Bangkok Immigration Moves On September 28!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Announcement Immigration1 Division move to new office

Immigration 1 Division (Bangkok Immigration Division)

Service for area in Bangkok as :

- Visa Extension

- Re-entry Permit

- Issue and change visa

- Resident permit

- Resident certificate

- Aliens Registration

- 90 Days Address report

will be moved to Government Center, Chaengwattana Road Soi 7 (close to the Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chaengwattana Road.) on Monday 28th September 2009

(Except special labor of Laos, Cambodian and Myanmar nationalities service at old office)

Location : Government Center Chaengwattana Building B , No. 120 ,

Moo 3 , Chaengwattana Road , Tungsonghong Sub-District , Laksi District, Bangkok 10210 (As shown in the map)

Tel : 0-2141-9889 , Fax : 0-2143-8228

Remarks : Only in case of visa issuing, visa extension and 90 days report for the special labor of 3 nationalities ( Laos, Cambodia, Mynmar ) is still be serviced at Immigration Bureau, Soi Suan Plu, Satorn, Bangkok

More details Call Center 1178

The Government Complex Commemorating His Majesty ) Chang Wattana B Building

PUBLIC BUS

BUS NO. 52 : PAKKRET - BANG SUE

BUS NO. 150 : PAKKRET - BANGKAPI

BUS NO. 356 : PAKKRET - RANGSIT

BY VAN

ต 10 : MO CHIT 2 – PAKKRET

ต 11 : NGAM WONG WAN(THE MALL) - PAKKRET

ต 16 : MINBURI - MO CHIT 2

ต 22 : MINBURI - PAKKRET

ต 26 : RAMA IX - PAKKRET

ต 27 : MBK CENTER - PAKKRET

ต 64 : VICTORY MONUMENT - PAKKRET

ต 82 : VICTORY MONUMENT - SAPAN MAI

ต 87 : VICTORY MONUMENT – WAT BANGKUWAT

ต 95 : RAMKHAMHAENG UNIVERSITY – RAM INTRA

ต 97 : RAMKHAMHAENG UNIVERSITY - PAKKRET

ต 98 : RAMKHAMHAENG UNIVERSITY – DON MUEANG

ต 102 : THE ROYAL FIELD – PAKKRET PIER

Map and Building Plan

Edited by lopburi3

Can anyone give directions if driving?

My guess is the best way is to get on the express way and follow the signs to Chaeng Wattana.... but have never actualy driven around that area.

Usually get off at Rama 3 road exit (coming from bang Na direction), but I know if I continue on straight ahead there is a sign saying "to Chaeng Wattana", so how do I go from here???

Edited by CWMcMurray

My guess is the best way is to get on the express way and follow the signs to Chaeng Wattana.... but have never actualy driven around that area.

Usually get off at Rama 3 road exit (coming from bang Na direction), but I know if I continue on straight ahead there is a sign saying "to Chaeng Wattana", so how do I go from here???

Come off the expressway at the Chaeng Wattana exit and then follow the signs for Laksi / Vibhavadi Rangsit. Keep going down Chaeng Wattana past the Tesco and then the Big C, you can keep right and take the flyovers. About 1km after passing the Big C you will see the government complex on your right hand side, do a u-turn just after passing the post office (I think) and then turn left into the complex.

If you are coming from Bangkok on the Don Muang tollway then you want to take the second exit for Chaeng Wattana road. The first is sign posted for Chaeng Wattana, ignore it, the second is sign posted for Pakret (and the government complex but in Thai only). Taking the second exit means you fly over the traffic lights at the railway lines.

Due to the huge amount of government offices, ministries, army head quarters, TOT, etc. etc. on Chaeng Wattana the rush hour traffic is crazy. It's going to be a dilemma for the drivers, do you try to get to immigration for 8:30 but tackle the rush hour traffic or go in light traffic at 11am but have a longer wait in immigration?

I think you should leave this open until after the first week of the opening of the new offices. It will be very interesting to hear the comments of the first week's operation of the new offices. The traffic will be horrendous of course but interested if there will be any improvements to the office operations.

If you come from Bang Na it's best to continue on the old expressway to Din Daeng and just go along Vibhavadi Rangsit Rd. (or Tollway) to Chaeng Wattana, turn left and go for about 3KM. It'll be on the left side, no U-turn needed.

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

How to get there by SkyTrain or Subway?

Taxi from Mo Chit costs about 110 Baht and the journey takes about 20 minutes, depending on traffic. No problem finding another taxi to take you back to Mo Chit for about the same price. I was at the MFA last Wednesday (next to the new immigration building). Very easy trip, even though the traffic on Chaeng Wattana was fairly heavy at 10:00.

More info. concerning the MFA. Apparently the express service for legalising documents will be suspended, until further notice, on 01 October, so the turn-round time will be a minimum of 2 days. The postal system for document return will still be available - not that you might want to trust it for anything important!

DM

From Mo-Chit Skytrain stations there are minivans going that direction

The answer to this is to not use the new immigration office, but instead use the "One stop shop" for 90 day notice, which is located close to Mo Chit station. Here is a map. It is meant for businessmen but can be used for anyone on a year visa of any kind.

post-60541-1253960508_thumb.jpg

So just to ram this home: if you use public transport (Skytrain and MRT) do not use the new immigration office, instead go to the "One stop shop" on themap above.

The answer to this is to not use the new immigration office, but instead use the "One stop shop" for 90 day notice, which is located close to Mo Chit station. Here is a map. It is meant for businessmen but can be used for anyone on a year visa of any kind.

So just to ram this home: if you use public transport (Skytrain and MRT) do not use the new immigration office, instead go to the "One stop shop" on themap above.

that is o good news really, i was thinking to go there on the 30th, thanks,

CWMcMurray, I don’t know how good the driving directions given by Google Maps are but you may want to look at them:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...e=UTF8&z=12

On Chaeng Watthana Soi 7 I could not draw the line down to right in front of the building because Google Maps does not yet know the new, additional stretch of that road.

--

Maestro

Also for endorsement/re-entry permit when you have permanent residency?

I'm a little confused. This is the first I've heard of the "One-stop shop". I'm on an Extension of stay/Work permit and have to do my 90-day report on 7 October. Can I use the "One stop shop" instead of the main Immigration office?

Board of Investment (BOI) One Stop Service Center

It doesn't do permanent residence visa, but it certainly does 90 day notices. It does do work permits. It is operated jointly by the Labour and Immigration departments.

It is not well known. But it is here:

555 Phayonyothin Rd. Rasa Tower 2.

It is on the north bound lane of Phayonyothin Rd. just prior to Soi 19. Tower 1 is on Phayonyothin and Tower 2 attached but behind it. Service Center is on floor 16 in Tower 2.

I predict a huge spike in customers until they finally abolish the 90 day requirement.

I'm a little confused. This is the first I've heard of the "One-stop shop". I'm on an Extension of stay/Work permit and have to do my 90-day report on 7 October. Can I use the "One stop shop" instead of the main Immigration office?

Board of Investment (BOI) One Stop Service Center

It doesn't do permanent residence visa, but it certainly does 90 day notices. It does do work permits. It is operated jointly by the Labour and Immigration departments.

It is not well known. But it is here:

555 Phayonyothin Rd. Rasa Tower 2.

It is on the north bound lane of Phayonyothin Rd. just prior to Soi 19. Tower 1 is on Phayonyothin and Tower 2 attached but behind it. Service Center is on floor 16 in Tower 2.

I predict a huge spike in customers until they finally abolish the 90 day requirement.

Thanks for all that info, Question for anyone? I am on retirement Visa, which is due to be renewed Dec 15, 2009, and I already did my 90 report a few weeks ago, due back to report Dec 1, it says I can go for 90 report at One Stop Shop, which seems the closest to me on Sukhumvit Asok? Can I renew my retirement visa there too? or only at the new location stated above. I am sorry about being a bit slow and thick about reading the facts above and having to ask this question. I just want to be clear and sure about where I can and cannot go. Someone had told me there were other locations for reporting but they never said where exactly? Closer to me on Sukhumvit. Does anyone know where there might be closer locations just to be clear? Thanks in advance for any info in this matter.

Please note that most immigration procedures will be handled on the new address per Monday September 28!

The date of October 1 is not correct any more! Check first!

This was posted on Suan Phlu where I was today.

Can I just clarify, does this mean that re-entry permits are no longer issued at the Suan Plu office? :)

I need to get one before I fly out on Monday 28th evening and I want to make sure I go to the right place to do it in case I don't have enough time before my flight.

Thanks

Please note that most immigration procedures will be handled on the new address per Monday September 28!

Can I just clarify, does this mean that re-entry permits are no longer issued at the Suan Plu office? :)

I need to get one before I fly out on Monday 28th evening and I want to make sure I go to the right place to do it in case I don't have enough time before my flight.

Thanks

Correct. New immigration office at Chaeng Wattana opens Monday 28th. Have a look at post#2.

Edited by thaiphoon

Thanks

Correct. New immigration office at Chaeng Wattana opens Monday 28th. Have a look at post#2.

Thanks for clarifying :D

so for non immigration o visa holders we still go to suan phlu?

Suan Plu will only remain open for visa issuing, visa extension and 90 days report for the special labor of 3 nationalities (Laos, Cambodia, Mynmar ). All other immigration matters will be handled at Chaeng Wattana from Monday 28th September.

No you start on (squiggle)... Then you drive 3 blocks and take a right on (wiggle squiggle). Then you make an immediate left

on (squiggle). If you have any difficulty finding (wiggle) or (squiggle) don't try to google them in google maps.

They only take English characters. If you try to read a map there's thousands of different (wiggle ) and (squiggle)

symbols that are the names of the streets. Unless you read Thai you might have a bit of difficulty deciphering them.

Then of course you can ask a cab driver for directions? Also there's a slight problem of multiple names for the same street.

They say the American Embassy is on wireless road but the street name of wireless road is a Thai name. You only see

the words wireless road if you zoom in real close.

Immigration 1 Division (Bangkok Immigration Division)

and a new office is opening in Lopburi...at the provincial police station on the big roundabout west of BigC..........better leave it a month as the building isnt kitted out yet

Come off the expressway at the Chaeng Wattana exit and then follow the signs for Laksi / Vibhavadi Rangsit. Keep going down Chaeng Wattana past the Tesco and then the Big C, you can keep right and take the flyovers. About 1km after passing the Big C you will see the government complex on your right hand side, do a u-turn just after passing the post office (I think) and then turn left into the complex.

If you are coming from Bangkok on the Don Muang tollway then you want to take the second exit for Chaeng Wattana road. The first is sign posted for Chaeng Wattana, ignore it, the second is sign posted for Pakret (and the government complex but in Thai only). Taking the second exit means you fly over the traffic lights at the railway lines.

Due to the huge amount of government offices, ministries, army head quarters, TOT, etc. etc. on Chaeng Wattana the rush hour traffic is crazy. It's going to be a dilemma for the drivers, do you try to get to immigration for 8:30 but tackle the rush hour traffic or go in light traffic at 11am but have a longer wait in immigration?

I am afraid this is wrong. If you take the Don Muang Expressway there are two exits to Chaengwattana, do not take the first one that says Chaeng Wattana/Laksi as this will involve the traffic lights over the railway line. If you take the 2nd exit you will miss the lights and be directly on Chaengwattana Road. The new immigration will be about 1km down on the left hand side before the post office. No need for u-turn, you will not see Tesco or Big C. I should know as I live in Laksi and use this road every day.

[i am afraid this is wrong. If you take the Don Muang Expressway there are two exits to Chaengwattana, do not take the first one that says Chaeng Wattana/Laksi as this will involve the traffic lights over the railway line. If you take the 2nd exit you will miss the lights and be directly on Chaengwattana Road. The new immigration will be about 1km down on the left hand side before the post office. No need for u-turn, you will not see Tesco or Big C. I should know as I live in Laksi and use this road every day.

It wasn't wrong, there were two sets of directions. The first set was for coming up the Sirat Expressway past the bus terminal and the second for the Don Muang Expressway.

The One Stop Center only does 90 day reports. Other services there are for BOI companies. As the wait now for 90 day reports can be over an hour with no PA facility or desk space (three working in one position) I expect they may restrict further in the future if there is a sudden influx.

Immigration 1 Division (Bangkok Immigration Division) ... will be moved to Government Center, Chaengwattana Road Soi 7 (close to the Department of Consular Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Chaengwattana Road.) on Monday 28th September 2009

Is this where erroneous "admitted until" dates stamped in passports on arrival at Suvarnabhumi are now rectified?

If so, can those of us who don't live in Bangkok have such errors rectified at the new office? Or can this now only be done at our local immigration office?

This is a google map url of all immigration offices in Thailand including the new one

looks like the Bangkok BOI One-Stop Service Center Rasa Tower 2555 Phahonyothin Road 16th Floor, is the only one with MRT access, too bad they could not do a central Bangkok location in the Sukhumvit area just for 90 day check ins, but maybe the One Stop Shop will work out...

Edited by Rainmon