Printing A Full Colour Book In Thailand

My wife is looking at self publishing a cookbook, about 200 pages, slightly smaller then A4, full colour illustrations. The first few copies will be printed on LULU (A web publishing business), and with these few copies we will attempt to find an established publisher to publish and distribute this worldwide.

But we are aware of the economic climate, and the cost of high quality colour printing, it may currently be hard to find a good publisher.

If we cannot find one, we'll self publish, promote via internet, and simply store a thousand or few thousand copies in our basment, and send out by mail order.

In order to loo at the feasibility of this, I'd like to find a few good pinters in thaialnd, to get quotes and look at their quality.

Anyone here who knows a good printer or has experience with this?

Moderators, if this is not the right forum, please shift it elsewhere.

In 2006 I designed and had printed a 240pp A4 landscape, hardback book about my rugby club. This was printed and bound in BKK digitally from PDF files that I created from Quark on the Mac. The printing was fine but the binding left a lot to be desired and after their travels to destinations worldwide a few suffered 'spinal problems' as happens in rugby generally!

I also designed a cookery book but based on 'village cooking and how THEY do it' but all the publishers in the UK just thought of it as being 'yet another Thai cookery book'. I hope yours isn't going to be one of those as the market is flooded with Thai cookbooks and you will waste money publishing, printing and marketing it.

PM me for details if you wish.

Bob

I'm in the 'graphics' business here in Thailand, and I think you'll find it quite hard finding a reasonably cost-effective solution to printing often times here in Thailand as it seems printing costs (especially for low print runs) are relatively (or oftentimes exceptionally) high.

If you are only concerned about your initial low print runs to use as 'samples' at this stage, then I would suggest using Lulu (http://www.lulu.com/publish/books/) as you mentioned or Xlibris (http://www2.xlibris.com/) to get some initial high-quality copies produced. After that, if you are needing larger print runs, then feel free to PM me and I'll put you in touch with some printers I know who may be able to help (depending on quantities).

Regards

Chris

• 4 weeks later...
My wife is looking at self publishing a cookbook, about 200 pages, slightly smaller then A4, full colour illustrations. The first few copies will be printed on LULU (A web publishing business), and with these few copies we will attempt to find an established publisher to publish and distribute this worldwide.

But we are aware of the economic climate, and the cost of high quality colour printing, it may currently be hard to find a good publisher.

If we cannot find one, we'll self publish, promote via internet, and simply store a thousand or few thousand copies in our basment, and send out by mail order.

In order to loo at the feasibility of this, I'd like to find a few good pinters in thaialnd, to get quotes and look at their quality.

Anyone here who knows a good printer or has experience with this?

Moderators, if this is not the right forum, please shift it elsewhere.

My friend is a printery in Bangkok and his business is about printing of magazine, brochure, book, card and etc.

My name is Nat. Please give me your contact detail and detail of material you need such paper type.

More info please send me email at [email protected]