Taking Honda Into Malaysia For 2-3 Months

I am thinking about taking my honda into malaysia for 2-3 months when my visa expires next year.

bike is fully legal, green book in my name, also insurance.

can anyone advise or point me in the right direction where i can get any info on entry into malaysia and any pitfalls i may encounter or should be aware of.

thank you!

I am told the max 'temp export' is 60 days..

But I know from experience of myself and others that the border is wide open and its not hard to go through without doing the technical export papers. So the advice on technicalities needs to be understood that its a very variable situation. The Malay southern border is very different from the northern ones.

can anyone advise or point me in the right direction where i can get any info on entry into malaysia and any pitfalls i may encounter or should be aware of.

There is the shock of

- meeting friendly policemen, particularly motorcycle cops.

- at a check point being asked if I had the correct documents, "yes", Ok, carry on", and said with a smile.

- at another check point being stopped and given a bag full of biscuits and cakes by the POLICE....

- excellent motorways and no tolls for bikers (except the bridge to Penang), just ride around the toll stations on the bike track

- superb motorcycling on great roads in the Cameroun Highlands