Taking My Lover With Me On A Vacation To Australia

bilinlos

I am an American citizen that has a residence in Pattaya and i am in Thailand about 20% of the time for the next few years until I retire there. Right now I would like to take my lover with me on a trip to Sydney and need to know how to go about it. Can we just have a travel agent organize it all. Money in the bank is no issue and we have been together for over a year. I would like to take him there in jan/feb 2010.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks for whatever help you can give.

I am an American citizen that has a residence in Pattaya and i am in Thailand about 20% of the time for the next few years until I retire there. Right now I would like to take my lover with me on a trip to Sydney and need to know how to go about it. Can we just have a travel agent organize it all. Money in the bank is no issue and we have been together for over a year. I would like to take him there in jan/feb 2010.

:) Aussie citizen living in LOS, took my partner, thai, of 3 years then, to aus two years ago, got his visa in 4 days, had to provide loads of documentation that we had been together etc blah and blah...needs go to Tower on Sathorn, where the aus guvment issues thais visas, that will be your first step...good luck! :D Dukkha

:) Aussie citizen living in LOS, took my partner, thai, of 3 years then, to aus two years ago, got his visa in 4 days, had to provide loads of documentation that we had been together etc blah and blah...needs go to Tower on Sathorn, where the aus guvment issues thais visas, that will be your first step...good luck! :D Dukkha

I am an Australian and have taken two thai boys to Australia and had a third approved but he changed his mind.

I am told that even bar boys can get visas easier if they have a job to come back to. Previously anything to do with Pattaya was a no no. Sure there is a lot of paperwork to prove he can support himself but it is worth it.

Very similar procedure to a girl/lady getting a tourist visa to visit Australia.

1. Write a letter inviting your partner to visit Australia with you. Explain in the letter that you will be responsible for your partners costs (airfare, accommodation, meals, transport inside Australia, health care costs etc etc).

2. Write out an itinerary - explaining where you will visit each day etc. You don't have to stick to it - but it lets Australian immigration know you are not just going to dump your other half in an Australian boy brothel.

3. Get your partner's employer to write a letter - explaining that he can have time off (dates are important) for the reason of travel and that (most important) - he has a job to go back to when the holiday is over.

4. Photos of the 2 of you together - I took about 30 - A4 size and had them laminated.

Best thing is for both of you to visit Australian Visa Services together - make sure you are both dressed neatly.

No guarantees - but it is paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Also, make sure you have downloaded from the Australian Dept of Immigration's website the appropriate Visa form.

Cheers and best of luck, Peter.

Forgive my ignorance, or maybe I am missing something here ? Assuming that your partner is an adult, why does he need you to "take" him to Australia for a vacation, as if he were some sort of chattel ? You stated that you are a non-Australian, and that you are proposing to go there only for a vacation, not to live there. On a presumption that Australia has no recognition of gay marriage, you would have nothing to offer him there either.

If he wants to go to Australia (with, or without, you), couldn't he do all of this for himself, by himself ?

Very similar procedure to a girl/lady getting a tourist visa to visit Australia.

1. Write a letter inviting your partner to visit Australia with you. Explain in the letter that you will be responsible for your partners costs (airfare, accommodation, meals, transport inside Australia, health care costs etc etc).

2. Write out an itinerary - explaining where you will visit each day etc. You don't have to stick to it - but it lets Australian immigration know you are not just going to dump your other half in an Australian boy brothel.

3. Get your partner's employer to write a letter - explaining that he can have time off (dates are important) for the reason of travel and that (most important) - he has a job to go back to when the holiday is over.

4. Photos of the 2 of you together - I took about 30 - A4 size and had them laminated.

Best thing is for both of you to visit Australian Visa Services together - make sure you are both dressed neatly.

No guarantees - but it is paperwork, paperwork, paperwork. Also, make sure you have downloaded from the Australian Dept of Immigration's website the appropriate Visa form.

Cheers and best of luck, Peter.

all the above is the go and you should have no problem at all...... just went through the same process with a friend who is a girls, not g f, and she got visa in one week, there was one glitz though, the info form says that you can pay for the visa by money order, but they would not accept it and she had to send a bank cheque, (cashiers cheque) but if you are going in person to embassy this will not be a problem, her application was made by mail from cnx

Forgive my ignorance, or maybe I am missing something here ? Assuming that your partner is an adult, why does he need you to "take" him to Australia for a vacation, as if he were some sort of chattel ? You stated that you are a non-Australian, and that you are proposing to go there only for a vacation, not to live there. On a presumption that Australia has no recognition of gay marriage, you would have nothing to offer him there either.

If he wants to go to Australia (with, or without, you), couldn't he do all of this for himself, by himself ?

I know now I am wrong but I always thought that it was not the case and non regular couples had some recognition when it comes to Visas