Missed 90 Day Report Again

I just realied my 90 day Report was due on 24th July.

I know I will be given at least Bht2,000 fine.

But I was also LATE LAST time and Paid Bht 2,000 in April.

(OK - I have to find a method to Jog My Memory)

I also was late previously in 2006.

So can I expect any other Sanctions?

Maybe more than the Minumum Fine?

Regulations do say fine will not exceed Bht5,000

Well if it is only money - mai pen rai !!!

But can such "errors" affect future applications for

Extensions of Stay?

Has anyone got Previous Experience of such Situations please?

Bill

Has anyone got Previous Experience of such Situations please?

I don't think you will find many people here who have this kind of experience since most of them will learn from their first mistake and start using a calendar (even GOOGLE can help you to remember!)

opalhort

A related question but if Mr Moderator thinks it should be a new Topic, please do so...

A T7 report is not noted in your passport, and from observation at my local Immigration office, they do not seem to record.. Form just seems to go into the bottom drawer.

So how do they know if you miss reporting?

Bapak

You won't have the receipt portion of the TM47 form when you go to immigration. No receipt for last report pay 2000 baht fine.

And the buggers at my local immi stapled it to my passport so there's no feeble "Sure I reported but I lost the receipt" excuse.

You won't have the receipt portion of the TM47 form when you go to immigration. No receipt for last report pay 2000 baht fine.

I had to report by the 12th August (Tha li immigration) sent off tm47 3 pages of passpot copied and signed stamped address envelope 7th August got nothing back,my Thai wife phoned today

,they said they were very busy everyone keeps phoning up. Ok can you ring me back to confirm you have my paperwork,yes. 6 hours later no reply,phoned again and i quote (you didn,t send back the little receipt at the bottom of the Tm47 i can,t do nothing without that). WHAT! Then muttered something about 2000bht. My wife said to lady at immigration no one told us you wanted that back just 3 pages of passport.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I had to report by the 12th August (Tha li immigration) sent off tm47 3 pages of passpot copied and signed stamped address envelope 7th August got nothing back,my Thai wife phoned today

,they said they were very busy everyone keeps phoning up. Ok can you ring me back to confirm you have my paperwork,yes. 6 hours later no reply,phoned again and i quote (you didn,t send back the little receipt at the bottom of the Tm47 i can,t do nothing without that). WHAT! Then muttered something about 2000bht. My wife said to lady at immigration no one told us you wanted that back just 3 pages of passport.

The receipt portion has always been required for mail in reports.

It is number 3 under mail in reports on this webpage. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

I think you will be paying the fine when you go to immigration to get it sorted out.

The receipt portion has always been required for mail in reports.

It is number 3 under mail in reports on this webpage. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

I think you will be paying the fine when you go to immigration to get it sorted out.

Ok thanks i have just seen that (number 3) This is only the second time i have reported and nothing was said when i got my first 90 days to the 12th August, You live and learn. Thanks again

• 1 month later...

A question, does one still have to pay if leaving the country via flight?

A matter of the secretary forgetting to do the reporting in time (as several of us in staff had different days) and I'm having a trip come up soon anyway...

A question, does one still have to pay if leaving the country via flight?

A matter of the secretary forgetting to do the reporting in time (as several of us in staff had different days) and I'm having a trip come up soon anyway...

Airport immigration may not notice and you will be off the hook. Your 90 day count would start again on re-entry, the day of re-entry being counted as day 1.

The fine is 2,000 baht (or 4,000 if they have to chase you down). I have not seen any report of anyone being charged 200 baht per day (although in regulations if you refuse to pay the normal fine). I believe that would only be used if you did not pay and count would start on date you were advised. But again - have not seen even one report of it being charged.

Regardless of being seen or not.....a slip of paper telling me I was up for 200 per day until date rectified was inserted into my passport.

So they have every right, if they want to be plicks, to do it.

So going in there happy to pay 2k for not reporting for 12 months is not correct and you should be worried, it is cheaper to fly to Singapore and back.

The answer is probably found under Section 76 of the Immigration Act:

Any alien, alien, who fails to comply with the provisions of Section 37(2),(3),(4)or(5) shall be

punished with a fine not exceeding 5,000 Baht and with and additional fine not exceeding 200 Baht for

each day which passes until the law is complied with.

But in practice, and as stated on the immigration website, the fine currently being applied is 2,000 baht, and 4,000 baht if they come after you.

www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/doc/Immigration_Act.pdf

Edited by thaiphoon