Uk Visa Time Again

Hiya guys,I got a 6 month UK holiday visa at the 1st time of asking for my wife in January this year,she wanted to use agencies etc as her friends had told her it could more or less guarantee the visa.I put my foot down and said no,I put my faith in this forum and with a lot of help from the people in Thanks again guys this forum we got the visa no problem at all.Now she has went home,i made sure it was a couple of days early,we are now looking at another visa as she enjoyed herself here and wants to come back.I have checked the visa 4 u website but want to know in the opinion of the people on this forum whats the next step to take,try for a 2,5,10 year visa,is it much more difficult whats required etc etc.Thanks again guys!

First of all well done with the first time success, it just goes to show that you don't need to use an agent for an uncomplicated visa application. I am a bit concerned that you used the term that you applied and that you made sure she went home on time.

My question is where are you based? are you in the UK and your wife in Thailand? if this is the case and your wife applies for a longer term visa, the ECO might assume, rightly or wrongly, that she is trying to circumnavigate the system and spend more time in the UK, remember she can only spend a maximum of 6 months in a year.

I personally would suggest you goes for another six month visa, and outline your plans for the future in the application. If however you are both living in Thailand and have plans for the future here, she might want to apply for a longer term visa, but again you need to make it clear in the application.

That's only my take, I'm sure others will have differing views.

Hiya guys,I got a 6 month UK holiday visa at the 1st time of asking for my wife in January this year,she wanted to use agencies etc as her friends had told her it could more or less guarantee the visa.I put my foot down and said no,I put my faith in this forum and with a lot of help from the people in Thanks again guys this forum we got the visa no problem at all.Now she has went home,i made sure it was a couple of days early,we are now looking at another visa as she enjoyed herself here and wants to come back.I have checked the visa 4 u website but want to know in the opinion of the people on this forum whats the next step to take,try for a 2,5,10 year visa,is it much more difficult whats required etc etc.Thanks again guys!

You don't state how long she actually spent in the UK. If, I'm wrong correct me, but your post sounds like she came for the full 6 months and you made sure she went home at 5 months and x days to be sure she was ok. If this is the case, then you'll have to wait at least 6 months from when she left before you can apply again without them thinking as the oldgit pointed out. They've got a tendancy to reject an application made fairly soon after a visa has expired, as it is their belief thatyou are avoiding going down the settlement visa route, and she is living in the UK on short term visas. Best wait until around the 6 month mark and apply for another 6 month visa. Maybe after that has been used correctly you can think about applying for a longer term visa as you will have established a good visa history and will show that regular visits are being made so there is a need for a longer term visa.

I she liked it so much as you say then the entry officer will pick up on this and probably conclude that it is her desire to be in the UK and not Thailand. She is obviously not a tourist if she only came back to Thailand in July and already wants to return to the UK - technicaly speaking.

If this was her first ever visit to the UK, then it is unlikely that she will get a longer term visit visa yet; and if you are resident in the UK it is unlikely that she will get one at all, unless you can convince the embassy that there is a good reason why you live in the UK and she in Thailand.

Of course, if you both live in Thailand then it will be easier.

Even if she does get a 2, 5 or even 10 year visit visa remember that the usual length of stay and frequency of visit rules will still apply.

That is, no more than 6 months in the UK on any one visit and no more than 6 months out of any 12 in the UK.

If she wants to live in the UK with you then it is a settlement visa hat she needs.