Ride To Loei Region On Tiger Boxer 250cc

Dear BigBikeBKK,

I have followed the route you blue-outlined in the google map and

I must say that it is pretty nice.

I gather it is an intersting alternative for riding up to Loei.

We can seriously consider to ride through that route.

However, as we have never been in those areas, could you please tell us if

accomodation is easy to be found along that way?

Best regards,

Frank V |

That's my route!

But yes, there are places to stay along the way. How far do you want to ride in a day?

^ LOL :)

Naw Dave- your route had us battling Somali pirates in the open ocean my man, and as cool as the Tiger Boxers are, I don't think they float... :D

Not really sure which route Frank is talking about- your western route or my direct BKK-21-203-Loei route.

Cheap hotels are never very hard to find in Thailand.

My route is easily done in a day, but if Frank wants to split it up there are some nice places to stay in Petchabun and awesome roads to explore to the north and northwest of there.

hel_l, I might tag along if you guys don't mind a Kwackerzaki in the mix :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

Dear BigBikeBKK,

Best regards,

Frank V |

That's my route!

But yes, there are places to stay along the way. How far do you want to ride in a day?

Great route...just a suggestion which may or may not be suitable as it adds more km's: road 101 from Kamphaeng Phet to Sukothai passing on Phran kratai is a very nice raod..i drove it twice with my 650 Bros...from sukothai than towards phitsanuloke on road 12 on the google map....

I am only suggesting here not sure if i can actually participate really but i try to at least meet up and drive a day or so...

mbox

Dear BigBikeBKK,

Best regards,

Frank V |

That's my route!

Hi Dave_

sorry for mixing your name-route with the other rider.

However....we would like to ride about 200-300-perhaps 400km a day.

We are by the two on one bike so, we do not want to force the nerves too much and

plus we want to avoid stress to the pillion.

In addition...

I think I will print out the map that you suggested and yes, if you can spot

not too expensive accomodation along that way they will be very much welcome.

Thanks

Frank V |

Hi Dave_

sorry for mixing your name-route with the other rider.

However....we would like to ride about 200-300-perhaps 400km a day.

We are by the two on one bike so, we do not want to force the nerves too much and

plus we want to avoid stress to the pillion.

In addition...

I think I will print out the map that you suggested and yes, if you can spot

not too expensive accomodation along that way they will be very much welcome.

Thanks

Frank V |

There's a point on 3456 that it makes a nasty 90 degree left; if you continue straight it becomes 3504. There's supposedly a hotel some 20 km from there, but I haven't seen it. The other bet is to go to Lan Sak. The distance is about the same (some 300 km), and I'm sure they have a cheap hotel there. Lan Sak is some 35 km from my house, so that adds a bit to the overall total. The biggest problem is that you can't really divide the ride up more evenly. Staying overnight at either of those two suggestions means that you end up with a 456 km ride on the second day. Holing up in Kamphaeng Phet is a 470 km first day ride and 323 km second day ride.

My personal recommendation would be to go ahead and stay at Lan Sak. It's a small municipality with the real Thai prices, even for long nosed paleskins (and the barber there is very good at his job). You'll obviously be stuck eating local food, as there is no McDee's or even KFC. They don't even have a 'Seven', although they do have several petrol stations, in fact one is right in the parking lot of the hotel. Furthermore, slipping the coppers, who's station is some 300 meters away from the hotel, some cash will ensure us of the fact that none of the bikes will be tampered with (perhaps paranoid, but I always pay a cop to watch my vehicle, even when I vacationed in Mexico).

And Alter, since you're definitely going, I emailed you a map. Here's hoping that Tony, mbox, and kano will join.

**edit**

And I have my GPS installed on my Ninjette, so there won't be repeats of last time :)

Edited by dave_boo

Hi Dave and friends

i would love to join . But i'm afraid i not gonna have the time. I would write a travel report for Tiger boxer Thaiblogs and the TAT as well

and publish it online on these sites.

Charlie

That's too bad kano85; don't know when exactly the ride is, just that I won't be able to join until the 10th.....perhaps we can find a date that's more accomdating for you?

Maybe kano85 can reconsider and do just a section of the trip? This is merely my situation too...i might join in at morning do a drive with you guys and later split and will return back home at evening...i can't see it any other way possible for me. Business keeps me on my toes - can't go away for days, it sucks but the money's good:-) need to go on a few more years but there is a shiny light at the end of tunnel....:-)

mbox

Maybe kano85 can reconsider and do just a section of the trip? This is merely my situation too...i might join in at morning do a drive with you guys and later split and will return back home at evening...i can't see it any other way possible for me. Business keeps me on my toes - can't go away for days, it sucks but the money's good:-) need to go on a few more years but there is a shiny light at the end of tunnel....:-)

mbox

Don't go towards the light!!

But it will still be a good run; some 7 hours or so up to Lan Sak, and we'll never be far from highway 1 (or 32).

Hi Dave,

Thx for your reply, Maybe i go with the idea from mbox, join for one day on a Sat or Sunday. If you leave from BKK to Nak Wan i can join from Ayutthaya only 50 km from my home

hope to c u all

Charlie

Hi Dave,

Thx for your reply, Maybe i go with the idea from mbox, join for one day on a Sat or Sunday. If you leave from BKK to Nak Wan i can join from Ayutthaya only 50 km from my home

hope to c u all

Charlie

Meet me up in Suphanburi(rather the town on the south edge Tha Rahat which is at the junction of 340, 357, and 329). That's some 60 km from the centre of Ayutthaya. You can meet the whole group there or join me and we'll ride down to the meeting point of all the Bangkokians. Granted it's another ~65 km down to that meeting point, but since I'll have to make a 275 km trip down there even before the actual ride starts you can't cry too much! Where is Nak Wan (or was that supposed to be Nakhon Sawan)?

To be honest, I don't much care what road we take up to the twisty bits, although 340 is in much better condition than 32. Either of those routes are just humdrum km to get to the fun stuff. However, if we were to change the meet point to 347 & 9 interchange, that only adds some 16 km to my ride; plus we'd end up going through Ayutthaya on the way out.

Where is mbox located?

List of Riders:

Alter............All the way for BKK to Loei

BigBikeBKK..?

dave_boo.....depending on start date!

kano85.........one day tripper

mbox............one day tripper

Depending on the date, I think that I may also only get one, or maybe two days in. It's stretching my schedule if I do it any time after the 13th as initial day. The joys of working.....

Hi Dave,

hope to c u all

Charlie

Meet me up in Suphanburi(rather the town on the south edge Tha Rahat which is at the junction of 340, 357, and 329). That's some 60 km from the centre of Ayutthaya. You can meet the whole group there or join me and we'll ride down to the meeting point of all the Bangkokians. Granted it's another ~65 km down to that meeting point, but since I'll have to make a 275 km trip down there even before the actual ride starts you can't cry too much! Where is Nak Wan (or was that supposed to be Nakhon Sawan)?

To be honest, I don't much care what road we take up to the twisty bits, although 340 is in much better condition than 32. Either of those routes are just humdrum km to get to the fun stuff. However, if we were to change the meet point to 347 & 9 interchange, that only adds some 16 km to my ride; plus we'd end up going through Ayutthaya on the way out.

Where is mbox located?

List of Riders:

Alter............All the way for BKK to Loei

BigBikeBKK..?

dave_boo.....depending on start date!

kano85.........one day tripper

mbox............one day tripper

Depending on the date, I think that I may also only get one, or maybe two days in. It's stretching my schedule if I do it any time after the 13th as initial day. The joys of working.....

Dave ...i am located in Nakhonsawan(nak wan is the same) ...will also be able to tell you more once we have some dates & schedule of the trip.

mbox

From my emails with Alter, I don't think they'll mind. Unless of course you try and embarrass all of us little bikes! It's my understanding that this is more or less a shakedown cruise for the OP, and he's going to have his FTNG on the pillion so there's not going to be the crazy speeds that you're used to.

Of course, I've mis-spoken before so don't take that as the gospel truth.

And thanks for the info mbox. Not far from where I live; perhaps you'd want to join me on the trip down to meet the rest of the rat pack?

And I could show you the proposed route through Chai Nat several days beforehand and we could make adjustments to it as needed.

Edited by dave_boo

Only know a couple of accommodations on that route:

Petchabun Burappa Hotel (B500) AC, Hot Waterish, coffee shop. Near other amenities.

Loei King Hotel (B500/600) hot water, AC, coffee shop. Near other amenities.

A few months back a bunch of stayed at the Kosit Hotel in Petchabun which was quite nice and a steal at only 800 Baht including a huge breakfast buffet-

020809KhositER6n1Sm.jpg

I'd definitely recommend this place- very biker friendly-

020809Khosit6Sm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

A few months back a bunch of stayed at the Kosit Hotel in Petchabun which was quite nice and a steal at only 800 Baht including a huge breakfast buffet-

020809KhositER6n1Sm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

I recognise the big yellow flying fridge, but who's the guy in the front row (with the flip-up chinbar) who looks like he's got a wedgie?

All kidding aside, it's good to get information like this!020809Khosit6Sm.jpg

020809KhositER6n1Sm.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

I recognise the big yellow flying fridge, but who's the guy in the front row (with the flip-up chinbar) who looks like he's got a wedgie?

All kidding aside, it's good to get information like this!020809Khosit6Sm.jpg

Hey Guys.....

this picture looks so intimidating!!!!

;-)

You all bigbikers have to consider that not all of us have a beautiful big bike like yours.

So, of course everyone is welcome but whether we, (small Boxer 250RS, or Honda CBR 150cc, etc...) will be able to keep

up with your threatening/potential speed it is a totally different question.

Plus, as it was stated by Dave_boo above this forum, I, Frank aka Alter, am having my pillion gf in the back.

Anyway, let's keep all in touch and see how things will develop for all of us in the coming days.

Today we, myself and pillion, are off to Bang Sare (Chon buri surroundings).

We'll catch back with you all when back from this short 2-3 days trip.

Regards,

Frank V |

However, lets