Cheap Accountant For Us Tax Returns

Have you tried the free program at TaxAct

It is really simple question/answer and if you don't like it you have not lost anything for taking a quick check. I have used the download $10 program for the last 6 or so years and used the free before that. Never had a problem.

I'm looking for a Thailand based cheap accountant to assist in filing my returns, which are very simple. Just want to make sure I do it right. I have been quoted US$400+ from one firm. Is there anyone else doing it for less than this?

I was quoted similar prices ($300+). In my opinion this is laughable and these guys don't deserve to be in business. You can make a few phone calls overseas and get much better pricing from the U.S. My strategy is to have them do 1 return, then each year I copy the same format and do it myself.

Ive used taxact as well for the last few years and it has worked well for me, my taxes were quite involved this year and I was happy with how well it covers everything. The program will probably cover the same information that an accountant will.

• 3 months later...
I'm looking for a Thailand based cheap accountant to assist in filing my returns, which are very simple. Just want to make sure I do it right. I have been quoted US$400+ from one firm. Is there anyone else doing it for less than this?

Try www.accountantsquoteme.co.uk! Compare prices... :)