Yamaha Yzf R15

What do you think?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I ran across this info on a Yamaha YZF-15R while looking for something else and thought it looked pretty cool, and since there was a full spec sheet and fuel injection I thought if nothing else it was cool to check out.

specs_r15ps.jpg

specs_engine.gif

Engine typeLiquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valveCylinder arrangementSingle cylinderDisplacement149 .8ccBore x Stroke57×58.7mmCompression ratio10.4:1Maximum power17PS / 8,500rpmMaximum torque15 N.m / 7,500rpmStarting systemElectric StartLubricationwet sumpEngine oil capacity1.0 litersFuel tank capacity12 litersFuel supply systemElectronic fuel injectionIgnition systemT.C.IPrimary / Secondary reduction ratio3.042 / 3.000Clutch typeConstant-mesh wet multi-plateTransmission typeReturn type 6-speedGear ratios1st=2.833, 2nd?1.875, 3rd:=1.364,

4th=1.143, 5th=0.957, 6th=0.84

specs_chassis.gif

Frame typeDeltabox FrameCaster / Trail26° / 100mmTire size (Front / Rear)80/90-17 / 100/80-17Brake type (Front / Rear)Hydraulic, single disc (Front / Rear)Suspension type (Front / Rear)Telescopic / Linked type MonocrossHeadlight12V35W / 35W?35W

specs_dimensions.gif

Overall length x width x height1,995mm x 670mm x 1,070mmSeat height790mmWheelbase1,290mmMinimum ground clearance160mmDry weight / Curb weight120kg / 131kg

Packed full of state-of-the-art technologies, the new YZF-R15 boasts performance worthy of a supersport model and a body design that evokes the image of the YZF-R series and gives visual expression to the quality of its ride. It is truly an embodiment of Yamaha's desire to bring customers a model to help them "Enjoy riding".

Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd. plans to market a new lightweight supersport bike in India as part of a corporate priority to build the brand?s business there.

The YZF-R15 features a newly designed 150cc liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC single-cylinder, 4-valve fuel-injected engine on a Deltabox frame. Yamaha is displaying the bike for the first time at Auto Expo 2008, Jan. 10-17, in New Delhi. Plans are to release the model in the second quarter.

Yamaha says the development concept was to build a bike to serve as the first true supersport to be designed solely for the Indian market.

yzf-r15.jpg

Edited by johnefallis

The Yamaha YZF-R15 would indeed be a very good 150cc alternative sports bike on the Thai market. The only small problem is that it is currently only available in India.

Importing a Yamaha YZF-R15 would cost about the same as buying a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, I know one person who lives in Chonburi, who actually imported a Yamaha R15... He is still happy, but then he bought the bike more as a collection item.

The Yamaha YZF-R15 imported

Edited by Richard-BKK

The Yamaha YZF-R15 would indeed be a very good 150cc alternative sports bike on the Thai market. The only small problem is that it is currently only available in India.

Importing a Yamaha YZF-R15 would cost about the same as buying a Kawasaki Ninja 250R, I know one person who lives in Chonburi, who actually imported a Yamaha R15... He is still happy, but then he bought the bike more as a collection item.

The Yamaha YZF-R15 imported

Thanks Richard. Good article, although you already know I don't much like the M/C Thailand site, that article shows it's good side.

Now if only a few other areas were improved.....

By the way, the blog I found that info on indicated the possiblity the bike could be made for other countries in Asia. I'm not sure what that could mean for Thailand, but it's still a cool bike.

John :)

P.S. I will be looking for some dual sport tires when I get my new Tiger 250 RS, seems like you are the man to ask about that?

Edited by johnefallis

He John,

I belief that the best way to get better tires for your Boxer 250 is to directly ask Tiger Motor to chance them for you... At least that is what most of us did

I asked Pariya, but I haven't been presented with any options yet. I thought you might know where I could compare some options in the right size range.

Visions. the twin cylinder Ninja 250 has almost double the Hp at 32hp.

This Yamaha is about the same power as the Honda cbr150 eg:

Maximum power17PS / 8,500rpmMaximum torque15 N.m / 7,500rpm.

SO NO i do not think a Ninja needs to worry to much. A cbr150 maybe.

Styling apart, it's still a one 50 single. How on earth could you compare it to a 250 Ninja? A well designed 250 twin with a good power to weight ratio will eat a 150 for breakfast.