Honda Cz-i 110.

nev

now i am thinking of buying this bike does anyone have one who can tell me if worth buying or anyone have a opinion on this bike or a other bike that might be a better option.

i would love a big bike but one like cz-i 110 is about all i need around the village andsurrounding areas. thanks.

now i am thinking of buying this bike does anyone have one who can tell me if worth buying or anyone have a opinion on this bike or a other bike that might be a better option.

i would love a big bike but one like cz-i 110 is about all i need around the village andsurrounding areas. thanks.

I have owned a Honda CZ-i 110 for over 6 months now and wouldn't trade it for anything. It is the most economical bike on the market, I regularly get between 65 and 70 Kilometers per Liter. I find it has plenty of zip and shifting of gears is a wonderful thing....I don't like the automatics.

The only negative I would offer is there isn't a provision for adding a basket to carry small objects.....at least none that I know of. The automatics have the "foot shelf", like a floor that you can place things on when shopping. I bought my wife a Fino so we take that when we go shopping, otherwise we take the Honda because it is so economical. I am a teacher and carry everything I need in a backpack or I strap it down on the seat behind me...no problems.

I bought the simplest bike I could that had good economical specs. I don't have an electric starter and I shift manually, which is a real motorcycle to me.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the CZ-i as long as you don't haul lots of things and enjoy shifting. I love getting on my bike and riding. Fuel prices will eventually go up and up and up, every little bit of efficiency helps. Automatics are gas hogs, relatively speaking.

Martian

Edited by Martian

martin thanks mate you have confirmed my asessment.

my wife already has a mio about 4 years old now it chews petrol up i just want a bike of my own that is economical got a bit of zip and i believe it looks a nice bike. thanks again nev

I think the CZi 110 came out before Honda went for fuel injection on all their bikes? I mean it was the fuel injection sales pitch model before Honda went fuel injection only? So if you want a bike like a CZi with the basket on the front, just get the latest Wave 110 model (all the latest Honda waves have that value engineered exhaust like what they put on the autos, which is what stands out if you compared them to the previous range)?

I think the CZi 110 came out before Honda went for fuel injection on all their bikes? I mean it was the fuel injection sales pitch model before Honda went fuel injection only? So if you want a bike like a CZi with the basket on the front, just get the latest Wave 110 model (all the latest Honda waves have that value engineered exhaust like what they put on the autos, which is what stands out if you compared them to the previous range)?

I think you are correct. After buying my CZ-i, which I did for the new fuel management system (PGFM or something), I started noticing the same labeling on other Honda models. I am still very, very happy with my CZ-i though. The basket thing isn't really an issue for me. Also, there has been a big increase in "basket content" thefts. Teenagers will drive up next to you, grab whats in your basket and drive off. I guess one of those "spider" bungee cord thing-ees would help resolve that.

Regards

i have noticed the 110 wave with the pgfm but i like the look of the cz,a smart looking bike! i can do without the basket our mio has tha,this bike is for me.save taking the car for the medium trip journeys i like going around the issan country on a bike!

Edited by nev

Haha! I know what you mean, any bike is good enough for me. I spent alot of time on the gf's Suzuki Smash 110. The basket at the front is handy and its so frugal on fuel. Less gears to shift and so easy to ride.

I have no need for a car in Thailand and wish I could sell a couple that I have back home. Thais are status seekers through cars just as people elsewhere but more so here in my opinion. Most Thais don't realize the true cost of car ownership and the headaches that go with it until it is too late. My wife's girlfriend had a boyfriend give her a down payment on a nice full size truck only to stop giving her the money for the monthly payments. She hawked her house to a new boyfriend to pay for the truck and now the new boyfriend is keeping the house after getting it for a fraction of it's value........all for the status of owning a nice shiny new truck that will be practically worthless in several years!

I'll use my inexpensive and fun motorcycle for all my local travels and stick to buses, vans and trains for cross country.

Regards,

Martian

Most Thais who buy a car are buying their first car and have no/little experience of owning one. Most of us farangs have had many cars over the years (I have had about 20 which is quite typical for someone of my age I think). They are not made to last and don't need the attention the Thais give them. I am on my 2nd pickup here and would change vechicals every 10 years here (I only use them 6mths of the year since I go back home, and I don't let anyone drive it while I am away as the Thais will trash it/I have heard so many stories of what goes on when the farang is not around/I have had experience of the Thais misusing a vechical when you are away).

I took my pickup to a car care place; first time in three years! The guy said to me, don't I worry about the apperance of my car? I said no, I will look after it, but excessive cleaning will damage the paintwork, and I will buy a new one in ten years. Just needs a wash once in a while, and an occasional underbody cleaning to remove dust buildup. I sorted out chips in the paint on the front myself, and cleaned off bitumen stains using some thinners. This type of upkeep I will only repeat every three years or so as excessive cleaning will damage the paint. Funny thing is he made the tyres look nice and black, but that only lasted a couple of days, which makes the point of, well what was the point of doing it :)

Most Thais won't admit it, but owning a car financially cripples them.

I am thinking next time I won't buy a car; living in the city I don't need one and can just hire when I need one? The road tax is almost as expensive as my 1.4ltr Honda Civic in the UK and the insurance is about 12k baht per year!

Motorbiking is the more sensible choice.

yes totally agree guys bikes the way to go, but living in a small issan villlage i need my car to get too udon thani khon kaen or kalasin to do major shopping ect.

also to go to nong khai for visa's.

if i lived in a major city a bike would do me fine.

• 3 weeks later...

I have owned a Honda CZ-i 110 for over 6 months now and wouldn't trade it for anything. It is the most economical bike on the market, I regularly get between 65 and 70 Kilometers per Liter. I find it has plenty of zip and shifting of gears is a wonderful thing....I don't like the automatics.

The only negative I would offer is there isn't a provision for adding a basket to carry small objects.....at least none that I know of. The automatics have the "foot shelf", like a floor that you can place things on when shopping. I bought my wife a Fino so we take that when we go shopping, otherwise we take the Honda because it is so economical. I am a teacher and carry everything I need in a backpack or I strap it down on the seat behind me...no problems.

I bought the simplest bike I could that had good economical specs. I don't have an electric starter and I shift manually, which is a real motorcycle to me.

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with the CZ-i as long as you don't haul lots of things and enjoy shifting. I love getting on my bike and riding. Fuel prices will eventually go up and up and up, every little bit of efficiency helps. Automatics are gas hogs, relatively speaking.

Martian

HI martian. you say you have to use a back pack have you considered one of these on the back of your bike matepost-14972-1249887275_thumb.jpg

they look quiet good and handy for shopping.

Update for me i have decided to buy a cz-i after some good feedback on here, i went the shop in the nearest town to me he had heaps of 110i which is basically the same bike but not as good looking,he said he does not get the cz-i in as thais happy with the 110i,he said the last year he has sold 400of the 110i and only 4 cz-i, the sales girl was really nice so want to buy from them.

well i will have to order no problem, but i go back sydney on buisness in 3 weeks time for 10 weeks then back here, so i have told her when i get back we order then.

she said maybe a updated model might come out in the meantime.

so thanks guys for the info. nev.

ps the carry thing in the picture above are they easy to obtain nev.

Bought one for my wife, she loves it. Geared economical goes on gasohol etc. Not for me but she loves it...

Bought one for my wife, she loves it. Geared economical goes on gasohol etc. Not for me but she loves it...

Mate my wife as already got her eyes on it before i even buy, she likes the look told me the black one,when i want the blue.

I have my eye on a phantom as a second bike for me for long trips a guy in the village has one and might sell,i will have that for long trips.

nev

i want to know all the differnces on this forum between

Honda 110i

and

Honda cz-i 110

its not clear yet which one I would like

i like baskets too by the way and use bikes to move stuff around regularly

i want fuel injection no doubt about it

i like a flat seat

the Wave 125i is made for strange people I think and not comfortable though a nice bike other than that

can someone take the time to low down this info to me?

pics, prices too and all.... if u can

i live with no Honda shop

and want to buy the best thing possible for my girl and fuel economy is a certain high priority

anyone buying an automatic must really be into wasting gas

i need to not do that for sure

Edited by dabest

dabest.

110i and czi basically same bike.

just the czi looks better.

34,000baht -110i kickstart

38,000baht -110i electric start.

czi 37,000baht kick start.

good economical bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Martian

HI martian. you say you have to use a back pack have you considered one of these on the back of your bike matepost-14972-1249887275_thumb.jpg

they look quiet good and handy for shopping.

Update for me i have decided to buy a cz-i after some good feedback on here, i went the shop in the nearest town to me he had heaps of 110i which is basically the same bike but not as good looking,he said he does not get the cz-i in as thais happy with the 110i,he said the last year he has sold 400of the 110i and only 4 cz-i, the sales girl was really nice so want to buy from them.

well i will have to order no problem, but i go back sydney on buisness in 3 weeks time for 10 weeks then back here, so i have told her when i get back we order then.

she said maybe a updated model might come out in the meantime.

so thanks guys for the info. nev.

ps the carry thing in the picture above are they easy to obtain nev.

Hi nev and thanks for the recommendation. If I ever need to increase the hauling capacity of my CZ-I, this is definitely a possibility. For now, as long as I have the fino available, I'll use that for shopping trips.

I agree that in your situation a car is practicle. Most people don't consider practicality or economics when purchasing a vehicle, they make wrong decisions, not all though.

Hope you like whatever bike you buy or own....be careful and have fun!

I went for the White with red stripes (easier to keep clean)....probably would go with the Blue now......since it is only 40 baht for a complete cleaning in my hometown...lol. My wife wanted black also...I said no way!

Martian

Edited by Martian

• 1 year later...

Hello,

Im from Malaysia.

Im interested for purchasing this Honda CZ-i 110 in Thailand because currently Malaysia do not have this motorcycle .

Can someone tell me how the procedure must be taken for me as foreigner to purchasing this motorcycle?

Your cooperation is highly regard.

Thank you.