2010 Kawasaki Ninja 650r Abs

BigBikeBKK

Do you like naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Naked (ER6n) or faired (Ninja 650R)?

• I like to keep my clothes on- gimme a Ninja 650R
    • Naked Baby! I like the ER6n!
    • Naked or faired- I like 'em both!

This poll is closed to new votes

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

Has anyone took their bike to Kawasaki for a service without the original exhaust? If so was anything said?

My new black arrow has arrived and I'm so tempted to put it on.... I've only got 600km on the clock and will be taking it for it's 1,000km service in 3-4 weeks when I hit the 1,000km mark.

I'm not sure whether to leave it until it's had it's first service and put it on after...

Matt.

Guys,

Has anyone took their bike to Kawasaki for a service without the original exhaust? If so was anything said?

My new black arrow has arrived and I'm so tempted to put it on.... I've only got 600km on the clock and will be taking it for it's 1,000km service in 3-4 weeks when I hit the 1,000km mark.

I'm not sure whether to leave it until it's had it's first service and put it on after...

Matt.

Personally I'd wait until you've completed the break-in period (1000km) before ditching the stock exhaust. I have no facts to back this up, only an idea that the greatly reduced back pressure of an aftermarket pipe might not be so 'healthy' for a new engine. Then again, 90% of the break-in occurs during the first 100km, so with 600km on the clock you'd probably be ok. Just don't wring it's neck until you've for the new oil and filter at 1000km. You'll love the Arrow- changes the bike from putt putt lawnmower to growling hooligan bike :) (Baffle out of course!) :D

New Radiator Guards for Ninja 650R and ER6n Hi Guys!

Just found these locally made Radiator Guards for 2009-2010 Ninja 650R and ER6n-

ER6NRADIATORGUARDSSR.jpg

Wish I'd had one of these on my old ER6n because the enduro tires I was running threw up a lot of rocks and dirt.

ER6NRADIATORGUARD1SSR.jpg

Pretty trick! glassestip.gif

ER6NRADIATORGUARD2SSR.jpg

Available for the 650R too!

NINJA650RRADIATORGUARDSSR.jpg

What do you guys think?

NINJA650RRADIATORGUARD1SSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony __________________

2008 Ninja 250R

2009 Kawasaki Diablo Black ER6n: Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E Aluminum Slip-On, Two Brothers Juice Box, Winning G1.3 Power Ignition Booster, PAIR Valve Plugged, Air Box Baffles Removed, DIY Tail Tidy, Aluminum and Delrin Frame Sliders and Swing Arm Spools, ProGrip Carbon Fiber Tank Protector

2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R is here! w00t.gif Arrow Exhaust, Sport Bars, Integrated Tail Light, Tail Tidy, Lotsa Carbon Fiber Bling! naughty.gif PCV and Autotune, Spiegler Lines EBC HH Pads woot.gif

2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 K6 aka THE BEAST! worshippy.gif

New Radiator Guards for Ninja 650R and ER6n Hi Guys!

What do you guys think?

NINJA650RRADIATORGUARD1SSR.jpg

Ride On!

Tony __________________

2008 Ninja 250R

2009 Kawasaki Diablo Black ER6n: Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E Aluminum Slip-On, Two Brothers Juice Box, Winning G1.3 Power Ignition Booster, PAIR Valve Plugged, Air Box Baffles Removed, DIY Tail Tidy, Aluminum and Delrin Frame Sliders and Swing Arm Spools, ProGrip Carbon Fiber Tank Protector

2010 Lime Green Ninja 650R is here! w00t.gif Arrow Exhaust, Sport Bars, Integrated Tail Light, Tail Tidy, Lotsa Carbon Fiber Bling! naughty.gif PCV and Autotune, Spiegler Lines EBC HH Pads woot.gif

Tony,

Did you buy the Spiegler lines locally or import? I want some for my 999S. It has aftermarket on it now, but I've always been a Spiegler fan.

Oh and what do I think, the bike looks ace..thumbs up mate.

Thanks

Garry

Edited by Garry

Tony,

Did you buy the Spiegler lines locally or import? I want some for my 999S. It has aftermarket on it now, but I've always been a Spiegler fan.

Oh and what do I think, the bike looks ace..thumbs up mate.

Thanks

Garry

Hiya Garry!

Bought my Spiegler lines in the US. I believe Dirtshop in Bangkok may carry them here in Thailand, but with their prices really probably better off ordering them abroad and having them shipped here.

Ride On!

Tony

2008 Ninja 250R

Hey Guys

Spiegler looks stunning. Radiator guard to.

Anyone know where I can get PAIR valve blockers for EGR?

and a gear indicator? my GF is learning to ride Ninja :) she s been riding only autos since her brother crashed the CBR150.

Edited by katabeachbum

Hey Guys

and a gear indicator? my GF is learning to ride Ninja :) she s been riding only autos since her brother crashed the CBR150.

Hey Kata,

EGR? I used silicone caps from Autobacs:

0728SlcnCap.jpg

They had them in a few colors. If you can't find them in Phuket I'll be happy to mail some down to you.

Installed:

0728PAIRValve1.jpg

0728PAIRValve.jpg

0728PAIRValve2.jpg

0728PAIRValve3.jpg

Recommend the GiPro DS gear indicator. Never seen it for sale in Thailand. Ninja650Shop dot com is probably your best bet:

UploadImagesGIPRO-DS_kit_450h.jpg

http://www.motospecialties.com/store.asp?s...pe1=electronics

Ride On!

Tony

2008 Ninja 250R

my GF is learning to ride Ninja :) she s been riding only autos since her brother crashed the CBR150.

She's going from a 150 to a 650? Why don't you get her a Ninja 250R? Cheap as chips and will hurt your feelings and pocketbook a lot less when she drops it... :D Good luck! Tony

my GF is learning to ride Ninja :) she s been riding only autos since her brother crashed the CBR150.

She's going from a 150 to a 650? Why don't you get her a Ninja 250R? Cheap as chips and will hurt your feelings and pocketbook a lot less when she drops it... :D Good luck! Tony

Thanks Tony, I m gonna need it

Ninja 250 in red metallic would have been perfect for her, but yesterday I bought 2nd hand the bike ScubaNinja bought new, so have 2 Ninja 650r now. My GF has been using my bike today since its got insurance, and I went with ScubaNinja bike equipped with Arrow and sports bar.

4 hours around Phuket today, her smile is still ear to ear, legs a bit to short so need to find her some sneakers to extend them, she rides ok, but no safety margin when its raining so have some talking to do before tomorrows ride :D

Shes always been faster than me on autoscoots, due to her half bodyweight and strong believe in Buddha I guess :D

Edited by katabeachbum

Hey Guys

Hey Kata,

EGR? I used silicone caps from Autobacs:

They had them in a few colors. If you can't find them in Phuket I'll be happy to mail some down to you.

Installed:

Recommend the GiPro DS gear indicator. Never seen it for sale in Thailand. Ninja650Shop dot com is probably your best bet:

UploadImagesGIPRO-DS_kit_450h.jpg

http://www.motospecialties.com/store.asp?s...pe1=electronics

Ride On!

Tony

2008 Ninja 250R

Thanks Tony

Exactly what I need

I ll have a look around Phuket first

Thanks Tony, I m gonna need it

Ninja 250 in red metallic would have been perfect for her, but yesterday I bought 2nd hand the bike ScubaNinja bought new, so have 2 Ninja 650r now. My GF has been using my bike today since its got insurance, and I went with ScubaNinja bike equipped with Arrow and sports bar.

4 hours around Phuket today, her smile is still ear to ear, legs a bit to short so need to find her some sneakers to extend them, she rides ok, but no safety margin when its raining so have some talking to do before tomorrows ride :D

Shes always been faster than me on autoscoots, due to her half bodyweight and strong believe in Buddha I guess :D

Follow up

Forst drop on Monday from standstill at LTD in Phuket. Broke mirror and some scratches to bike only. High heals dont work riding Ninja 650 :D

Replaced the mirror at 530 baht, and wait for next drop before replacing scratched plastic parts. Shes still smiling ear to ear :D

Follow up

Forst drop on Monday from standstill at LTD in Phuket. Broke mirror and some scratches to bike only. High heals dont work riding Ninja 650 :)

Replaced the mirror at 530 baht, and wait for next drop before replacing scratched plastic parts. Shes still smiling ear to ear :D

Hey- as long as everyone is still smiling it's all good! :D Wonderful how cheap the replacement parts are for the Thai-built Kwackerzakis! (FYI, I think you were overcharged 35 Baht- the 650R mirror costs 495 Baht from Kawasaki HQ) :D:D:D

Oh wait- I forgot the 7% tax! :D

All good!

Ride On!

Tony

Follow up

Forst drop on Monday from standstill at LTD in Phuket. Broke mirror and some scratches to bike only. High heals dont work riding Ninja 650 :)

Replaced the mirror at 530 baht, and wait for next drop before replacing scratched plastic parts.

I told you to stop wearing those heels when you ride kbb!!

Follow up

Replaced the mirror at 530 baht, and wait for next drop before replacing scratched plastic parts.

Scuba, you havent seen my pink fluffy slippers yet :D

You d be surpised see me riding next time, I v got myself some shoes for the Samui trip next week :D

Follow up

You d be surpised see me riding next time, I v got myself some shoes for the Samui trip next week :D

Slippers will go nice with your Hello Kitty license plate frame. :D

Follow up

Slippers will go nice with your Hello Kitty license plate frame. :D

time for riding shoes and tail tidy perhaps? :D:D

Found just a very informative Ninja650R thread.

http://www.riderforums.com/archive/index.php/f-89.html

And for those recently discussing plugging the PAIR valve, if you don't want to dig through the 66 pages of ER6n thread to find Tony's illustrated directions, a good description can be found here: http://www.riderforums.com/archive/index.php/t-33631.html

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Ninja 650R Maintenance [Archive] - RiderForums.com Community

And for those recently discussing plugging the PAIR valve, if you don't want to dig through the 66 pages of ER6n thread to find Tony's illustrated directions, a good description can be found here: Pair valve buisness [Archive] - RiderForums.com Community

Hey ScoobieNinja- thanks for the "plug" mate wink.gif

Funny how everyone except me can post links to other forums... rolleyes.gif

Why not just copy and paste the pics and directions here:

How to plug the PAIR valve on the Ninja 650R and ER6n:

0728PAIRValve1.jpg

Pair Valve plugged with silicone caps.

0728PAIRValve.jpg

Airbox breather outlet plugged.

0728PAIRValve2.jpg

Exhaust intake plugged.

0728PAIRValve3.jpg

A view from the airbox to the PAIR valve after plugging both and removing the hose.

Here are the Silicone Caps I used to get the job done-

0728SlcnCap.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

And for those recently discussing plugging the PAIR valve, if you don't want to dig through the 66 pages of ER6n thread to find Tony's illustrated directions, a good description can be found here: Pair valve buisness [Archive] - RiderForums.com Community

Because I couldn't find them!

I think it's only the SSR forum you can't post links to.

So where do I get those plugs? I plugged the hose on tob of the airbox, but I am getting even worse backfiring now. Kbb and I are hoping maybe you can help us finish the job in Samui. Got any more of those caps?

New No Cut Frame Sliders for the Kawasaki Ninja 650R are coming!

Ninja650RSlidersTRSSR.jpg

New design incorporates a steel bar that connects left and right sliders for added strength.

Ninja650RSlidersTR1SSR.jpg

I'm having a batch made and will post an ad in the ThaiVisa Classifieds when they are ready.

Ninja650RSlidersTR2SSR.jpg

Let the Good Times Roll!

Tony

650fanclubgif3.gif

Because I couldn't find them!

I think it's only the SSR forum you can't post links to.

So where do I get those plugs? I plugged the hose on tob of the airbox, but I am getting even worse backfiring now. Kbb and I are hoping maybe you can help us finish the job in Samui. Got any more of those caps?

Yeah, we all know how much some ThaiVisa folks love the SSR Hooligans wub.gif LOL! I have no clue what ThaiVisa's link policy is anymore wacko.gif Do they even have one? blink.gif

I got those silicone plugs from Autobacs in Bangkok. I'm sure you can find them at any decent auto parts store. I don't have any extras and tomorrow's the last day before we ride down to Ko Samui and I really won't have time to run all the way down to Rama III to get those for you...

The most important plug is this one:

0728PAIRValve2.jpg

If you leave the actual valve unplugged you might get an FI light but it should actually affect the performance of the bike. (Some guys REMOVE the pair valve and wire in a resistor to avoid an FI warning). Sorry, I'm not sure which resistor is needed.

Good luck bro! I'm sure you can sort it out!

See you on Friday!

Tony

I'm a little late to the party, but guess I'm the latest arrival. Picked up my new black Ninja 650r in Chiang Mai yesterday. Did a quick break-in, with oil and filter change. Drove it back to Chiang Rai early this morning, and I believe it will be some time before I can get this, ear to ear smile, off my face. :):D :D :D

I'm a little late to the party, but guess I'm the latest arrival. Picked up my new black Ninja 650r in Chiang Mai yesterday. Did a quick break-in, with oil and filter change. Drove it back to Chiang Rai early this morning, and I believe it will be some time before I can get this, ear to ear smile, off my face. :):D :D :D

Welcome to the Ninja650R owners club. I know what you mean. I just bought my second Ninja 650R, and put the sport bars on it yesterday. Wow does it make a big difference in the feel and ride. Feels much more sporty now.

:D

Edited by ScubaBuddha

Congrats on your new Ninja! I'm envious- you have the some of the very best motorcycling roads right at your doorstep. Enjoy and keep her shiny side up!

Tony

Just got my 1,000km service today at Kawasaki Suratthani! Now it's time for some real fun, my black arrow is being fitted first thing tomorrow morning in time for Samui Bike Weekend.. :D

I did a hard break using just plain Castrol mineral oil (emptied out the standard Kawasaki semi-synth before it left the dealers - I'll start using semi at around 10,000km)

For the first 1,000km I didn't exceed 6,000rpm... However all my driving involved warming the engine up and then letting it rip in each gear up to 6,000 and back down to 1,000 using nothing but engine breaking and all the gears, never letting the engine labour. I absolute hammered it in within that rev range only when warm. I was out around the island (I live on Samui) at 5am most mornings doing this. If anyone saw me they must have thought I was mad.. :)

Next on the list, power commander and remove the baffles from the airbox... :D

Matt.

My God! The arrow exhaust is one of my best purchases ever! I love it.

The noise it makes is amazing, the engine seems a lot quicker, especially in the mid-range. At first I kept looking round thinking there was a bad-ass chopper driving behind me but realised it was me... :) Driving between town houses is insane, the noise bounces off the walls. I removed the db killer of course! :D

What can I do next to make my bike faster? Power commander? Can I stick an extra 2 cylinders in somewhere? :D

I've attached some pictures of my baby.

Matt.

post-78406-064416000 1276396181_thumb.jp

post-78406-058828800 1276396232_thumb.jp

post-78406-048676700 1276396243_thumb.jp

post-78406-036339500 1276396258_thumb.jp

post-78406-052726700 1276396273_thumb.jp

post-78406-031781200 1276396280_thumb.jp

Yeah that arrow sounds great doesn't it. I will be leaving the DB killer out as well. I fit right in with all the choppers I rode to Samui with! Such a nice sound and everyone hears you coming. Loud pipes safes lives!

BigBikeBkk (Tony) should be along to help you with your other questions. He put a power commander on his ER6n. He is probably still on the bike riding back from Samui at the moment.