Honda Vtr 2010

visions

Just got back from the show myself, the Honda stand was by far the weakest of the Jap brands. The other 3 made an effort but the Honda stand was crap. Seems like they're happy selling Waves and Clicks, I wouldn't expect much more from them in the next 12 months based on that showing.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And don't forget.......it took Honda how long to realize Yamaha had a winner with its fully automatic Nouvos and Mios? Then it came out with a smaller bike as its reply thinking the name Honda was magic.

Just got back from the show myself, the Honda stand was by far the weakest of the Jap brands. The other 3 made an effort but the Honda stand was crap. Seems like they're happy selling Waves and Clicks, I wouldn't expect much more from them in the next 12 months based on that showing.

Honda have managed to mate an automatic gearbox on to their Wave series which is a major innovation in small bike technology - and given its large wheels and central engine mass, much, much safer, especially when you have to react quickly and don't have all of the mass scooter style at the back of the bike. Also, no gear lever means it does not wreck your gearchange action when leaping on bigger bikes (they work the other way round), and I may buy one as a town bike.

Kawasaki are the weakest small bike maker but how long before the kudos of having so many large bikes on the markets works down to sales of their smaller bikes?

So I think there will be some pressure on Honda to get in on the act, it may be they can not produce the VTR250 at a competitive price or have problems setting up production or just don't think they can sell enough. Sad if it doesn't come to pass.

Was the Suzuki TU250x at the show, this was listed on their big bike website but no pricing or availability. This already has fuel injection and at a guess produced in Korea???

The Chinese are slowly moving into the 250cc plus sector so I would imagine that the Japanese companies will be desperate to cover their turf with stuff produced in places like Thailand or Vietnam.

I agree, Honda has always been at the forefront of Japanese transportation innovation and they are rightfully the best of the Japanese bike brands worldwide.

The Suzuki TU250x and Bandit 1250 were NOT at the show.

I sat on the TU back in the US, it's a pretty cool cafe bike, comfy posture, not too heavy, and narrow.

Strange that no Japanese brands offer a smaller CC standard/cafe bike when I see so many old GTO, SR400, and CB400 bikes all over.

If they can sell the TU for under 150K, I bet they'll sell a bunch.

I'm all for bringing in Chinese bikes, more competition benefits the buyer.

Zongshen had their Fly 150 and there were some pimped out Pitpro mini bikes.

I saw no bigger CC Chinese bikes.

Tiger was there, but Sachs had nothing on display.

I was hoping to see more new stuff on the bike side of the Motor Show, but it was a pretty sad display, not much you couldn't see at the dealers already.

• 2 months later...
I like faired bikes so will organise a set of fairings for it prior to delivery

Why would you do that when you can pop down and take delivery tomorrow on a baby Ninja which appears to be a better all around bike anyway.

I sure like the the look of those 2010 VTR 250's.

It's probable Honda can't build enough of them for the European market. Until they do we wont be seeing them here I reckon.

Sad really, but at least you can buy a nice new Kawasaki Ninja 250 for a reasonable price and is one hel_l of a good bike all around.

Edited by MrEarl