Overstay

Was up at Soi Suan Plu two days ago trying to explain away a 25 day overstay following a motorcycle accident. I had a certificate from a doctor explaining that I was not fit to travel until the 15th.

As more experienced members had explained before, I got away with nothing. Fined 5,000 Baht for the overstay and 1,900 for an extension. I had to see the immigration doctor who took one look at my leg and asked me if another month would be sufficient. That was good of her.

As I was paying the overstay upstairs, I noticed that I'd only been given 14 days extra, so questioned it. Was told to come back on the 29th and I'd be given another 14 days - "and you don't have to pay next time". Well, I suppose that's something, but I'll wait and see. At least I'm legal again which is a relief.

Yes, I was disappointed bearing in mind that I'd been hit by a car and had my right leg split open from the knee to the ankle. It required 40 odd stitches, two operations and 11 days in hospital to start putting things right. It'll be another month before I don't have to go to the hospital each day for cleaning and dressing.

I do know people who've been let off the overstay fine in similar circumstances, allbeit a couple of years ago.

Yes, I was disappointed bearing in mind that I'd been hit by a car and had my right leg split open from the knee to the ankle. It required 40 odd stitches, two operations and 11 days in hospital to start putting things right. It'll be another month before I don't have to go to the hospital each day for cleaning and dressing.

I do know people who've been let off the overstay fine in similar circumstances, allbeit a couple of years ago.

At least you are on the mend :o Good luck

What were you supposed to have done in those circumstances?

When my Mom had an unexpected stay at Bumrungrad someone from their customer relations office visited her and told her that they would arrange a visa extension if necessary.

Could that have been done for you?

What were you supposed to have done in those circumstances?

When my Mom had an unexpected stay at Bumrungrad someone from their customer relations office visited her and told her that they would arrange a visa extension if necessary.

Could that have been done for you?

Same happened to me when in Bkk General. All taken care of by the hospital. Free extension for 30 days. :o