Work Or Marriage

O.K. I have to return to Oz for my Non imm o visa. Meaning my work visa as such. Although I am married to a Thai and have 400, 000bht in the bank I have been told to get the work visa.

Now, I have a job and my boss is happy to give me letter of employment to confirm status. I have also been offered another job in a totally different field.

Question is should I get a letter of employment from this employer too???

Thanx

Cc

O.K. I have to return to Oz for my Non imm o visa. Meaning my work visa as such. Although I am married to a Thai and have 400, 000bht in the bank I have been told to get the work visa.

Now, I have a job and my boss is happy to give me letter of employment to confirm status. I have also been offered another job in a totally different field.

Question is should I get a letter of employment from this employer too???

Thanx

Cc

You only need one employer letter to get a Non-Immigrant O visa in Australia. Two will complicate things. Where in Oz will you apply for the visa ?

the BIG QUESTION...what constitutes 'work'??? If I'm pottering around my garden someone could say 'hey...that fat grey haired falang is working'...

I could say 'mind yer own business you fcukin nosey thai piece ob <deleted>...you show me who has paid me for my innocent efforts...'

so...if one is not paid for whatever they do is it 'working'???

You should not need an employment letter for a Class O visa - just copy of marriage certificate, and signed copies of wife's ID card and house registration.

I visa is not involved with "support of a Thai spouse" - it is just a permit to enter Thailand. Employment has nothing to do with it.

You can obtain a work permit using an entry permit issued against a Class O visa.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

ww.thaistartup.com

^ Yeah what they said. Make sure you use the money to 'extend' the Visa, rather than using the WP to do so!

Why not get it from Penang though?

No fun in Penang. Wife wants to see where I am from plus the family is throwing a blessing of the wedding thing.

Just with a married visa means I need to keep 400, 000 in bank. THink the work one be the best.

Am going to Adelaide to organise. Will only use one letter of employment.

Cheers

Carl

Can't wait to down a few Pale Ales either. And thats the Coopers ones.

^ Yeah what they said. Make sure you use the money to 'extend' the Visa, rather than using the WP to do so!

No fun in Penang. Wife wants to see where I am from plus the family is throwing a blessing of the wedding thing.

Just with a married visa means I need to keep 400, 000 in bank. THink the work one be the best.

Cheers

Carl

Slight correction - you do not need to keep 400k in the bank - that is only required during the extension renewal period (about 45 days) each year - the rest of the year the wife is free to spend it. :o

Carl, personally I'd rather 'extend' it using the money and put the WP on top as otherwise if you leave the school or the school jack you you've only got 7-14 days to leave the country.....if you 'extend' with the money you're not tied to the school in this way...it's far better IMO!

Cheers

Carl

Each to their own. That Coopers muck would kill a soi dog :o