Pratumnak Hill - Need To Rent A Studio/apartment

simon43

I'm working in Jomtien and looking to rent a studio/small apartment on Pratumnak hill (Buddha Hill), on a month-by-month basis. Hopefully with free wifi or ADSL, swimming pool and gym plus car-parking would be nice. Under 15,000 baht per month.

I've already been offered the above at 12,000 baht per month (with free electricity as well), but do want to see if there is anything else available.

If anyone has something to offer, please PM me

Thanks

Simon

Just make sure the place has good security...gated windows and doors and good quality locks. Pratumnak Hill is one of the highest crime areas in Pattaya (coming from Phuket you may not know that). Hope the car parking is secure as well.

^ But there's ne'er a Pattaya 'realtor' that will admit to it. Housebreaking is increasing all over the area and as MJD states, Pratumnak had the worst reputation before this so listen to the people on the street and not the salesmen.

I think you have been around Thailand long enough to sense a ropey location so good luck on getting a 'steal' !

Just make sure the place has good security...gated windows and doors and good quality locks. Pratumnak Hill is one of the highest crime areas in Pattaya (coming from Phuket you may not know that). Hope the car parking is secure as well.

I've been living there for over 3 years and I didn't know that. It's mainly a rumour spread by Thai visa members.

I've yet to hear of a break-in in my apartment complex...and it's a very prominent apartment complex that many of you probably drive past everday.

I couldn't think of a better place to live in Pattaya than up on the hill.

I lived on Pratumnak for several years in one of the apartments right at the top. While most of the people there are not made aware of this for obvious reasons, this area has been broken into non-stop every since they started construction on the new building on the side. The Thais climb the buildings like monkeys, no joke, and use the partly assembled buildings to shimmy right up and onto ledges.

I was lucky and never had my place broken into (ALWAYS locked windows and balcony doors) but have known several friends who have been robbed there, always through a window or balcony, regardless of how high up you are. They have robbed even the highest floor.

Lock your windows and balcony doors if you stay there. While it's not fail proof, they will usually go for an easy opening. I've never heard of them breaking and entering there, it's always someone who left something unlocked.

I've been living there for over 3 years and I didn't know that. It's mainly a rumour spread by Thai visa members.

I've yet to hear of a break-in in my apartment complex...and it's a very prominent apartment complex that many of you probably drive past everday.

Oh yea, it's true mate. You are just out of the loop, as most tenants are there. It wouldn't be good for business otherwise.

Hallooooo! Whilst it's interesting to read all these warnings and horror stories, it doesn't actually answer my OP :) My office is on the hill and that's where I want to live!

I see quite a few View Talay apartments up for rent. Apart from the 'Flying Club', what else is VT good for??

Simon

I couldn't think of a better place to live in Pattaya than up on the hill.

Ditto.

I see quite a few View Talay apartments up for rent. Apart from the 'Flying Club', what else is VT good for??

Very good for getting cheap messy seconds from all the bargirls going in and out of the building at all hours of the day and nite (90% of your neighbors will be sexpats).