Reckless Driving Blamed For Austrian’s Death

The daughter of a famous actor in Austria and Germany recently died in a car accident in Nathon in what the police described to be a case of “reckless driving.”Austrian Susanne Neumayer Haidinger, 51, whose father, Peter Alexander, became popular in the 1950s and 1960s for his numerous roles in German musical films, died from head injury early morning of March 7 when the black Toyota Fortuner her husband was driving slammed into a tree.

Police did not say if the husband, Herbert Haidinger, was drunk. He was, however, said to be “driving fast” when he took a bad turn near the Wat Mai Srithaweep temple in Angthong subdistrict.

Police Lt. Col. Thanongsak Aksonsom said the SUV was a total wreck.

A source said the couple came from a bar in Bophut and were on their way to an upscale villa in Lipa Noi subdistrict which they had just bought.

Volunteers from the Samui Rescue Foundation who were among the first to arrived at the scene of the accident said they found Mr. Haidinger injured and in a state of shock.

“He tried to destroy our camera and did not want us to video the accident,” one rescuer said.

“It was very obvious he was drunk,” the rescuer added.

Police said Mrs. Haidinger could have died when her head hit the windshield. The sources said she was not wearing a seatbelt, although her husband was.

According to the police, the couple were doing business on Koh Samui. They were into hotels and other properties, apart from running a tour agency.

The body of Mrs. Haidinger was kept at the Koh Samui Hospital for several days before officials from the Austrian Embassy came to retrieve it. It was flown to Bangkok and then to her hometown for burial.

Police said the cause of the accident was reckless driving.

The husband has refused to talk to reporters. He reportedly rejected hospital treatment and went straight home after the incident.

http://news.samuiexpress.net/headline/423-...ians-death.html

Police said Mrs. Haidinger could have died when her head hit the windshield. The sources said she was not wearing a seatbelt, although her husband was.

The husband has refused to talk to reporters. He reportedly rejected hospital treatment and went straight home after the incident.

Another genius not wearing safety belt........

Another genius not wearing safety belt........

Not a very compassionate or constructive comment !

Whilst that is true, the comment was nevertheless right: no seatbelt and (apparently) letting her sh*t-faced hubby drive was not very smart. Darwin Award???

Whilst that is true, the comment was nevertheless right: no seatbelt and (apparently) letting her sh*t-faced hubby drive was not very smart. Darwin Award???

My original comment was a lot less compassionate. As the driver was not even ospitalized it should be clear that if you crash on a tree with no safety belt you choose to smash onto the windshield. Even a hard brake at 30km/h is enough to smash....

People like living dangerously....

I spoke to the Guy who Manages the Austrian couples Property the Sunday Afternoon after the Saturday Night/Sunday Morning when the Accident had occured..

He had been up the Hospital after getting a Call from the Hospital ( So he assumed ) telling him of the Accident..

He said that the Austrian Driver just remembered people rummaging through his pockets whilst he was unconcious & he came round to no Mobile Phone or Wallet etc & was in severe shock after the Doctor, not very compassionately for want of a better word & i quote, broke the news of his Wife's death to him..

Strange seeing as the " Hospital " gave the Guy the heads up of the Accident yet didn't recover the Wallet or Mobile ( his Card would have been in the Wallet )..

RIP the deceased.

Edited by MSingh

Herbert - Austrian - Tour Operator - Reckless driving

Is this a coincident or is this our infamous visarunner?

If this is a correct assumption, it would be of great interest to know, since it proves what many

members have already posted on this forum.

Someone must have an answer, please speak out - True or False?

Just noticed the misspelling... :o

Is Herbert married to an Austrian lady, a few years ago he lived with a Thai national lady.

Just noticed the misspelling... :o

Is Herbert married to an Austrian lady, a few years ago he lived with a Thai national lady.

He still is with a Thai Lady ( Married ) & a very nice one at that.. :D

This thread is NOT about Herbert..

He said that the Austrian Driver just remembered people rummaging through his pockets whilst he was unconcious & he came round to no Mobile Phone or Wallet etc & was in severe shock after the Doctor, not very compassionately for want of a better word & i quote, broke the news of his Wife's death to him..

Strange seeing as the " Hospital " gave the Guy the heads up of the Accident yet didn't recover the Wallet or Mobile ( his Card would have been in the Wallet )..

RIP the deceased.

This is quite common throughout the country with the so-called, emergency vehicles..(pick up trucks with lights on top) also, most have no formal emt training, certificates, etc. they're usually just a bunch of dead beat drop-outs and from my observation over the years, most of the drivers don't wear seat belts either and drive recklessly...

The daughter of a famous actor in Austria and Germany recently died in a car accident in Nathon in what the police described to be a case of "reckless driving."Austrian Susanne Neumayer Haidinger, 51, whose father, Peter Alexander, became popular in the 1950s and 1960s for his numerous roles in German musical films, died from head injury early morning of March 7 when the black Toyota Fortuner her husband was driving slammed into a tree.

Police did not say if the husband, Herbert Haidinger, was drunk. He was, however, said to be "driving fast" when he took a bad turn near the Wat Mai Srithaweep temple in Angthong subdistrict.

Police Lt. Col. Thanongsak Aksonsom said the SUV was a total wreck.

A source said the couple came from a bar in Bophut and were on their way to an upscale villa in Lipa Noi subdistrict which they had just bought.

Volunteers from the Samui Rescue Foundation who were among the first to arrived at the scene of the accident said they found Mr. Haidinger injured and in a state of shock.

"He tried to destroy our camera and did not want us to video the accident," one rescuer said.

"It was very obvious he was drunk," the rescuer added.

According to the police, the couple were doing business on Koh Samui. They were into hotels and other properties, apart from running a tour agency.

The body of Mrs. Haidinger was kept at the Koh Samui Hospital for several days before officials from the Austrian Embassy came to retrieve it. It was flown to Bangkok and then to her hometown for burial.

Police said the cause of the accident was reckless driving.

http://news.samuiexpress.net/headline/423-...ians-death.html

It's quiet sad to drive home without wearing a set belt. If the guy was drunk wasn't he killing his wife?

Herber and Susanne were a very nice couple,

we spent togethor dinners and time,for pleasure and for biz., very enjable people.

The Susanne's smile was always there and she was always happy,

Herbert was a very good driver and compare with the cars he has in

in his home town the Fortuner was just a little toy, I do not know what

exactly happened that "night", when another of their friend call me in the

morning to tell me what's happened I was simply shocked.

I'm still thinking that he may loose the control of the car for other reasons, all of us know that driving in Samui

is dangerous, it can be any animals crossing the road at any time, a mopped with no lights, some obstacles on the road

he may tried to avoid and loose the control, or anything else, or a combination of more things,

but I do not care what the reason I only know it is a tragedy.

He will spend the rest of his lives thinking about, it could happen to every one of us.

Be honest....

To him all my love and my respect,

To Susanne we will miss you a lot, RIP.

--

Since it has been reported by the rescuers that he was obviously drunk, why was he not tested for alcohol and charged accordingly with the manslaughter of his wife?

Simon

Do you think it would make any difference ? Be charge to manslaughter his wife does not help anybody in any case, so ?

As I wrote before he will spend all his life thinking about this tragedy, in his house, in jail, madhouse, do you think he cares ?

When tragedy like this occur very often a suicide could happen....

If it was me, I would prefer someone cut my head off rather then survive and think about how I killed my wife.

Please a bit of respect,

Thank you