Getting Double/multiple Tourist Visa

Hello,

I'm a 27 years old Dutch guy and

I'm staying in (Bangkok) Thailand since June 2004 as a tourist.

As long as I don't have a job here I cannot get another type of visa.

Now I have to do a visarun every month, since I'm staying in Bangkok ,Aran (poipet) is closest from here.

That is every month about 2500 baht for this visarun (go and return to my appartment in bkk).

Now I would like to apply for double/multiple visas, at a Thai embassy at a neighboring country (Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar).

My plan is to go their by air.

My goal is to save some money and to avoid the monthly hassle of the visarun to Aran at poipet.

The last 2 times it was horrible at poipet border, way too many tourists and Thailand has problems with their "new" computer system at the border which can cause you to wait for about 1.5 hours in a row IN AND OUT of Thailand :D !!! In a worst scenario you won't be able to get a bus back to Bangkok on time... :o:D

Has anyone done this before and what country(Thai embassy) would be the best choice to go?

And also important: How long does it take to get the double/multiple tourists visas?

And what does it all cost?

Thanks in advance for suggestions/info.

Regards :D ,

Richard

If everything is so much bother for you don't understand why you remain in Thailand. :o

You are not likely to find many Consulates in the area receptive to a multi entry tourist visa with your record but Penang is probably the best bet. Normal visa issue procedure there, and most other places, is submit before noon and pick up next working day in afternoon.

Thanks for your info lopburi.

There's not much bothering me, and I like it in Thailand but it's ONLY the hassle at Poipet, thats all, as compared with a visarun at Mae Sai(If you stay in the North that is...)(fast and easy)...

(I've also been to Mae Sot 1 time, but that is quite far from bkk for just a visarun)

and most other places, is submit before noon and pick up next working day in afternoon.

So you mean that I have to stay one night in Malaysia?

And what would be the requirements in my case?

Thanks again

Richard

you're 27 years old and not working here; I'm sure that Thai officials are going to wonder why you live here full time at that age

Well, not all people going out and and spending money every time.

If you don't drink alcohol and don't go to the bars you can save that money to stay a longer time in Thailand. :D

I'M NOT saying that every tourist is visiting bars ectc!!

I just tell you the way I do it. :o

I have a Thai girlfriend who is studying MBA at ABAC.

Edited by R.H

doing visa run would take you 2-3day depend on how you manage it, if i were you i would go to search on visa run and see what you can come up with, get to know the knowledge and proceedure, it easier to talk after that

Thanks for your info lopburi.

There's not much bothering me, and I like it in Thailand but it's ONLY the hassle at Poipet, thats all, as compared with a visarun at Mae Sai(If you stay in the North that is...)(fast and easy)...

(I've also been to Mae Sot 1 time, but that is quite far from bkk for just a visarun)

and most other places, is submit before noon and pick up next working day in afternoon.

So you mean that I have to stay one night in Malaysia?

And what would be the requirements in my case?

Thanks again

Richard

As most transport will not get you into Penang in the morning two nights is more likely. Requirement is that they believe you are a tourist and can support your stay - they may ask nothing at all or they may request to see cash of 20,000 baht which is the basic requirement for a tourist visa (or perhaps a multiple if more than one entry). It is up to them.