Potentially Serious Health Issue

Chrissygunn

I would be very grateful for a recommendation for a rhematologist. I am from the UK where I have been treated for Lupus. It is not the potentially life threatening kind but can be painful and otherwise very unpleasant. Before I left the UK.......9 months aso, all my relevant tests showed that it was inactive. I was warned though that it could return and that I have the potential to become hyperthyroid. I have purposely not educated myself too much about the condition as I'd rather just get on with life.......but I now have severe joiunt pain, exhaustion and am swelling up and out of my clotheres....all rather familiar symptoms.

I would be very grateful for a recommendation to an expert in these matters....I have letters from my GP and consultant which detail my usual treatment.

thanks

Chrissy.

I would be very grateful for a recommendation for a rhematologist. I am from the UK where I have been treated for Lupus. It is not the potentially life threatening kind but can be painful and otherwise very unpleasant. Before I left the UK.......9 months aso, all my relevant tests showed that it was inactive. I was warned though that it could return and that I have the potential to become hyperthyroid. I have purposely not educated myself too much about the condition as I'd rather just get on with life.......but I now have severe joiunt pain, exhaustion and am swelling up and out of my clotheres....all rather familiar symptoms.

I would be very grateful for a recommendation to an expert in these matters....I have letters from my GP and consultant which detail my usual treatment.

thanks

Chrissy.

A very good friend of mine has Lupus and has been treated at Bangkok Hospital for the past few years, they seem to know how to look after him very well.

thanks

Chrissy.

A very good friend of mine has Lupus and has been treated at Bangkok Hospital for the past few years, they seem to know how to look after him very well.

Not to seem facetious but--is there a Bangkok Hospital in Chiang Mai? I know there is an offshoot in Phuket but CM?

I would be very grateful for a recommendation for a rhematologist.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Chrissygunn,

While I have no personal experience with a rheumatologist, I can say that excellent specialized medical care is available at the Sriphat Medical Center within the larger Maharaj Hospital on Thanon Suthep near (on the opposite side from) Wat Suan Dok.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls...%22&spell=1

Maharaj is a teaching/training hospital associated with Chiang Mai University, and in many areas, like oncology, has Doctors who are Professors trained abroad with advanced clinical certifications.

I had a very good experience there being treated for cancer as both in-patient and out-patient : Dr. Loavicharn is the number one oncologist in Thailand : American M.D. and Oncology Board Certification.

I you search on "Sriphat" and "Maharaj," maybe even "Suan Dok Hospital," here on the Chiang Mai forum, I think you'll find many mentions and comments. I and others here have reported better treatment at lower cost than the so-called "expat hospitals of choice," like Chiang Mai Ram.

good luck, ~o:37;

Edited by orang37

I would be very grateful for a recommendation for a rhematologist.

Sawasdee Khrup, Khun Chrissygunn,

While I have no personal experience with a rheumatologist, I can say that excellent specialized medical care is available at the Sriphat Medical Center within the larger Maharaj Hospital on Thanon Suthep near (on the opposite side from) Wat Suan Dok.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls...%22&spell=1

Maharaj is a teaching/training hospital associated with Chiang Mai University, and in many areas, like oncology, has Doctors who are Professors trained abroad with advanced clinical certifications.

I had a very good experience there being treated for cancer as both in-patient and out-patient : Dr. Loavicharn is the number one oncologist in Thailand : American M.D. and Oncology Board Certification.

Than-you very much to those who offered their help, Chrissy.

I you search on "Sriphat" and "Maharaj," maybe even "Suan Dok Hospital," here on the Chiang Mai forum, I think you'll find many mentions and comments. I and others here have reported better treatment at lower cost than the so-called "expat hospitals of choice," like Chiang Mai Ram.

good luck, ~o:37;