Switch From Honda Cbr150 To Tiger Boxer Rs250

gmac

Why the he_ll can't people just ride whatever they're happy with and respect the other guy's choice? Getting like a kindergarten on this thread.

+1 Absolutely agree :D ...we did try to stop this yesterday, obviously yesterdays stop was of no success ...hope he's happy now :)

xobm

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fat lady is still sitting here waiting for a tiger to take the challenge...I don't see what's so hard about it, a simple race will determine if the tiger is ALL that these tiger riders claim it to be. 1/4 mile thats it...

The CBR's 6 th gear is an overdrive for cruising, at BIRA a CBR 150 will never see 6th gear.

The fat lady is still sitting here waiting for a tiger to take the challenge...I don't see what's so hard about it, a simple race will determine if the tiger is ALL that these tiger riders claim it to be. 1/4 mile thats it...

The CBR's 6 th gear is an overdrive for cruising, at BIRA a CBR 150 will never see 6th gear.

Can't see the problem for doing so....

A.) Make an appointment with Tiger Motors

B.)Ask if you could test ride the Boxer 250Rs

C.) Do your test...done!

...easy isn't it?

xobm

Edited by xobm

Ahhh...i forgot something....a cbr 149,whateva is not a real motorbike...its something for teenagers that want to play motorbikerider!! ;-)

:):D ...they gonna go for you over this post ....loved it though :D

xobm

After all i read before i went to Tiger Motorcycles on pahon yothin today.....they dont even have a tiger 250 in their showroom!!!!!!!!

very dissapointing!!

I really wanted to see the bike in nature,but no bike there!!

Sorry to hear that...they actually ran out of the Boxer 250RS ...but by appr. mid/end next week they shall have some again...better make an appointment before you test the bike. Are you located in Bkk ? PM me if you need some help,

happy trails,

xobm

After all i read before i went to Tiger Motorcycles on pahon yothin today.....they dont even have a tiger 250 in their showroom!!!!!!!!

very dissapointing!!

I know not the real thing to look at pictures...but here is my Boxer 250RS "in the nature"

happy trails,

xobm

4089143348_b869528b4e_b.jpg

4088442539_e2f41176c0_b.jpg

with topbox

4095483270_ff3d282edc_b.jpg

4094563191_5e3a27027d_b.jpg

you really couldn't resist, could you?childish i would say...so here it goes:

your cbr 150 is fastest ever, best in doing curves than any other bike , gives much better performance than any bike known to man in uphill, downhill, caves ,mountains ,racetracks, makes a great lover , runs with no fuel, runs over buffaloes without damage ,won paris dakar 125 year back to back, makes you look like mr.universe on it, gets you real crazy chicks, chases away gangsters, makes the best family Van on earth, has storage facilities for 25 cases beer chang , can tow a 40" container filled with rice, and can also be used for skiing , surfing & diving and it can do the moonwalk like Michael Jackson.

Happy now?

you know what i am trying to say??? i am tired discussing it- i know i am right - you know you are right and we can give another 233789 posts on it without results- so i consider it as wasted time for me, maybe you have time for that i don't !...maybe you meetup with powerband and do a race together with him? Or do a chat in the sandbox about racing out honda waves???

party's over, fat-lady sang yesterday already .

xobm

Classy; dodge the issues, refuse to answer questions, and be juvenile....makes one wonder what else was inflated...

very dissapointing!!

I know not the real thing to look at pictures...but here is my Boxer 250RS "in the nature"

happy trails,

xobm

4089143348_b869528b4e_b.jpg

4088442539_e2f41176c0_b.jpg

with topbox

4095483270_ff3d282edc_b.jpg

4094563191_5e3a27027d_b.jpg

Thx for the pix!

The guy gave me a card and i will call him back next week!

I still dont know what i have to think about te bike and you know yourself,pictures are good but i want to see,feel and touch it!! :-)

i want to have a motorbike!!i had a kawasaki ninja for one month(rented) and it was really nice but out of my price range!

And i didnt like the ninja in the heavy bangkok traffic,but up in chiang mai it was amazing fun!

what about the test ride?can i take it for a real spin around or just on their parking lot??

thx in advance!

regards

Hi , the Guy who gave you a card was mostlikely Khun Pariya.

Testride should be possible even over longer distance than just around the block/parking. I think you would actually be better off to make that appointment at Samut Prakarn( Tigers factory) , they have a testing ground there and you can also drive out the compound , i assume.

If you up nearnakhonsawan you can do your test driving on mine.

Hope that helps,

xobm

Hi , the Guy who gave you a card was mostlikely Khun Pariya.

Testride should be possible even over longer distance than just around the block/parking. I think you would actually be better off to make that appointment at Samut Prakarn( Tigers factory) , they have a testing ground there and you can also drive out the compound , i assume.

If you up nearnakhonsawan you can do your test driving on mine.

Hope that helps,

xobm

Thx for the help!

the thing is i live on pahon yothin,so i want to test it there!

i will give you an update next week what happened!

regards

Yep Khun Pariya is very accommodating i asked for a test ride and told him i was taking it to Khon kaen from BKK over a long weekend all he said was 'ok umm thats a long way, but no problem'

Hi Allan, i do recall this as you made a little report too :) and it was based on what You , Charlie & Richard wrote about the Boxer 250 which convinced me to test ride in pahon yothin ( having made an appointment) did a little ride there but also tested a police boxer prior as to figure out the position and comfort. The altogether impression was very good.

So i ordered it, got it about 2 weeks later .

Here is the report( i digged for it through another thread): http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2555590

It is no "secret" in testing a Boxer(but make an appointment with Khun pariya before) and anyone wishing to negotiate the performance over the bike should do their tests and come to terms.

xobm

Edited by xobm

Yer. my arse still remembers that trip.........ouch. But to be fair to Tiger they improved the stock seat within 2 weeks. I like the look of your seat XOBM. wHATS IT LIKE COMFORT WHY'S

Having done the iron butt to umphang on the 2nd generation seat i can say that it wasn't bad at all- in fact my bike was the first shipped out with the new generation seat...so the seat really stood some distances without pains on my arse but i wanted the front a bit "flatter" and after done this it feels even better - very happy with it...i paid 150thb at a local shop including the color matching design as well.

if you ever up in nakwan , give me a call,

xobm

hi guys,

Indeed the boxer original needed to be changed i told Pariya after the first i rode it. I did a complete reshape for only 300 bht from the front to the back of the saddle.

I never made it an issue cos what is 300 bht compared to double priced jap brand

charlie

hi guys,

Indeed the boxer original needed to be changed i told Pariya after the first i rode it. I did a complete reshape for only 300 bht from the front to the back of the saddle.

I never made it an issue cos what is 300 bht compared to double priced jap brand

charlie

Charlie,

I think you can't really make a "one size suits everyButt's" seat. Even on other Bikes the seats need to be adjusted to the "owner's Butt". 150-300 thb or whatever it needs to get it into your Butt's shape is well invested though.

The Boxer's "stock" seat now is well done so chances are that you may be just fine with it...

happy trails

xobm

Can't see the problem for doing so....

A.) Make an appointment with Tiger Motors

B.)Ask if you could test ride the Boxer 250Rs

C.) Do your test...done!

...easy isn't it?

xobm

No not easy, who's going to hold the stopwatch? drag with a cbr that would be easier... c'mon the cbr is a measely little 150cc the tiger is a 250cc...i'd say you have a very sizely advantage...I mean its a whole 100cc's more powerful.

ok no drag is ok, how about a verified 1/4 mile time then?

No not easy, who's going to hold the stopwatch? drag with a cbr that would be easier... c'mon the cbr is a measely little 150cc the tiger is a 250cc...i'd say you have a very sizely advantage...I mean its a whole 100cc's more powerful.

ok no drag is ok, how about a verified 1/4 mile time then?

Oh jeez,There is about 12 mil. People living in BKK i am sure you will find someone who'll holding a stopwatch for ya or

wait for dave to come back and do it then( you can do a few other races with him too....just make sure you do it somewhere nobody can hurt himself- some people have families )...i have not the slightest interest in doing some testing on something i know( and don't find pleasure in)...besides i would have to do a 500km roundtrip just for that...i just did some cbr riding today back to back with the boxer....funny little Bike the cbr surely is , but i would like to know how to keep it on high rpm's in downtown traffic and than ace off when you need some power( i am talking rushhour/downtown...on lowe/med speeds)...anyways you guys are happy with cbr i am happy with the boxer- Best combination if the biker and the bike is good ...it's 80 cc difference btw....you really should start reading the thread , best would be from the beginning :)

xobm

Edited by xobm

"...I mean its a whole 100cc's more powerful." Only 82 cc, and no more horsepower. It's a 231; much as the BSA Victor 441 was a 441, the GPZ305 was a 305, the Kawasaki 454 was a 454, the Kawa 636 was a 636, the Harley Sportster 883 was an 883, the Chevy 283 was a 283....etc.

You're right peaceblondie...sometimes funny how often things need to be repeated until it reaches some peoples understanding/eyes?

xobm

"...I mean its a whole 100cc's more powerful." Only 82 cc, and no more horsepower. It's a 231; much as the BSA Victor 441 was a 441, the GPZ305 was a 305, the Kawasaki 454 was a 454, the Kawa 636 was a 636, the Harley Sportster 883 was an 883, the Chevy 283 was a 283....etc.

Peaceblondy, with the Kawasaki 636 you probably mean the ZX-6R, it was in was once a 636cc motorcycle, but since not so long the Ninja ZX-6R 599cc and out performance the older model with some serious numbers...

The amount of combustion volume says little about the final performance, okay a teenager can figure-out that a 1000cc will out perform a 400cc, but then what is performance. When you need it, on paper the Tiger Boxer and the Honda CBR150R seem to have a similar performance specification. I agree on that, but how many time, riding a regular A to B you hit the high note where the CBR150R or any sport bike hit the peak performance song?

For the future of the Honda CBR150R, I hope I'm wrong, basically I hope I'm wrong about many things... I not care what people think of me...

@BigBigBKK, you find one of the animal care websites registered on my name, if you want to known, I sponsor several animal-care websites. Other then that I'm also active in garment production, beer production, seafood export, production of military and law enforcement equipment , flowers and gardening import and export, data-communication, and I sponsor in my free time a few projects which I like to see developed... This projects range from creating my own operating system (Windows XP compatible), which run currently just of 60 percent of all Windows XP software, to get a school online in a remote area of Thailand.

Hi Richard,

you mean that cb223? http://www.honda.co.jp/news/2008/2080321-cb223s.html

i never really liked to be too focused on the technical data of some bike as it really depends how it does when it's been ridden.

But here is something that caught my eyes...

the cb223 has 135kg weight, it delivers 16hp's on 7000rpms, and got 5 gears front disk rear drum brakes...

to compare this few things to the boxer (250rs)

weight : cb223 135kg - boxer 121kg = cb223 weighs 14kg more

Hp's : cb223 16 hp- boxer 18hp = cb223 has 2 hp's less

Gears: cb223 5 gears- boxer 5 gears = same

Brakes: cb223 front disc brake, rear drum brake - boxer front and rear disk brake

reading what i just posted here ....is the cb223 coming to thailand really the bike i found on the link or am i misled?

xobm

Hi Richard...just wanted to move this forward as i would like to know if the cb223 on the link above is the one you meant as possibly being introduced here?

thanks

xobm

you find one of the animal care websites registered on my name, if you want to known, I sponsor several animal-care websites. Other then that I'm also active in garment production, beer production, seafood export, production of military and law enforcement equipment , flowers and gardening import and export, data-communication, and I sponsor in my free time a few projects which I like to see developed... This projects range from creating my own operating system (Windows XP compatible), which run currently just of 60 percent of all Windows XP software, to get a school online in a remote area of Thailand.

Hi richard

you do a lot of different things...beer production sounds the most fun of the listed :)

you still find time to ride a bike with all that? I find it already difficult to spare time for a overnight biketrip to anywhere with only one business ...So we going to get OS Richard soon? Open source i presume?

happy trails,

xobm

I'm not sure if I can include the name or URL of my own OS, which in the few years it is currently not actually my OS... i is from everybody who want to use it and want to play with it... But for this you can search my older postings in the computer sector you find the link for sure.

For the beer it is a hobby which got out of hand, still it runs pretty good, we have several pubs in Bangkok who serve our beer... we provide custom flavor, and rent equipment... the business doesn't loose money so I not need to worry...

Back to bike trips, the wife, is pushing me to take more time to myself, on the other hand she doesn't allow me to buy another two-wheeler. In my case I have a few mountain bikes and road-bicycles, on my motorcycle website a very good, very low kilometers, Ducati 1098S is for sale... just if somebody would be interested it is from last year, and half the price...

I also believe you asked me a question, about fueling with a carburetor? Sorry it can be somebody else... The Tiger Boxer 250RS, is a marvelous machine, but despite my love for the machine it is not perfect. Yes I know the Tiger Boxer has stickers and signs all over it for E20 and more fuels it is still set for a wide range of accepting fuel. So if you on a Sunday morning feel bored you can seriously improve the range of your fuel tank and probably performance on a specific fuel. (This not only applies to a Tiger motorcycle, even Honda CBR150R can seriously benefit).

The rules of this forum prevent me to point you to the information how to do it. So you best search in Google for "motorcycle Thailand carburetor"

Peaceblondy, with the Kawasaki 636 you probably mean the ZX-6R, it was in was once a 636cc motorcycle, but since not so long the Ninja ZX-6R 599cc and out performance the older model with some serious numbers...

The amount of combustion volume says little about the final performance, okay a teenager can figure-out that a 1000cc will out perform a 400cc, but then what is performance. When you need it, on paper the Tiger Boxer and the Honda CBR150R seem to have a similar performance specification. I agree on that, but how many time, riding a regular A to B you hit the high note where the CBR150R or any sport bike hit the peak performance song?

The BSA 441 Victor is also outdated; that wasn't my point. :)

I hit the power peak (I have a tach; about 10,000 rpm) daily. :D Today I was driving for a while at 3,00O RPM. My grandson is no longer a teenager. :D

I'm not sure if I can include the name or URL of my own OS, which in the few years it is currently not actually my OS... i is from everybody who want to use it and want to play with it... But for this you can search my older postings in the computer sector you find the link for sure.

For the beer it is a hobby which got out of hand, still it runs pretty good, we have several pubs in Bangkok who serve our beer... we provide custom flavor, and rent equipment... the business doesn't loose money so I not need to worry...

Back to bike trips, the wife, is pushing me to take more time to myself, on the other hand she doesn't allow me to buy another two-wheeler. In my case I have a few mountain bikes and road-bicycles, on my motorcycle website a very good, very low kilometers, Ducati 1098S is for sale... just if somebody would be interested it is from last year, and half the price...

I also believe you asked me a question, about fueling with a carburetor? Sorry it can be somebody else... The Tiger Boxer 250RS, is a marvelous machine, but despite my love for the machine it is not perfect. Yes I know the Tiger Boxer has stickers and signs all over it for E20 and more fuels it is still set for a wide range of accepting fuel. So if you on a Sunday morning feel bored you can seriously improve the range of your fuel tank and probably performance on a specific fuel. (This not only applies to a Tiger motorcycle, even Honda CBR150R can seriously benefit).

The rules of this forum prevent me to point you to the information how to do it. So you best search in Google for "motorcycle Thailand carburetor"

Hi richard,

Yes was me asking about the carbs ...would be great to have the carb tuning a bit guided with pics....i guess i have to google a bit more around.

My wife's the same over bikes...she was all pissed off on the 1200 Vmax and the vfr750 FJ ....and although i like my boxer very much i know the devil inside is getting ready to have something bigger in addition (and keeping the Boxer too) ...

Beer, is it drafted ??

i think if your OS is a free you should be able to post at least the name of it... if you have it posted on your unix page i will look there.

I had also a link about the cb223 posted...is that the one you meant? It seems like a carburated model.

happy trails

xobm

Hi xobm,

I found the same site im wondering too if it gonne be this Honda.

As Tony mentioned the VTR 250 would be a much better option. Nobody knows here (I mean thais ) it is somehow a perfect copy of a DUCATI monster

keep up the good work Honda

charlie