What Do You Think About Pattaya Ladyboys?

picman

What do you think about Pattaya ladyboys?  

126 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't associate with "ladyboys",however my daughter has some as her friends,and as such i accept this is life in Thailand.Having said that,i find the farang transvestites to be a little gross,as some i saw were over six foot tall and looked absolutely ridiculous.I didn't know whether to laugh or run away in fear! :o:D

Tritexengineering, Ladyboys are not transvestites, they are transexual....there is a big difference.

I think its sad that most people think that all ladyboys are like the ones depicted in the picture because they only represent a small portion LB's in Thailand.

In answer to the OP's question, I don't think much about those ladyboys in the picture, I think they offer a poor representation of what these people are really about. Its no different to the ladies and men also in that role of employment.

<H3 class=r>Web definitions for transvestite</H3>dictblue.gif someone who adopts the dress or manner or sexual role of the opposite sex

<H3 class=r>Web definitions for transsexual</H3>dictblue.gif a person who has undergone a sex change operation

So the difference is one can afford an operation,the other cannot?

This is wrong.

A Transexual can be pre or post op. A Transexual is a person who feels and behaves as the opposite sex. They truly believe they were born with the wrong sexual organs.

A transvestite is merely a cross dresser.

PS. Sorry Neverdie, I just read, after I had posted already, that you already explained this in another post.

Edited by tropo

Somchai the lady,no thank you.horrible creatures if you ask me,avoid them as the pest.Also most of them in the picture are transvestites according to Neverdie's formulation.

No Basjke, I would say that the ladyboys depicted here are transexual, I would be guessing that they are living the life of a female, not just dressing as one.

transvestites merely dress as females, I think you will find that most if not all ladyboys are actually living life as a female, irregardless of what operation they may or may not of had.

I also think its terribly cruel to brand all ladyboys horrible creatures. There are certainly some areas within los where I would be especially carefull of them, BUT they do NOT represent the group well. Its kind of like saying all ladies are gold diggers, if you understand what i mean?

Edited by neverdie

I don't associate with "ladyboys",however my daughter has some as her friends,and as such i accept this is life in Thailand.Having said that,i find the farang transvestites to be a little gross,as some i saw were over six foot tall and looked absolutely ridiculous.I didn't know whether to laugh or run away in fear! :o:D

Tritexengineering, Ladyboys are not transvestites, they are transexual....there is a big difference.

I think its sad that most people think that all ladyboys are like the ones depicted in the picture because they only represent a small portion LB's in Thailand.

In answer to the OP's question, I don't think much about those ladyboys in the picture, I think they offer a poor representation of what these people are really about. Its no different to the ladies and men also in that role of employment.

<H3 class=r>Web definitions for transvestite</H3>dictblue.gif someone who adopts the dress or manner or sexual role of the opposite sex

<H3 class=r>Web definitions for transsexual</H3>dictblue.gif a person who has undergone a sex change operation

So the difference is one can afford an operation,the other cannot?

This is wrong.

A Transexual can be pre or post op. A Transexual is a person who feels and behaves as the opposite sex. They truly believe they were born with the wrong sexual organs.

A transvestite is merely a cross dresser.

PS. Sorry Neverdie, I just read, after I had posted already, that you already explained this in another post.

No worries tropo, YOU are correct in what you say & it is the same thing I said before in response to this.

Ladyboys/Transexuals/She-Males/Katoeys are here to stay and their numbers seem to continually increase here in Pattaya. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are not going anywhere. While I admire those that unobtrusively find their career paths and contribute as I have seen them working in restaurants and hotels and the Malibu show, I am leery of the majority due to all the negative news headlines they tend to dominate here in Fun City. I would not like Pattaya to be Ladyboy free because I feel they add a dimension and color that makes Pattaya the city it has become. I guess I wish there were certain rules of engagement where they ladyboys would not make physical advances unless welcomed. How do you vote?

post-77132-1234864002_thumb.jpg

i personally think these gender benders are great. in fact i usually treat myself to one on a sunday afternoon after church.ive had some lovely times with the different variations (with or without the meat and two veg) im a with man for my sins. one such encounter i remember laying on the bed - eyes watering - having just been pearly neclaced and my teelak strangley named Brian gazed at me and said quote " u were great" some thing i will take to my grave..... on the other hand i dont like the thieving bent gits on beach road , Brian assured me she never did anything like that obviously this being the truth cos thais dont lie do they ??

Ladyboys/Transexuals/She-Males/Katoeys are here to stay and their numbers seem to continually increase here in Pattaya. Love 'em or hate 'em, they are not going anywhere. While I admire those that unobtrusively find their career paths and contribute as I have seen them working in restaurants and hotels and the Malibu show, I am leery of the majority due to all the negative news headlines they tend to dominate here in Fun City. I would not like Pattaya to be Ladyboy free because I feel they add a dimension and color that makes Pattaya the city it has become. I guess I wish there were certain rules of engagement where they ladyboys would not make physical advances unless welcomed. How do you vote?post-77132-1234864002_thumb.jpg

I reckon the one in the front may be a normal lady.

I reckon you'd be in for a surprise :o

I find it interesting that topics about gays, ladyboys, katois, transvestites, trans-sexuals, etc, etc go on for pages and pages. Most other topics die out in less than a page. There is a topic about a gay parade in Chiang Mai that has gone on for over 11 pages and it's STILL being discussed. But, one minor thread about prostitution get deleted immediately, even though there is only a sensible discussion about it. I guess only strange sexual practises are allowed on these forums.

I find it interesting that topics about gays, ladyboys, katois, transvestites, trans-sexuals, etc, etc go on for pages and pages. Most other topics die out in less than a page. There is a topic about a gay parade in Chiang Mai that has gone on for over 11 pages and it's STILL being discussed. But, one minor thread about prostitution get deleted immediately, even though there is only a sensible discussion about it. I guess only strange sexual practises are allowed on these forums.

I find it "interesting" that you cleverly equated gay people with ladyboys. I find it "strange" that you are too polite to come right out and say that you don't like hearing about any kind of sexuality other than heterosexuality, and you can deny it, but I doubt anyone will believe you after reading your post. Discussion about the whore biz in Thailand is against forum rules, but I think you already knew that.

Edited by Jingthing

I voted Eye Sore, the majority of them are nasty and bitchy and look and sound awful.

i concur.

further, i just want to be able to walk by without being assaulted.

im amazed at the number of bars that use them as the barfront tout, when they resort to violence towards passersby just to get attention. ive been kicked and punched by them when just walking on the sidewalk past a bar. i mean, physical assault by a probable hiv+ lunatic isnt the way to drum up foot traffic business, imo.

"oh.... yeah........that muay thai on the sidewalk was a great preview to the fun to be had here, id love to stop in for a warm beer! and btw, do you have a first aid kit? oh, i seem to be bleeding. i hope i didnt get infected! oh well, thats entertainment!"

i think they are generally a menace and mostly unbalanced, disturbed and deranged. some deserve a lengthy taze in response to unseemly, boorish, and threatening behavior.

i have no problem with gays, within reason, but several times its been these out of control speed freaks with no concept of respect for others, couched in the thai gang violence thing.

container ship them all to koh larn, and torpedo the barges.

end rant.

I find it "interesting" that you cleverly equated gay people with ladyboys. I find it "strange" that you are too polite to come right out and say that you don't like hearing about any kind of sexuality other than heterosexuality, and you can deny it, but I doubt anyone will believe you after reading your post. Discussion about the whore biz in Thailand is against forum rules, but I think you already knew that.

But if we follow your reasoning Jing, anyone who says they are heterosexual must be a homophobe?

IanF lumped in gays with "ladyboys, katois, transvestites, trans-sexuals, etc" because any way you look at it, there's none of them can be remotely considered "straight" no matter how many times you see girls kissing girls and blokes kissing blokes on TV and film.

But he is wrong in claiming that other, more conventional threads die an early death. I only need to point out Jings quixotic posts on taxi-meters and his much respected and selfless Pattaya restaurant trawl, in search of culinary nirvana. These are almost legendary in their length and the foody one usually turns up some gems that we can all indulge in regardless of what team we bat for.

And absolutely spot-on regards 'mums-the-word' on TV about what all these bloody ladies and ladymen are up to.

NANLAEW: But if we follow your reasoning Jing, anyone who says they are heterosexual must be a homophobe?

If that is what you concluded from my comments, I can hardly be blamed for your bizarre thought processes.

Edited by Jingthing

Maybe I should take a closer look at these LBs. The missing link?

Maybe the heteros that like LBs sexually are just really into big clits. Are we allowed to say that?

NANLAEW: But if we follow your reasoning Jing, anyone who says they are heterosexual must be a homophobe?

If that is what you concluded from my comments, I can hardly be blamed for your bizarre thought processes.

What's so bizarre? Being not 'bent'?

OK, so hetero's AND ladyboys make you uncomfortable but why accuse someone of speaking with forked tongue Tonto?

Now, back to the important stuff.

A ) Where's the best American style breakfast pizza (non-buffet) and,

B ) What should be the typical metered taxi fare from WS to that venue?

Whatever people think of them, one has to admit that Pattaya's ladyboys are some of the best in the world. They are tourist attraction.

But there voices are so so deep, deeper than a real man's...

I don't engage them in conversation. I ride or walk past them.

I will admit that their voices are not one of their more endearing qualities but to say that their voices are deeper than (real) men's voices is untrue. Most are higher and even the ones with deeper voices normally speak in falsetto.

Whatever people think of them, one has to admit that Pattaya's ladyboys are some of the best in the world. They are tourist attraction.

Not all of the pattaya girl. I spoke with one the other day in Homepro (she was a homepro sales person) & at first I thought it was a real lady, lovely sweet voice and all, it wasnt until later it was pointed out to me, she was a ladyboy, and its not like I arrived in los yesterday. :o

Maybe I should take a closer look at these LBs. The missing link?

Maybe the heteros that like LBs sexually are just really into big clits. Are we allowed to say that?

What's so bizarre? Being not 'bent'?

OK, so hetero's AND ladyboys make you uncomfortable but why accuse someone of speaking with forked tongue Tonto?

This is pretty unusual, but I'll have to side with Jingthing on this.

IMO IanForbes' post was an attempt to disguise his disdain for gays. Even more so because his excuse to post about it was nonsense i.e. that threads like these are always lengthy compared to others.

You're doing a pretty good job in displaying your feelings towards gays too... by implying (or perhaps stating), that gay is "bizarre" and "bent". I thought we'd gone past this many years ago.

Not all of the pattaya girl. I spoke with one the other day in Homepro (she was a homepro sales person) & at first I thought it was a real lady, lovely sweet voice and all, it wasnt until later it was pointed out to me, she was a ladyboy, and its not like I arrived in los yesterday. :o

....Which begs the question. How many ladyboys get around in Pattaya whom we never suspect are ladyboys? I know some smartass will come on here and say that I'm blind or naive, but many are very hard to pick. Even my gf has a hard time telling the difference with many.

What happened to your avatar tropo, its only a "x" now?

Yes you are right, there are so many adjustments that can be done now, aparently they can have injections into the hips to get a curvier shape, the adams apple can be reduced, theres breast implants, the chop, some of them are already dainty & speak softly & theres heaps of them that have nothing to do with the business that goes on down in pattaya etc, so we probably would be surprised.

I dunno, some of them obviously go past my radar, I don't really care & one who is a friend of a friends I am certainly not convinced, I didnt want to ask for proof incase something was aimed at me, but perhaps I could of asked to see her id card :o

Most of them are harmless & its a pity that those aweful ones gather in the tourist destinations and give the rest a bad reputation.

No, that is where YOU are wrong. It is the double standard on this forum that I find amusing, not someone's CHOICE of lifestyle. I don't see much difference between buying sex outright and playing the silly games that people play to get someone else into bed. There is not much difference between marrying someone for status or financial gain and using your body as a commodity for a price. They are both financial agreements worked out between consenting adults.

I frankly couldn't care less what sort of sex someone CHOOSES, providing it isn't practised on children. That IS a perversion. I know several gay men and more than a few lesbians. I've had them as work mates and liked most of them. I can't say they are my friends because we have different interests (other than art), but I certainly treat them with respect. I truly believe that most people's sexual interests are "born" and not chosen. In other words, the person who is born gay, or a trans-sexual, doesn't really have any say in the matter. How they act after that "IS" a choice. I frankly don't like excessive sexual behaviour in public by either gays or heterosexuals.

There is not much difference between marrying someone for status or financial gain and using your body as a commodity for a price. They are both financial agreements worked out between consenting adults.

If you're referring to the marriage between a westerner and a Thai girl, then you're dead wrong.

There's no financial agreement worked out. They don't discuss how much sex or other services will be given for X amount of dollars. In fact, most of the westerners think the ladies are marrying them for love.

There is not much difference between marrying someone for status or financial gain and using your body as a commodity for a price. They are both financial agreements worked out between consenting adults.

If you're referring to the marriage between a westerner and a Thai girl, then you're dead wrong.

There's no financial agreement worked out. They don't discuss how much sex or other services will be given for X amount of dollars. In fact, most of the westerners think the ladies are marrying them for love.

I thought someone might bring up that DIRTY FOUR LETTERED WORD, sooner or later. :o . Yes its appropriate, the beautiful lovely thai lady with the fat ugly old man....she LOVES the money.