Bangkok Bars - Sukumvit

Tigerman1

(although I have no idea what a "minger" is).

A minger is a member of the opposite sex that's not blessed in the looks, body, grace department(s). I think its a Scottish colloquialism derived from another slang word minge - a less than polite term for a lady's bush.

Near the Robin Hood pub and in the same street as the Novotel there a number of bars - sort of arty places. I stayed in the street a few times but have never visited those bars - are they any good ?

I arrive on June 19th and have 10-12 days in Thailand, depending on flight times. To try and lengthen the days I have been in some of the Soi 4 daytime bars before 12. And I have seen people drinking at the Golden bar whilst I still been having breakfast at the Nana buffet.

Londo

Edited by londoedan

Near the Robin Hood pub and in the same street as the Novotel there a number of bars - sort of arty places. I stayed in the street a few times but have never visited those bars - are they any good ?

ok , but expensive

ok , but expensive

:) Soi 33 isn't that bad price wise if you go into the right bars.

ok , but expensive

OP might like The Office pub in soi 33. I assume it's still open as i havent been there for years...

Also i would recommend to check out Penalty Spot on the corner of soi 29. Short walk from Robin Hood.

He said he doesn't like go-go bars, fair enough.

And he also mentioned that he wanted to relax and not having to deal with pushy girls. If so, i think he should avoid Sukhumvit, and especially Soi 4. :)

And he also mentioned that he wanted to relax and not having to deal with pushy girls. If so, i think he should avoid Sukhumvit, and especially Soi 4. :)

I think everybody has a different view of what "pushy" is. O.k., 5 bargirls in Manila yelling at you at the same time to buy them a drink, that is pushy to me.

Just a girl on a stool saying hi, not pushy for me.

Unless in a go-go bar, I don't find the girls in Sukumvit "pushy".

I'll be there next week also.

Going to stay close by also. Maybe the Dawin Hotel.

I know quite a few bars etc. around there.

No hassels if you want quiet.

Good laugh and Ok.

Easy to get to everywhere.

Any boozing parties going on?

Send me an invite!!!

I think everybody has a different view of what "pushy" is. O.k., 5 bargirls in Manila yelling at you at the same time to buy them a drink, that is pushy to me.

Just a girl on a stool saying hi, not pushy for me.

Unless in a go-go bar, I don't find the girls in Sukumvit "pushy".

I agree, i don´t necessarily find the girls pushy either, although, if i had a friend, or heard someone asked for an advice, who wanted to visit Bangkok, and among the first things he would tell me, were things like, "i don´t like pushy girls, i want to relax, and i do not like go go bars", i would definitely avoid the tourist areas, and Soi 4, in particular.

Hi all

I am arriving in BKK on 19th May and have been to BKK many times.

I am not really into the 'go go' bars but like to have a laugh and a few bottles of beer but not get rip roaring drunk.

I have heard mentioned the Suk Soi 7 Beer Garden. Is this bar any good and if so is it still busy at around 7-11pm? Are the ladies pushy or are they OK and will have a chat and a laugh? Are they lookers or mingers?

Any other bars around this areas I would also have a look at as I am staying at the new'ish Ibis Hotel on Suk Soi 4.

Cheers all.

Regards

yiippee! u sound like a 12 year old - by the way u sound - your main interest are the bars on suk soi - enjoy and don't try to hide what u really seek - cheers

Hi all

Regards

yiippee! u sound like a 12 year old - by the way u sound - your main interest are the bars on suk soi - enjoy and don't try to hide what u really seek - cheers

salone, for you with just 10 posts to:

1. call the poster juvenile (he's excited about coming to BKK, so what?)

2. then to put words in his mouth ("hide what you really seek"? How do you know?)

is really pretentious.

I think if you have positive input to a thread you're an asset to the forum. If not, maybe just don't post.

Salone

You seem to be a person who seems very negative.

I have nothing to hide as I am a married man of 14 years and will be in BKK to do some business but like to have a laugh while I am there.

If you want to make negative comments then please qualify your information before doing so.

regards.

:)

Well Salone, you write like a 5 year old, if that helps.

ok , but expensive

:) Soi 33 isn't that bad price wise if you go into the right bars.

The arty bars such as Dali, Rembrand etc are on the high side with their prices. <snip>

Edited by soundman
Removed specific references to prostitution.

As mentioned in another thread, I like the Golden Bar outside Nana Hotel on the street. Seriously, I can sit there for hours and people watch. The characters in Bangkok ....................

IMHO Bier garten is fine for an hour but I get a bit depressed if spending any more time there.

I definitely agree with the Soi 4 viewpoint bars. I've tried the Golden Bar but prefer Big Dog and Morning Night. The music is great in these places to just sit and watch the world go by.

Londo

morning and night is indeed a great place to watch the parade. but not often.

Hi all

I am not really into the 'go go' bars but like to have a laugh and a few bottles of beer but not get rip roaring drunk.

I have heard mentioned the Suk Soi 7 Beer Garden. Is this bar any good and if so is it still busy at around 7-11pm? Are the ladies pushy or are they OK and will have a chat and a laugh? Are they lookers or mingers?

Any other bars around this areas I would also have a look at as I am staying at the new'ish Ibis Hotel on Suk Soi 4.

Cheers all.

Regards

If you want to avoid the hookers and the GoGo bars, why on earth do you stay around Sukhumvit, and even "worse", Soi 4????

Bangkok is way more than that

My thoughts exactly :) If you've been to Bangkok many times I doubt you don't know the score. I think your a root master and don't want to admit it :D

The girls in Soi 7 are typically a bit older have a kid and are struggling to support them. If you want to chat to them then you should know the rules by now.

You buy them a few drinks and if you don't want to take things further do the decent thing and drop them a couple of hundred baht for taking up their time.

There's a small bar in 7/1 called Boo Sa Bar on the right near the end. A lot of English guys drop in there everytime they come to Thailand.

Andrew the owner is normally always there, the girls aren't pushy at all, the beer is cheap and it's always good for a laugh.

It's about a 5 minure walk from your hotel on the opposite side of Sukhumvit Road.

The sports bar in Soi 20 is good for a crack. The girls are loopy and a whole lot of fun but below average on looks.

If you are looking for a really grogeous girl in places like the beer garden I wish you luck. A cracker walks in there and she'd be gone in about 5 mins

never to be seen again :D You get some not bad looking girls in Hillary Bar opposite the Bus Stop beer garden in Soi 4 and their other bar on the same

side of the road just past Nana Plaza towards Sukhumvit.

Lookers!? majority of them make full use of their good looks and work in go go bars but they fall in love very easily.......with money :D

Nana I find a lot less friendly that Cowboy it's not so much the girls but most are quick change bars and girls don't have a great lot of time for

chatting so it's grab a drink between dancing and move on. A lot of the time the'll have a drink from you and some other guy at the same time.

A good place where you can go about 7.30 pm is the Tilac bar in Soi Cowboy. While it is a go go bar many guys sit in the bar outside

until about 9pm when Happy Hour ends. There's a long time between dances and a lot of the girls come outside between their dancing stints.

They're on the whole the majority are very friendly and always up for a bit of a giggle.

Costs about 100 baht to buy them a coke and get to know them and they tend to be ok on the looks side.

Other than that follow your nose mate you can hardly go wrong in the area you'll be staying.

Have a good holiday

The arty bars such as Dali, Rembrand etc are on the high side with their prices.
All the art bars are roughly twice the price for any drink,

Many have Japanese owners and investors, used to be popular with the long haul pilots,

Charging ridiculous prices for everyday booze is one way to filter the riff-raff.