Is There A List Of Licences And Permits ?

bow

We all know that you need a work permit, to be allowed to work.

But there might be many other licences and permits that you would need depending on what sort of business you want to run.

For example, you might need a licence to sell alcohol if you open a bar, or a permit to provide education if you open a language school, or a licence to provide internet access if you open an internet cafe.

Is there a list of permits and licences somewhere ?

I think I can answer my own question by now.

No, there is no such list.

I suppose that people that have access to this sort of information sell it, they don't give it away for free, and, of course, there is nothing wrong with that.

I do not think there is one single list as such.

All those licenses are issued by different departments/organizations within the government.

Some at local offices, some at a more centralized office.

Then their are zoning issues as well. In certain area's you will not get a license to set up a manufacturing business, the so called "entertainment license" is only available in approved "entertainment" area's etc...

As you say yourself, these things are usually arranged by people in the know, and indeed they often run some kind of a "service" company.

On top of that you have company registration, VAT registration, social security for your employees and so on.