjoy yourself.

5 million for a condo. Are you kidding? Looks like we won't be moving to Hua Hin. I don't need to be around a bunch of rich snobs anyway.

And we don't need any more cheapskates moving down here :D

There are places within your price range, maybe developements towards Ko Takiab (which some still refer to as Hua Hin). Get yourselves down and have a look.

Rich snob :o