Anybody Riding With Yamaha Riders Club?

crisp

Hi All,

I'm going on my first ever bike trip to Pitsanulok, with the Yamaha Riders Club on 12 - 13 Sept.

I've asked my wife to ask, if any other Farrang will be going, as matter of interest.

Any of you guys going?

Cheers, ride safe

Chris.

I'll join if I'm home Chris.

Do they have any agenda up there? Will they let us play with the waverunners again or something?

Beware they are NOT slow riders so if your not comfy with your bike let them know so you don't push yourself. I'll talk to Mr. Man when I come home and see what the deal is, are you living in Bangkok?

Pop by Yamaha in Ratchada Behind Espalande shopping mall and you see a big sign Yamaha Riders Club, that's it. It's also the Yamaha big bike showroom and sales in Thailand.

I am looking at moving to Thailand, and have to sell my beloved XVS 1100 Classic here in Sydney as bringing it over with me will be a nightmare.

I popped by the Yamaha Riders Club in June to check it out, and was surprised my the name of the joint. Just a few sports bikes, and nothing I would have thought "big".

Diabando, where did you get the 1600 Roady from?

Do you mind me asking how much, how many K's and how old?

If the move happens, I will be in search of some new wheels, and a decent bunch of blokes to ride with.

I'll join if I'm home Chris.

Do they have any agenda up there? Will they let us play with the waverunners again or something?

Beware they are NOT slow riders so if your not comfy with your bike let them know so you don't push yourself. I'll talk to Mr. Man when I come home and see what the deal is, are you living in Bangkok?

Hi Bard,

I'm working abroad & get home every couple of months................home being Bangplad, near Pak Kret, Nonthaburi.

I've had sportbikes in the past, my last being a Suzuki GSX-R 1000 K6, so i would say i'm not uncomfortable at riding fast, but prefer to be fast & sensible/careful.

Had a couple of accidents in the past (haven't we all?) & like to think i've learnt my lesson!.

Ride safe

Chris

OK Nice one Chris,

If I am off which I think I am I will join, they don't ride insane as the matter of fact I have not meet anyone doing so in a group yet in Thailand, the "faster groups" normally go 10-20 km/h faster than the cars on the road and if no traffic might do short blasts of even higher speed. However some groups ride faster than some people are comfortable doing, so reason I mentioned it was that if you feel the group is faster than your comfort level tell them, so they slow down, or split the group in fast riders and slower group. Nobody is mind readers so it's important to communicate, and stay safe.

Last tour I went on we split the group in 2 fast and slower, and everyone was happy...

I don't think you will have a problem at all, just communicate and enjoy, the guys at the riders club are great fun to be with so it's as enjoyable as you can get it.

OK Nice one Chris,

If I am off which I think I am I will join, they don't ride insane as the matter of fact I have not meet anyone doing so in a group yet in Thailand, the "faster groups" normally go 10-20 km/h faster than the cars on the road and if no traffic might do short blasts of even higher speed. However some groups ride faster than some people are comfortable doing, so reason I mentioned it was that if you feel the group is faster than your comfort level tell them, so they slow down, or split the group in fast riders and slower group. Nobody is mind readers so it's important to communicate, and stay safe.

Last tour I went on we split the group in 2 fast and slower, and everyone was happy...

I don't think you will have a problem at all, just communicate and enjoy, the guys at the riders club are great fun to be with so it's as enjoyable as you can get it.

Thanks for the reply Bard,

Hope to see you there, if not sometime in the future.

Ride safe

Chris

Pop by Yamaha in Ratchada Behind Espalande shopping mall and you see a big sign Yamaha Riders Club, that's it. It's also the Yamaha big bike showroom and sales in Thailand.

I am looking at moving to Thailand, and have to sell my beloved XVS 1100 Classic here in Sydney as bringing it over with me will be a nightmare.

I popped by the Yamaha Riders Club in June to check it out, and was surprised my the name of the joint. Just a few sports bikes, and nothing I would have thought "big".

Diabando, where did you get the 1600 Roady from?

Do you mind me asking how much, how many K's and how old?

If the move happens, I will be in search of some new wheels, and a decent bunch of blokes to ride with.

I bought it privately and paid too much for it. Any big bike here is expensive. To give you an idea a 1999 Road Star in Red Baron BKK is BHT238k.