Suzuki Raider 150 In Bkk

113johnn

113... As far as i'm aware the 150 is order only just go into a couple of Suzuki dealer until you find one willing to order you one.

This is one of the few countries that the shops will actually turn away business because they are to lazy to find out the correct info. Good luck!

the distributor is Baan Suzuki 02-7434-2800

Edited by thaicbr

113... As far as i'm aware the 150 is order only just go into a couple of Suzuki dealer until you find one willing to order you one.

This is one of the few countries that the shops will actually turn away business because they are to lazy to find out the correct info. Good luck!

Thanks thaicbr for your help. I'll try ring them tomorrow, do they speak good english? Do or anyone else know where there is any suzuki dealer in BKK?

Thanks thaicbr for your help. I'll try ring them tomorrow, do they speak good english? Do or anyone else know where there is any suzuki dealer in BKK?

I doubt they speak English, and may give 'no' answers because it's the easy way out.

For example: until I asked a few times, a local shop would not order the tires I wanted, but after a few times and a little more Thai, they did.

If you can have a friend speak thai and can call Ban Suzuki, and can find out if they or any other Suzuki Dealer (but they are a distributor) will sell you a new Raider R 150 with electric start, CAN YOU PLEASE PM ME?

I looked for a month or more and could only find very used ones, my current one I've replaced almost everything. I can tell you it's a good all around bike, better than the sonic, The Raider pulls good in the midrange, not so good up on top. I would not call it fast, except in relation to a scooter. I've been 136KPH on mine but not flat out. And the engine revs slowly in the higher gears, higher rpms.

jbeck

• 1 month later...

I doubt they speak English, and may give 'no' answers because it's the easy way out.

For example: until I asked a few times, a local shop would not order the tires I wanted, but after a few times and a little more Thai, they did.

If you can have a friend speak thai and can call Ban Suzuki, and can find out if they or any other Suzuki Dealer (but they are a distributor) will sell you a new Raider R 150 with electric start, CAN YOU PLEASE PM ME?

I looked for a month or more and could only find very used ones, my current one I've replaced almost everything. I can tell you it's a good all around bike, better than the sonic, The Raider pulls good in the midrange, not so good up on top. I would not call it fast, except in relation to a scooter. I've been 136KPH on mine but not flat out. And the engine revs slowly in the higher gears, higher rpms.

jbeck

Dear thaicbr, 

I've purchased Old Raider 150, first time it used Carburetor Keihin of Yamaha TZM150, but this alot of fuel. I ask Suzuki Dealer they said don't have the original of Raider because I have to wait nearly for a month. They told me to buy CBR150 Carburetor as the same techical date & good for raider as well. I bought it & Installed into Raider, it's good. But I thought this little of fuels need for Raider, test running, it's lack of fuel for the first running. As I measured there's only 1,9 little per 100km run. So do I have to do something to repair new CBR Carburetor? Like increase fuel hole biggers? Pls advice.

ATC.. All i can tell you is that the Raider should have a mikuni small round jet with a flow rate of 130. the carb you have should be a mikuni bs26

Thank for your advice. 

But Carb I have is Keihin for CBR150. 

I will see how is the Jet size. In case Jet Flow smaller then rate 130.  Do have have to made it as 130 for Keihin?

The Keihin do not do the jets by flow rate they do by hole size. if you google They have a conversion chart on the net a 130 keihin will be to small. Personally i would order the correct carb thats already jetted. Your bike shop do not know what they are talking about if they say its the same carb. Sure its the same size opening (26mm) but thats it. it will have different needle and slow speed jets as well as main jets. Thats why you are having problems.

Allan

The Keihin do not do the jets by flow rate they do by hole size. if you google They have a conversion chart on the net a 130 keihin will be to small. Personally i would order the correct carb thats already jetted. Your bike shop do not know what they are talking about if they say its the same carb. Sure its the same size opening (26mm) but thats it. it will have different needle and slow speed jets as well as main jets. Thats why you are having problems.

Allan

Attn : thaicbr,

Could you show me place to buy secondhand or new spare part or racing accessories for Raider 150 in Bangkok.

I plant to BKK on 6 Nov 09. I'm Vietnamese. Thank for your support.

• 1 month later...

Allan

Dear ThaiCbr,

All problem above arised when I put wrong some small rubber hole for CBR150 Cab ( which connected to Air Reed Valve at bottom of cylinder). Now is ok. But can you explain for me :

I bought Mikuni Carburetor in Suzuki Ware House in Rangit - Bangkok. It's Mikuni BS 26-187. First looking is bit smaller than Keihin CBR I have.

I installed into my Raide ( I have to made Input hole smaller to suit with 26mm size)r, but it's seem to be weeker than CBR150 Keihin Carburetor at beginning speed & Max speed. 

I measure both Cab againt, Original Mikuni is 26mm, CBR Cab is 29mm Output port. Jet (giclo),seem to be same hole size at 1,1mm. 

Original BS26 Mikuni : weeker, but sound from exhaust pipe warmer ( more bass sound)

Honda CBR150 Cab : Stronger, sound from exhaust pipe come sharper ( less bass sound)

From your experience pls explaint for me how is like this, and which one should better for Raider? 

Best regards!

Edited by ATC