Hi. Im Looking For Thai Food Near Pratunam

footballmon

Any street corner stall or foodcourt will do. No need to spend in those fancy restaurants you mentioned.

If it has to be a restaurant try soi rangnam, there is couple of good places and not so expensive.

Any street corner stall or foodcourt will do. No need to spend in those fancy restaurants you mentioned.

If it has to be a restaurant try soi rangnam, there is couple of good places and not so expensive.

thanks... was it near grand diamond suites hotel? can u tell me the restaurant name? pls..

Soi Rangnam is not far from Diamond (which i believe you meant the towers in corner of Petchaburi and Ratchaprop Road close to world trade or central world as it is nowdays called.

Go along Ratchaprop towards wiphawadi Rangsit (towards old don muang airport) around 1km from Petchaburi turn left to Rang Nam right after a gas station on your left.

If you miss the turn, just go straight and turn left in the end (Y intersection) and you end up in Victory Monument. From there go straight over to Phyathai road and turn left to Rangnam right after you pass the Victory monument circle. I guess what i'm trying to say is that Rangnam goes from Ratchaprop to Phyathai road... Any taxi from Pratunam will know it for sure.

Or you can always use google maps and search for "bangkok, thanon rangnam". God i wish i could paste the map links here... :)

Can't remember the name of the restaurant but it's in Soi Rangnam opposite Bangkok Thai Tower office building. Smaller place indoors, green door. Someone will propably know the name of the place as well. Anyways the food there is good and ok priced, havent been for a year or so but used to be regular. Not sure if it is "real" thai food but both i and my wife who is thai likes it.

There's also other ok places in Rangnam and if you like blues and jazz. Check out Saxophone in Victory Monument. Good food and good music.

Soi Rangnam is not far from Diamond (which i believe you meant the towers in corner of Petchaburi and Ratchaprop Road close to world trade or central world as it is nowdays called.

Go along Ratchaprop towards wiphawadi Rangsit (towards old don muang airport) around 1km from Petchaburi turn left to Rang Nam right after a gas station on your left.

If you miss the turn, just go straight and turn left in the end (Y intersection) and you end up in Victory Monument. From there go straight over to Phyathai road and turn left to Rangnam right after you pass the Victory monument circle. I guess what i'm trying to say is that Rangnam goes from Ratchaprop to Phyathai road... Any taxi from Pratunam will know it for sure.

Or you can always use google maps and search for "bangkok, thanon rangnam". God i wish i could paste the map links here... :)

Can't remember the name of the restaurant but it's in Soi Rangnam opposite Bangkok Thai Tower office building. Smaller place indoors, green door. Someone will propably know the name of the place as well. Anyways the food there is good and ok priced, havent been for a year or so but used to be regular. Not sure if it is "real" thai food but both i and my wife who is thai likes it.

There's also other ok places in Rangnam and if you like blues and jazz. Check out Saxophone in Victory Monument. Good food and good music.

anyway tks to u!!the hotel i stay is next to platinum mall.. can i ask u?

cabbages & comdom @ sukhumvit soi 12, or lemon grass 5/1 soi 24 sukhumvit

was it far fr my hotel? it was highly recomm by my friend. thanks

Both are in Sukhumvit. Not far from your hotel.

You can actually walk to Chitlom skytrain station from your hotel and take it from there. For soi 12 go to Asoke station and for Soi 24 go to Phrompong (Emporium) station.

Both restaurants are regularly featured in tourist mags thus well known. And most likely the food is good. But in Bangkok and Thailand in general the food is good everywhere. Paying more just get's you more pleasant place to eat. Pricewise it depends where you come from. If from europe, oz or us you will find dining out in Bangkok to be cheap even in high end places...

T.S. Southern Thai Restaurant (Near Petchburi/Phayathai Intersection - adjacent to BTS)

Thks for ur help, bro! :) Did anybody know about this cabbage & comdom restaurant?? Was it a expensive Restaurant? Is it near to my Hotel i'm staying?

Lemon Grass is probably a bit more 'upmarket' than C&C, much smaller and probably more authentic food... you would probably need to book... don't know prices as it was a work function...

C&C is very big, probably a bit less 'authentic' food... less individual attention on services... price is a bit more expensive that the 'local Thai restaurant' in my home city... Think it was about 1000-2000 Baht for two people including a few drinks, but can't really remember... when I am in BKK, Baht seems to disappear as quickly as my ability to concentrate... what was I saying???

Still no better than the stuff on the street for 100Baht a dish, but I get the impression you are after somewhere that you feel more comfortable...

Cheers,

Daewoo

Edited by Daewoo

T.S. Southern Thai Restaurant (Near Petchburi/Phayathai Intersection - adjacent to BTS)

Thks for ur help, bro! :D Did anybody know about this cabbage & comdom restaurant?? Was it a expensive Restaurant? Is it near to my Hotel i'm staying?

http://bodyholic66.blogspot.com/2008/09/ca...es-condoms.html

hi, thanks n appreciate.. :)

Thks for ur help, bro! :D Did anybody know about this cabbage & comdom restaurant?? Was it a expensive Restaurant? Is it near to my Hotel i'm staying?

http://bodyholic66.blogspot.com/2008/09/ca...es-condoms.html

hi, thanks n appreciate.. :)

Hey... What am I??? Chopped liver???

:D:D:D

P.S. About your hotel... Pratunam is a bit of a pain in the @rse to get anywhere a lot of the time, because it is a bit of a hike up to the BTS, or across to Th Sukhumwit... and the road is a constact traffic jam... or 20THB on a motorsai to the BTS if you are game...

But when it rains forget it... I stood in the foyer (I assume you mean the Amari) for 45 mins in the rain while the concierge tried toget a Taxi to take me, or the three Malay/Chinese Women also waiting to Silom... 45 minutes and more than 20 Taxi's and they wouldn't even take us for big off meter fare (1000THB)... evenutally we borrowed umberellas from reception and walked in the rain to the BTS... If you see a storm coming and want to go out, try and be in a cab before the storm hits...

Cheers,

Daewoo.

Edited by Daewoo

• 3 weeks later...