Passport Change

I have triple tourist visa on my passport and going to make new passport,

Can I transfer the triple tourist visa from old passport to new passport?

I am afraid if I make new passport , I will get 60days stamp on new passport

but I will lose the rest 2 entry tourist visa.

I have triple tourist visa on my passport and going to make new passport,

Can I transfer the triple tourist visa from old passport to new passport?

I am afraid  if I make new passport , I will get 60days stamp on new passport

but I will lose the rest 2 entry tourist visa.

tigerz,

when you receive your new passport you should also have your old passport . your embassy may give you a letter asking thai immigration to transfer your visa over to the new passport. immigration will transfer all your dates of entries on the current visa and remaining entries. everything will be the same, no cost.

I asked to my embassy and they said they dont give me a letter asking thai immigration to transfer my visa over to the new passport.

They will give me old passport and new passport only.

They said they are not sure about that immigration transfer multientry tourist visa

from old passport to new passport.

I am wondering now.

yes I read the website u showed, but that is the non-immigrant long stay visa type,

but my visa is multi tourist visa.

My embassy said long stay type visa can be transfered surely,

but they said tourist visa is not sure.

I read the topic, but I am not sure,

Whether really tourist visa can be transfered or

they thought tourist visa can be transfered , because long stay type visa can be transfered?

or anyone had been ever transfered tourist visa in the past?

tigerz, the final decision is with the immigration officer in charge.

I have an extension of permission to stay, so cannot say I ever transferred a toruist visa. But always I just show 2 p/ports and the letter by the embassy, which only explains that this passport is correctly issued by this embassy to the name holder. No application form no fee. Just a friendly smile (from me)

I was as well told for long time, that a re-entry permit cannot be transferred.

Last time, they accepted and di transfer following my begging.

So only way, ask.

Btw, you seem not to be sure if you need the new p/port. So keep the old one 'til your visa expired. If you need a new one, because the old os full, you anyway have no choice, but ask them to do it. Up2them :o

Tigerz does not say what nationality he is.

If he is British, the Embassy will leave the page with his current triple entry visa "uncancelled".

He can then use the remaining entries on the visa.

The entry/exit stamps will of course go in the new passport.

All he has to do is present both passports on arrival.

I have experienced this with a multi-entry Non Imm visa and it is defintely OK.

I think that

But when he renew passport, embassy give back to him old passport which was punched holes, so the old passport is not used as a documents proof.

Immigration at airport will check only the new passport, because old passport is no more the evedence document, that is only a junk paper.

So the visa stamp must be moved to new passport.

correct?

I think that

But when he renew passport, embassy give back to him old passport which was punched holes, so the old passport is not used as a documents proof.

Immigration at airport will check only the new passport, because old passport is no more the evedence document, that is only a junk paper.

So the visa stamp must be moved to new passport.

correct?

yes, the new passport will receive a full page rubber stamp written in thai with your visa information transferred over. the old passport is no longer valid but your current visa status/dates are already logged into thai immigration's computer.

Thanks for useful information. I was in the same predicament last year with annual multiple B. Could not get straight answer if the visa would be still valid so I waited with passport exchange until I was at the end of my 15 months stay. Showed up with old and new passport at Bangkok Immigration office and they restamped new passport with the same visa type and expiration date as the old one. The whole process was painless. I was in and out of immigration office in 10 minutes.

Thanks for useful information. I was in the same predicament last year with annual multiple B.  Could not get straight answer if the visa would be still valid so I waited with passport exchange until I was at the end of my 15 months stay.  Showed up with old and new passport at Bangkok Immigration office and they restamped new passport with the same visa type and expiration  date as the old one.  The whole process was painless.  I was in and out of immigration office in 10 minutes.

I'm going to try doing that tomorrow or on the next day. That's a 90 days non-Imm-B visa in my case. Passport is full and I need to use it so I don't have many choices. Will let u know how it went.

Thanks for useful information. I was in the same predicament last year with annual multiple B.   Could not get straight answer if the visa would be still valid so I waited with passport exchange until I was at the end of my 15 months stay.   Showed up with old and new passport at Bangkok Immigration office and they restamped new passport with the same visa type and expiration  date as the old one.   The whole process was painless.   I was in and out of immigration office in 10 minutes.

I'm going to try doing that tomorrow or on the next day. That's a 90 days non-Imm-B visa in my case. Passport is full and I need to use it so I don't have many choices. Will let u know how it went.

Did it today. 10 minutes. Go up the stairs to floor 4, room 402, with both passports and photocpies of passport main pages, visa, and TM form (photocpies can be done accross the street for 2 baht per page).