Non Imm O - Multiple Entry, 1 Year

Hello and good day (and sorry),

but I am totally confused now ...

( after reading most reg this subject here )

Do I have to do the visarun every 90 days OR

can I extend my visa at immigration i.e.

avoid

crossing a boarder ?

( Hopefully I can answer similar questions to

newbies in the future )

Thanks to all of you for a precise answer ...

-nevada-

You need to do a "border run" every 90 days unless there are special circumstances i.e medically unfit to travel. I seem to remember someone posting they extended a Non Imm O (other than for marriage/retirement) beyond the 90 day stay......this isnt my understanding however, far as i know its 90 days and out.

It would be very helpful if you told us a little more - like on what basis was your O multi entry visa issued?

If you have a Thai wife you may be able to extend your stay and not have to make visa runs if you provide support to the tune of 400k baht per year. But if you received the visa to visit friends you can only stay 90 days at a time and then must leave the country.

You can also get an extension if you are aged over 50 and have the necessary

money in the bank (800K) or a pension.

OR

If you get a job with a suitable salary and work permit.

^ A Non-imm O can be used in place of an O-A, I'm not sure but I think only certain places issue an O-A (is that the one you sometimes can get within in Thailand?). And again if I remember correctly there's something extra you have to do to get an O-A???

Astral....tisin't what you've offered relevant to the O-A VISA or commonly know as a geezer visa for retired people whom can do as little as check in by mail??????

The O-A is obtained outside Thailand - he is here so it would just be an extension of stay from a normal O visa or converted from a normal tourist visa. Same type of thing but requirements slightly different but still have to be a geezer or pretender.

The check in by mail is a 90 day reporting requirement and is not a visa/extension of stay condition. Anyone staying longer than 90 days must report their current address and do so every 90 days. If they travel the next entry will be a report and count from then.

Although I'm almost never in the use the search buttom mode but I did and there is loads of recent stuff on this issue. I appears that the board is still in question as to entry on one of these long stay thingos. Alas, as it seems there will be a number of posters passing thru Passport control and have promised to report. This site has a great section on visa info and was a wonderful source. I have found the data to be correct everytime.